• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man Yuku is wack
30t6p3b.gif

For the Epic I would say that the best part of rooting is that you will always have newer roms when other devices get updates. I mean its still new so its yet to be seen but Samsung is known for being "On to the next one" for lack of a better term. They forget about the last device once they bring out another so you will not get updates. But Chefs with the Epic will keep making new Roms for it so you will be up to date.

The thing I enjoy with root on my Evo is themes and Overclocking/Underclocking. With the underclock while the screen is off I get 16 hours on 1 battery and im am fairly heavy user.

But like I said the best part is that your roms will always be up to date. HTC is keeping up with the Evo fairly well because theyve had like 3 OTA updates already and it is fixing everything that the Roms from XDA already had, so the Root doesnt seem as important for that phone. But with Samsung who knows how long it will end up taking to "Officially" fix stuff that is wrong with it, that you can already find fixes for in a custom Rom.

For the Epic I would say that the best part of rooting is that you will always have newer roms when other devices get updates. I mean its still new so its yet to be seen but Samsung is known for being "On to the next one" for lack of a better term. They forget about the last device once they bring out another so you will not get updates. But Chefs with the Epic will keep making new Roms for it so you will be up to date.

The thing I enjoy with root on my Evo is themes and Overclocking/Underclocking. With the underclock while the screen is off I get 16 hours on 1 battery and im am fairly heavy user.

But like I said the best part is that your roms will always be up to date. HTC is keeping up with the Evo fairly well because theyve had like 3 OTA updates already and it is fixing everything that the Roms from XDA already had, so the Root doesnt seem as important for that phone. But with Samsung who knows how long it will end up taking to "Officially" fix stuff that is wrong with it, that you can already find fixes for in a custom Rom.

does .9.pngs mess with the size of a widget?
I'm trying to have them all the same size but having problems with ones that have .9

and I can't get the xml file open to modify it to work with the edited png

does .9.pngs mess with the size of a widget?
I'm trying to have them all the same size but having problems with ones that have .9

and I can't get the xml file open to modify it to work with the edited png

Originally Posted by gboy1230

hey can someone help me with getting roms for my psx.....

im not sure how to make it work... when i DL a ROM they are normally zipped and i unzipp them so i think and that should be it but i cant seem to play anything ... it appears that my psx is running cause when i click it wants me to choose a path to get to a rom but it says i dont have any... when i click on the .bin file it seems like its running the actually psx and when i hit the menu button on the phone i get the options load and save etc etc ....

as of right now ive been getting me games from coolROMs.com ....
its starting to bug where im just going to delete the psx off my phone
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

also, im doing all of this through my phone.... if its easy to do it from the comp then tranfers it to my phone i guess i could do that but i dont see why it shouldnt work the way im doing it.... please help thanks !!!!

btw im on a samsung vibrant

anyone help?
Here is a link to help you out. You basically need to create a separate folder and put all the downloaded files there so psx4droid can read them. I've been using the NES and SNES emulators with no problem. I've only tried Gran Turismo on PSX, kind of laggy and basically doesn't work. I'm sure there are plenty out there that do work though. Doperoms is also a good place to look.
psx4droid Setup
2lyk2x.png

im not sure how to make it work... when i DL a ROM they are normally zipped and i unzipp them so i think and that should be it but i cant seem to play anything ... it appears that my psx is running cause when i click it wants me to choose a path to get to a rom but it says i dont have any... when i click on the .bin file it seems like its running the actually psx and when i hit the menu button on the phone i get the options load and save etc etc ....

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

also, im doing all of this through my phone.... if its easy to do it from the comp then tranfers it to my phone i guess i could do that but i dont see why it shouldnt work the way im doing it.... please help thanks !!!!

anyone help?
Here is a link to help you out. You basically need to create a separate folder and put all the downloaded files there so psx4droid can read them. I've been using the NES and SNES emulators with no problem. I've only tried Gran Turismo on PSX, kind of laggy and basically doesn't work. I'm sure there are plenty out there that do work though. Doperoms is also a good place to look.
psx4droid Setup
2lyk2x.png

Finally got my X rooted, what's good to get guys. Already got Wireless tether and shoot me. What else is a must have?

Finally got my X rooted, what's good to get guys. Already got Wireless tether and shoot me. What else is a must have?

What is the best android forum? Im selling my iphone 4 and getting a captivate, i want to know everything there is to know about android and rooting as im clueless about android.

What is the best android forum? Im selling my iphone 4 and getting a captivate, i want to know everything there is to know about android and rooting as im clueless about android.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I put this in the first post because everyone asks this..Xda developers is the Android bible....start there......bookmark it....refer to it when you need anything you are looking for.I can lead you to the toilet....but I can't take a dump for you....good luck

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I put this in the first post because everyone asks this..Xda developers is the Android bible....start there......bookmark it....refer to it when you need anything you are looking for.I can lead you to the toilet....but I can't take a dump for you....good luck

Originally Posted by amel223

mrtito32 wrote:
10zob50.png
I've been lurking, and this is like the best damn set up I've seen for a phone yet.  I'd love to copy this.  
tired.gif
But I don't know where to start, I'm such a newb. 

Id like to do this on my hero do i need to root my phone to have thise theme or can i just download it and it works info?

Originally Posted by amel223

mrtito32 wrote:
10zob50.png
I've been lurking, and this is like the best damn set up I've seen for a phone yet.  I'd love to copy this.  
tired.gif
But I don't know where to start, I'm such a newb. 

Id like to do this on my hero do i need to root my phone to have thise theme or can i just download it and it works info?

Question for epic or vibrant owners...

Is there an app that can help with battery life? How bad is battery life on the phone?

Question for epic or vibrant owners...

Is there an app that can help with battery life? How bad is battery life on the phone?

Originally Posted by mrtito32

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

anyone help?
psx4droid Setup
2lyk2x.png

Hey man this its pretty helpful that's I haven't messed with it yet cause I'm at work but I will when I get home just been reading up on it ... I'm curious though are y'all DL the ruins straight from you phone or on a oc then transferring them over to the phone ???

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

anyone help?
psx4droid Setup
2lyk2x.png

Hey man this its pretty helpful that's I haven't messed with it yet cause I'm at work but I will when I get home just been reading up on it ... I'm curious though are y'all DL the ruins straight from you phone or on a oc then transferring them over to the phone ???

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

anyone help?
psx4droid Setup
2lyk2x.png

Back
Top Bottom