• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bought a GSM galaxy nexus off Craigslist earlier today for $250. A couple scratches on the back but the screen is flawless. This will hold me down until I find a one x for cheap
pimp.gif

I've been content with this ET4G since release date but looking at the last pic and others, i kinda want the nexus. more than two notification light colors would be nice

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I've been content with this ET4G since release date but looking at the last pic and others, i kinda want the nexus. more than two notification light colors would be nice

I want the GNex just only for customizing the screen buttons into PSX buttons 
laugh.gif
 but I'll pass though the white is secksy on that phone. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Just picked this up today Team Nexus
pimp.gif

now the One X can go back to ATT while i wait for the GSIII

e7gqav.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
(in a good way)
hnnnnnnnngggggggg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

man i cant wait til i get mines next month
frown.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]LG's 5-inch 1080p smartphone display goes far beyond Retina pixel density[/h1]
By Jeff Blagdon on May 27, 2012 11:52 pm 187Comments

lgdisplay1080ppanel_640_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Apparently not content with the 1024 x 768 resolution on its 5-inch Optimus Vu, LG is working on a 5-inch 1080p smartphone display for the second half of 2012. The 1920 x 1080 touchscreen offers a wonderfully excessive pixel density of 440 ppi, which is 72 percent more pixels per inch than the Optimus Vu, and a third more than the display on the iPhone 4S. Unlike the display on LG’s current 5-inch phone, the new screen will have the same 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio as the HDTV in your living room. The display technology is the same IPS-based LCD that LG has offered in recent devices like the Nitro HD and aforementioned Optimus Vu, but with the added benefit of many, many more pixels. If you're eager to get an early look at the display, you can catch it at SID 2012 Display Week in Boston starting June 4th.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

so i finally flashed a rom to my note i went with paranoid android hybrid rom instead of going pure cm9, its 0.1 but its so smooth damn its nice its not a tablet mode rom (they say tablet mode roms are bad for the phone) but hybrid mix between tablet phone, lets you change the dpi settings per app so you can have an app in mobile mode if you want or tablet...i know nexus users got it last month try it if you can...something like this with s-pen abilities would be perfect for the note!
Joe Billionaire. I want to try the Official Samsung leak for ICS...the latest one has the new S Pen apps on it and is supposedly very stable. I been out the game since Froyo. You think you can help me with the instructions to do it? Don't sweat it if you are too busy my dude.
this 1 seemed hard lol, but i found this on xda
im not sure what file he is talking about tho in this thread 

http://forum.xda-develope...hp?t=1664453&page=33
  1. All you need to do is make sure you have the Samsung Drivers installed (needed when in Download Mode).
  2. Download this .exe
  3. Unplug and power off your phone
  4. Power on while holding Volume Down + Power
  5. Power Up to confirm the warning (to go into download mode)
  6. Plug phone back in and wait for it to be seen (or the drivers to install if you have never done this before)
  7. Double Click on the .exe you downloaded from page 1
  8. Wait for it to see your phone (you will see a Com box turn Yellow)
  9. Click Start and wait.
I would suggest you let it boot once, and then reboot again before you start playing. 
smile.gif

[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by odog24

anyone got the kindle fire?

i had one for months since rd, installed cm9 and sold it for 175 and used it to buy it my note last month 
pros: its super easy and fun to flash roms

cons: as of last month ics roms still didnt play hd video or netflix

imo a good buy under 125

From the looks of it no, but how long could I expect the galaxy nexus to stay relevant? I plan to get it in the next few months (money holding me back). I ask because its been out for quite a while now.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by odog24

Bout to root my kindle fire hopefully it goes smooth

install twrp too ull be a rom flashing beast after that
laugh.gif
im on 6.31 and couldn't find a guide to help me install it 
tired.gif

ill try later tho. but overall after a day with it i dont really like it. its a little too hefty no volume buttons and its kinda slow will probably get rid of it and pick up a galaxy tab 2 7 incher in a couple days

any way to make the font fit in the space? its apex launcher i make it smaller but its almost the same might go back to the stock launcher, thats the paranoid android on the n7000 did a test after flash and pulled that

also when you go to your apps in the drawer anyway to remove the "downloaded" apps section rather just see my apps/widgets 

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

[h1][/h1]
[h1]LG's 5-inch 1080p smartphone display goes far beyond Retina pixel density[/h1]
By Jeff Blagdon on May 27, 2012 11:52 pm 187Comments

lgdisplay1080ppanel_640_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Apparently not content with the 1024 x 768 resolution on its 5-inch Optimus Vu, LG is working on a 5-inch 1080p smartphone display for the second half of 2012. The 1920 x 1080 touchscreen offers a wonderfully excessive pixel density of 440 ppi, which is 72 percent more pixels per inch than the Optimus Vu, and a third more than the display on the iPhone 4S. Unlike the display on LG’s current 5-inch phone, the new screen will have the same 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio as the HDTV in your living room. The display technology is the same IPS-based LCD that LG has offered in recent devices like the Nitro HD and aforementioned Optimus Vu, but with the added benefit of many, many more pixels. If you're eager to get an early look at the display, you can catch it at SID 2012 Display Week in Boston starting June 4th.

nerd.gif

Thinking bout updating my Galaxy Note to ICS ..but i'm scared it might mess it up 
embarassed.gif
, pro/con about rooting please ..also whenever AT&T releases the offical ICS, will i be able to still received it OTA? 

Originally Posted by AF1Nike

From the looks of it no, but how long could I expect the galaxy nexus to stay relevant? I plan to get it in the next few months (money holding me back). I ask because its been out for quite a while now.
Its still going to be active, especially when Jellybean drops since it will be one of the first devices to receive it.
Some people are still rocking the Nexus One to this day

screencast is a dope app, lets you record you screen kind of like fraps for pc, i uploaded a 20 sec vid to youtube the pay version is more time 

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Thanks, going to put AOKP on it and theme it up. Seems like there's a lot of Nexus users in here.
Getting my white GNex delivered today 
happy.gif

Nickle, which ROM combo are you rolling with? From what I can see, people are starting to sour on AOKP and are moving to Liquid.

Can anyone shed light on which franco kernel is the most stable please? r133 or r166?

Back
Top Bottom