• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nexus 6 is good so far. I am not having the shakes from no iMessage (yet)

Camera isn't that great but it is at least good.

There are a lot of things I like about the phone overall though.

Last edited:
Looks like the G4 will actually be dropping sooner rather than later. 
May 31 is the end of the promotion (read about it here), not the shipping date of G4. Reservations are being accepted now and Korean customers will be able to pick up their G4s on April 29," LG confirmed to us. The device is set to be unveiled on April 28 at two parallel events in London and New York.
Early May for the US then?

I'm no messing with the G4 .. G2 was great to only loose faith with the G3. I'm leaning to the S6 or S6E ... I like those ...

I'm no messing with the G4 .. G2 was great to only loose faith with the G3. I'm leaning to the S6 or S6E ... I like those ...
If 4 hours screen on time and terrible choice in button mapping are your thing, then yeah the S6 is great. 

^^° wait I spoke to soon . lol

If that's the case, fuc that. I like them because they feel good on my hands but I'm not willing to sacrifice battery life more than I did from G2 to G3.

so im trying out textra since my M9 came in today. I love it including the quick reply from the notification bar, but I noticed if i turn off floating notifications the text notifications wont show up in the notification bar. like i want it to be like the regular text notification or hangouts where itll read the message preview with the textra icon in the notification bar, not have it cover the entire top space for a minimum of 5 seconds. hope that makes sense and someone can help me haha

Tempered glass necessary for the S6?
I mean a tempered glass protector isn't really necessary for any phone, considering they all use the same Gorilla glass. If you don't trust it to remain scratch-free then yeah. 

so im trying out textra since my M9 came in today. I love it including the quick reply from the notification bar, but I noticed if i turn off floating notifications the text notifications wont show up in the notification bar. like i want it to be like the regular text notification or hangouts where itll read the message preview with the textra icon in the notification bar, not have it cover the entire top space for a minimum of 5 seconds. hope that makes sense and someone can help me haha
Turn off Floating Notifications, then at the bottom under Notification Privacy, make sure "Show Contact" and "Show Message Text" are checked.

Turn off Floating Notifications, then at the bottom under Notification Privacy, make sure "Show Contact" and "Show Message Text" are checked.

just tried it. i had both things checked before already but lets see if it works. thanks man

edit: so it gives me the notification icon in the bar but no message preview. guess i gotta leave the floating on for 5 seconds

Last edited:
I'm having trouble choosing between the m9 and the s6, anyone know which is a better device for the long run (2 years) when it comes to battery life, speed, camera, and dev support for roms? I'm coming from an iphone 5 btw.

I'm having trouble choosing between the m9 and the s6, anyone know which is a better device for the long run (2 years) when it comes to battery life, speed, camera, and dev support for roms? I'm coming from an iphone 5 btw.
Battery - toss-up

Speed - M9

Camera - S6

Dev support - M9

Best bet is to go in stores and play with them yourself..you'll get a good idea on speed and camera.

Dev support is probably with the snapdragon phones.

First impression(before the review) on the Alcatel Idol 3:

Found this too for the Zenphone 2:

Last edited:
Since I stop coming here I have been happier with my phone. Although the battery is disappointing and I was let down going from G2 to G3.

Anyways my point is that I'm content with staying although I like the S6 feeling. I just have to stay away from here and I be cool till like the G5 or something.

another textra question (sorry), for contact icons how do i get the pictures i have linked to everyones contact (the facebook pics) to show up in textra. on hangouts it automatically used the facebook display pic of each person. on textra it shows me the peoples pics of their google+ profile only if they have em otherwise a majority of peoples are their first and last initial. I have the facebook profiles linked to everyone in my contacts already and their pics show up in the people app.

Back
Top Bottom