• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the S8+ and the fingerprint scanner location is not as bad as the reviews say. I have medium sized hands and the length to reach up isn't the issue for me. Since I hold the phone with my left, it's harder to get to. If you hold the phone with your right hand, it's much easier. 

I've been using the iris scanner a lot more than the fingerprint. I'm really impressed with how fast it is. It feels natural looking at the phone to unlock it. I don't have to remove my glasses (as long as there is no glare on the lens, it will read right away) or position the phone awkwardly straight in front of my face for it to read. 

I have yet to try the face unlock feature. 

Seeing these reviewers absolutely REACH for negatives :rofl:

"Fingerprint scanner too high"

"Face unlock can be used with picture"

"TouchWiz is great but not stock Android"

"Google assistant is better than Bixby (still can exclusively use google assistant)"

Seeing these reviewers absolutely REACH for negatives
roll.gif

"Google assistant is better than Bixby (still can exclusively use google assistant)"
They not even trying anymore man. To an extent I understand it cause you "gotta" have some kind of negative but I'm sure there are other negatives they can find

Seeing these reviewers absolutely REACH for negatives :rofl:

i think these are valid complaints.

But those really sound like legit gripes [emoji]128533[/emoji].

Y'all sounding like dem apple fanboys righ naah.

There's no such thing as the perfect phone, and though the S8 is what's hot in the streets, it's not it either.

what I'm saying.

Last edited:
I don't agree. Google assistant can be used exclusively (choices), Touchwiz is great but it isn't stock ? How can you say something is great but criticize it because it's not Googles OS when it's not a Google phone :lol: face unlock can be used with a picture, so ? How many other phones even offer that feature. That doesn't work for you cool use the iris or the scanner on the back. My whole point is that they don't dig for negatives like that on iPhone

Personally never been a fan of TouchWiz don't care either way, but bixby is an Samsung exclusive so it definitely should be reviewed. Also the face lock thing is a security feature so if there's loopholes with it, it should definitely be mentioned. I would be skeptical if they just said everything was great and awesome. Doesn't take away from the phone to say it has some flaws. No such thing as a perfect phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the reviews on a few pages back, all they continued harking on was the placement of the fingerprint scanner. I couldn't disagree more. I have normal sized hands and I have no issue reaching the scanner and a bit past it with one hand. I'm barely gonna use it anyway so it wouldn't have been an issue or dealbreaker either way.. Had to go all the way to the fedex location to scoop because I missed the intial delivery. Gorgeous out the box and actually feels smaller than the note 4 that I've been using for the longest.. Gonna wat till Saturday to start using it when my case comes in.

But those really sound like legit gripes [emoji]128533[/emoji].

Y'all sounding like dem apple fanboys righ naah.

There's no such thing as the perfect phone, and though the S8 is what's hot in the streets, it's not it either.
what I'm saying.
Last 3 definitely sound legit to me.
Eh, face unlock issue is most legit but one your not likely gonna run into since most people will use the fingerprint sensor or a pin/pattern

TouchWiz v Stock comes off as minor issue

And, to my understanding Bixby isn't really meant to be a Google Assistant challenger and to compare the two is like comparing Apple iPad Pro to a Surface 4

I used the Iris scanner for the first day, then yesterday I went back to no security at all like i've been doing for 8 years.

If I lose my phone whoever took it/find it deserves to have my info.

When I had the Note 7 I stopped using the iris scanner cause I didn't like having to look at my phone to unlock it.

And as far as the fingerprint sensor is concerned I was used to the home button sensor so moving to the Pixel XL took a bit getting used to but I don't mind it at all now

We can agree to disagree, but bixby is absolutely Samsung's answer to Google's assistant. It's​ in its infant stage of course.

I had gotten the impression from reviews that the fingerprint scanner placement might've been something they felt compelled to linger on just out of a lack of much else to criticize.

I don't see the rest as being reaches though, even if I personally don't mind some of them. Ignoring Bixby would be just fine if they didn't dedicate a whole button to that ****/at least tucked an option away in the settings to use the button for whatever you want.

Waiting on the prices of used s7 edge to drop $30.

What are you looking for, around $350? If so, same here (although I'll bite at the current prices if it doesn't drop before I clear up some expenses.) I just want something proper to hold me over until I feel like upgrading to the next Note/buy the next Pixel.

I love the s8 so far. The fingerprint reader is not bad but then again I have a case. So I know where to press. And the iris scanner is really quick I might just use that. My only gripe is I can't find the Google voice search shortcut anywhere. I use that thing for getting directions and calling places smh

how much are you seeing them at now?

What are you looking for, around $350? If so, same here (although I'll bite at the current prices if it doesn't drop before I clear up some expenses.) I just want something proper to hold me over until I feel like upgrading to the next Note/buy the next Pixel.

They're going for around $380-390 in the condition I want. Waiting for them to hit $350.

What a ******* day. Went to best buy, they said my order wasnt ready and probably will be ready tomorrow or sunday. Then they said it got cancelled. I just got fed up and went to an att store across the street and copped. Sucks that i missed out on the BB price and the free vr. I got the s3 gear frontier for 50 bucks with an att promo tho. Im exhausted now lol.

if yall wanna make your S8 real fast, then:
First you need to enable developer options. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information  and tap on Build number  seven times. Back up to the main Settings menu and you’ll see Developer options  at the bottom.

Scroll down until you see the options called Window animation scale  and Transition animation scale. Turn both of these options off to get a snappier feeling phone (if you want to see what they do, put them at 10x and navigate around a little).

What a ******* day. Went to best buy, they said my order wasnt ready and probably will be ready tomorrow or sunday. Then they said it got cancelled. I just got fed up and went to an att store across the street and copped. Sucks that i missed out on the BB price and the free vr. I got the s3 gear frontier for 50 bucks with an att promo tho. Im exhausted now lol.
What's that, you want to sell that frontier for a few extra bucks?

Back
Top Bottom