• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a GS3 on T-Mobile now (Employee plan) and I just ordered my Note 2 today. I cant wait til it arrives next week.

I also got to see a LG Nexus today from a customer that came in with a developer unit. The build of the phone was really nice but I am scared to go back to a LG phone after the whole G2x fiasco.

Well looks like Verizon is taking preorders online now for the Note 2, says it'll ship by 11/27 which is still too long for me to wait.

SwiftKey vs. Swype continues...

Register here if you're interested in the beta.

I might check this out, but I'm really enjoying the Swype beta right now.

I was a long-time swype user until they destroyed it with one of the updates. went to swiftkey for a few months, and now i'm back and happy with the newest swype beta 1.3.

i've been talking about getting a swipe function with swiftkey for the longest time. now it's here :pimp:

Try WiFi Tether for Root Users if you are rooted. Worked on my HTC EVO 4G, and works on my Galaxy S3:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...S5nb29nbGVjb2RlLmFuZHJvaWQud2lmaS50ZXRoZXIiXQ..

Funny wifi tether works for the good phones but I tried it on a crappy Huwawei Acend 2 on cricket and cricket figured it out and blocked my ip. Would get Cricket homescreens on every webpage i'd go to, wound up just paying the 10 bucks for the time i needed it.

That phone was rooted fully too.
I'm not rooted. I can use PDA USB tether for my computer but I'm trying to get the net onmy ps3 too so wifi tether I need is there an easy way to root the sg2 with a Mac yet?

I have a GS3 on T-Mobile now (Employee plan) and I just ordered my Note 2 today. I cant wait til it arrives next week.
I also got to see a LG Nexus today from a customer that came in with a developer unit. The build of the phone was really nice but I am scared to go back to a LG phone after the whole G2x fiasco.
Can you describe the build quality and the materials it had?

although i complained about the spen quality i really want that damn note 2

hit up some guy on CL for a trade plus cash and he said my gnex is only worth a hunnid dollars :smh:

i guess i have to keep on waiting till something pops up

Verizon dropped the ball when it comes to the Note 2. It won't be released until November 29th.

I'll wait to December if that means removing that home button though

Verizon dropped the ball when it comes to the Note 2. It won't be released until November 29th.
I'll wait to December if that means removing that home button though
[COLOR=#red]
:lol: Wow, y'all are for real with this logo hate. I'd like to see one person that was seriously awaiting the Note 2 release not actually buy one because of a freaking small logo. Especially when an even BIGGER logo is more prominent on the back of the phone.

But let their be a Nexus logo on a new phone in the same spot and it would be praised on this board. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]
:lol: Wow, y'all are for real with this logo hate. I'd like to see one person that was seriously awaiting the Note 2 release not actually buy one because of a freaking small logo. Especially when an even BIGGER logo is more prominent on the back of the phone.
But let their be a Nexus logo on a new phone in the same spot and it would be praised on this board. [/COLOR]

Like I said, I'm still getting it. And I'm also getting the smart cover so I'll still be removing the back cover anyway.
If every other carrier had their branding on the button it wouldn't be as much of a problem. But the fact that Verizon is the only one that decided to do so and is the very last one to the party is annoying as hell.

Not gonna lie, I was switching carriers when it came to the Note 2 and was highly considering Verizon, but them blatantly splashing their logo on the home button was something to think about. It wasn't the biggest factor as I opted to choose another carrier, but it was a factor. It's akin to when you buy a new car and the dealer feels the need to put the dealership name on the back of your car. I hate that @#$&! Unnecessary and unwanted.

Did anyone receive an update from T-Mobile recently?

I got an OTA last night and got gassed thinking it was Jellybean. :lol:

I'm just curious as to what the update did.

-Drew

Did anyone receive an update from T-Mobile recently?

I got an OTA last night and got gassed thinking it was Jellybean. :lol:

I'm just curious as to what the update did.

-Drew

damn you guys till aint on jelly bean :smh:

lol

I'll just patiently wait for the DNA next month, 5" screen is as large as I will go. Period. I've talked to a few Verizon dealers and none of them have heard of it yet. The note 2 is a beast but that joint is TOO big. Almost comical if you're not 6'7".

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the first batch glitches that will probably be on the devices. I heard the first batch of thunderbolts were malfunctioning like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom