• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I Just don't like the fact they are on the whole Jelly Bean steeze now when most devices are still running Gingerbread, and with all these ICS devices finally dropping they will probably see the fate of not seeing Jellybean. As a device owner that would disgust me, rooting or not. Avg customer should not have to root their device just to get software updates, especially those dropping 2-300 bucks on a phone that without voiding the warranty will more than likely not be supported after 8 months.

Anyone think this year gonna be the last year google have some other company manufacturer and design there nexus phone? Since just they bought out motorola now, you would think next year phone would be all google even parts wise.

I had the first motorola droid when it initially came out. WORST phone I ever purchased! screen would wig out and not read my finger swipes. I think motorola should give up on phones..

Trying chrome browser on my gnex for the first time tonight....so far its great and its still only on the beta phase.It will probably be our stock browser for jelly bean (looking forward to the update)

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I Just don't like the fact they are on the whole Jelly Bean steeze now when most devices are still running Gingerbread, and with all these ICS devices finally dropping they will probably see the fate of not seeing Jellybean. As a device owner that would disgust me, rooting or not. Avg customer should not have to root their device just to get software updates, especially those dropping 2-300 bucks on a phone that without voiding the warranty will more than likely not be supported after 8 months.

Up to the current point, OEM's have only received access to the newest version of Android once it hits AOSP, where anyone can download the source code and tinker with it. That's why you see all the new phones coming out, like the GSIII and One X, with ICS and releasing around 6 months after it hits AOSP. I understand your concern, but a lot of high-end devices have been updated to ICS recently, like the GSII, Sensation, RAZR, and a bunch of other flagship devices. When you buy a budget device, you run the risk of not being updated, but if you buy a flagship device like the GSIII, you can expect to be updated to JB at least, and hopefully the next version of Android.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Problem solved for average Consumer.

Thats why software will always will impress me than specs, cause at the end of the day if the software is crap it will create terrible user experiences and that quad-core, 2gb of ram wouldn't mean nothing.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I'm probably going to pick up a Galaxy SIII next month. I just need to know, what screen protectors do ya'll recommend?

I'm leaving Blackberry and haven't used a touch screen in years. Are ya'll just using cases to protect the back and being ultra cautious how you use the phone's screen?

I hate both cases and screen protectors. Cases just add bulk and no matter what case you get it'll look ugly. Just don't put anything else in your pocket with your phone and you won't scratch the screen. I've had touch screen phones over the last five years and they've all looked brand new in the time i used them.

I too hate screen protectors.  However, paying $600 + off contract w/ no insurance pretty much necessitates a case.  After dropping my SGS II right on the corner (only about 2 feet) I got three long hairline cracks at a diagonal.  This is my first cop w/out subsidy so I gotta play it safe.  I figure I'll go naked at home and case it up anytime I leave the house.

screen protectors aren't gonna protect your screen from a drop though.  i've tried a bunch of different screen protectors (zagg, bestskinsever, phantom) because i was paranoid about scratches to the screen.  one day, i just said "eff it" and ripped off the protector i had on at the time because it was too grippy and had a weird refraction that distorted the display slightly.  screen still looks new a year later (minus very tiny, almost unnoticeable blemishes).  i have the original SGS (t-mo vibrant) if that matters.

HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP, how do I group message on my S3? Please tell me it's possible, I know how to send but when they come in they all come separately, what's up with that?? Thanks.

Originally Posted by damian054

I had the first motorola droid when it initially came out. WORST phone I ever purchased! screen would wig out and not read my finger swipes. I think motorola should give up on phones..

I agree.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP, how do I group message on my S3? Please tell me it's possible, I know how to send but when they come in they all come separately, what's up with that?? Thanks.

Hasn't it always been like that? There's an app you can download to do group messaging I think.
But iirc it's always been like that, coming in separately. The iphone's group message is nice, only works with other iphones though

forget jellybean i just need ice cream sandwich on my rezound 
30t6p3b.gif

nexus-7-promo-550x268.png

nexus_q_banner_001-650x317.png

NEXUS Q
Nexus Q streams your favorite entertainment directly from the cloud to your living room. Just use the Google Play and YouTube apps on your Android phone or tablet to surf an ocean of music, TV, movies and music, and Nexus Q will play it all on the biggest speakers and screen in the house. There are no downloads, no syncing, no running out of space. Just the stuff you love -- at home and out loud.

**Will Edit with concreate information**

HSPA+ GNex is now $349 with Jelly Bean installed.

If that's not enough reason to buy the GNex, I don't know what is.

hmmm, soo far, JB doesn't seem much of an upgrade from ICS, you think companies just gonna skip ICS and upgrade there phone to JB instead?

GOOGLE NOW
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

SOmeone gave me a link to the SGS2 about how to put in that google font (forgot name). Can you please repost it? I simply wanted to change my font to something that works on all interfaces. However, i don't knwo if i wanna risk the rooting thing as I dont know much about it.

any help on that roboto font?

Back
Top Bottom