WALE BACK TO THE FEATURE

The joint is good look ... and I have to say "Cyphr" is some good ole feature filled hip hop! Beans is even doing his thing again!

But has anyone figured out how to open the joker in iTunes?

EDIT ...

I just had to select "open with iTunes"

wink.gif

In the words of our great "Rockdeep," you let your ________ (insert whatever here) speak for you, you don't speak for it.

Very good listen, but again, dude takes away from his own credibility/greatness/mixtape with the Drake line IMO.

Just enough to point the finger (dis), just safe enough to deny you pointing the finger (excuse). Same with the foam cup smach in "artisticintegrity" video. HE does these things to make it "outside" of his music. WE don't. Everything is a "method to the madness", but I am a "hater" for commenting on his actions...
laugh.gif

I just don't like the Drake line, because it wouldn't be an issue/mentioned if everyone was "WALE!" crazy right now. You know, hedoes have a pop record/video out too. We WAS on Carson Daily in front of a huge audience. He says something like that about Drake (or whoever would behot right now "overshadowing" him), and it takes me back to thinking he doesn't believe in himself sometimes... or STILL hasn't developedsecurity within himself as an emcee.

Learn to just fake it Cuz. Like really. Concert pointing out, half way "threat" to dude at Complex for Coat Factory joint, Drake line, twits 3sec. after someone has an opinion about your music (check Kenny Burns today).

You want to atleast appear better than that, because you better then that. At least your music is, so stop taking away from it.

If you don't believe it, at least be WWE and fool everyone else like every other rapper.

Besides that...

Curtains...
pimp.gif

*gets Cheese Popcorn* That other stuff gets stale easy...

And so starts the

*aww come on man.. ease up* comments

I say this:

Its like Someone in the DMV Forum calling me a Porch Monkey... Im cool with that.. Why? Cause most of ya'll I know OR e-know.. So its just like Fam inhere.. We jone, we spat.. we get over it.

Someone in the Northwest call me a Porch Monkey its going to be ON... Im callin racism... most likely prolly cause its mostly whites who dont know Porch Monkeyis a joke..and Im sure they wouldn't say it joking.

Same With Wale..

IF someone in the Forum says something.. I would take it as Love from the People.. OF the People.. cause he says he is OF the people. Some may hate but mostare prolly tryin to give it to you like others wont.

Let a dude from XXL, Source.. or whatever the Happening MAgs are say something bad about your music.. you dont get as salty....

Shoot.. I would... cause thats being seen by the masses... But I dont know enough about Wale other than what I see you all type here... which for the most partis pure comedy.

Do a Google Search on WALE and Niketalk should come up 90% of the time.. so maybe thats good or bad...

If my wifey said something about me I didn't like.. most times shes just being mean to get at me.
If my kids said it there might be more truth to it, cause young kids for the most part say whats on their mind.

Take it to heart...I would... But I do like the CD for the most part as stated....I hope dude keeps churning and stay true to himself above all.

D@m good mixtape...still aint toppin the mixtape about nothing though...wale should have made that joint his debut album IMO

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Being That I was with someone that was an Wale fan....

I did listen to some tracks from the new mixtape....

The few joints I did listen to was cool...

He still a B.A.N. tho....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah he said in the Music forum he wasn't talking about Drake with ill intent but it just SOUNDS like he is. He's made several references to Drake nowthat could easily be misconstrued as jealously. The video w/ Joe Budden...comments on this board...and the tape. I'm not saying I believe he is jealous...Ijust don't see the point of keep mentioning his name in that manner.

It's like what me and Rocky talked about yesterday...

(Extreme example, but valid point):

Jay-Z makes a classic mixtape from 95...We put it back in yesterday, 14 years later... And Jay-Z disin' MC Brains?

Why the hell would Jay-Z even mention MC Brains?

laugh.gif

Get it?

Got it.

B.A.N. from forum now... Gone to study...

[B.I.G.] "Real n' respect it... ["Story To Tell"]

I'm just wondering why he keeps giving his music away for free?

There are people that are just getting deals, and already dropping.

I can understand you want to put together a good piece of work, but why not get paid at the same time.

I'm sure he is getting show money, but not $50.000 a show money. (Jeezy)

He stays on this path, he will be like everyone on that XXL cover, outside of Asher Roth.....

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ Because he's not dumb. Nobody's going to go out and buy a Wale mixtape.

You missed the whole point.

For all the music he has put out, he could have atleast one complete album.

I never have known anyone to make any REAL money off of mixtapes.

As big as his buzz has been as of late, you would think he would have an album by now.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ Because he's not dumb. Nobody's going to go out and buy a Wale mixtape.

You missed the whole point.

For all the music he has put out, he could have atleast one complete album.

I never have known anyone to make any REAL money off of mixtapes.

As big as his buzz has been as of late, you would think he would have an album by now.
First off tape is
smokin.gif

He doesn't have the national buzz yet to drop a album in my opinion. Roth dropped for reason I won't state.
tired.gif

I got the line on the tape about Drake, but can someone post up the other comments he's made in reference to dude. On the board etc. I took it when i heardit as he was hating on Drizzy.

Well.. I dont think many people here have bought REAL mixtapes from NYC before..

If you have.. you would know some of them are straight raw and not fully produced. Some are straight free style joints which happened to have dudes in Onestudio building on a break from workin on their own projects and doin a free style joint OR they gave themselves 20 minutes to come up with something aproducer came prepared with a beat in case some stuff popped off.

THIS JOINT..

This joint heun? Was a well produced Album worthy mixtape that yes.. I would say is worthy of a purchase.. and I'd have to say.. yeah.. some of those wouldor should have been saved not to say they can't be used on a future album like other mixtapes you hear...

But...I would say.. if I were a real Wale fan.. I'd buy that joint..

What needs to happen is Wale having more National Exposure so he can drop something as tight as that Mixtape but he also needs to realize those names dont needto over power his content on the actual songs he puts out.

Nothing worse than it being your song and not having the tightest lyrics and content.....

Food for thought..

You have to be a strong individual to be from DC ... and you also have to believe in yourself ...

I'm proud of dude for reppin' DC and for doing a lot more them most of us have done for DC/Hip-Hop ...

His way may not make us all happy ... but I'm proud for him and happy to see a young brother succeed ...

We started 2620 and moved it to LA so we could flourish ... DC would have held us back ... no disrespect no offense ...

But for my old heads ... think about the way we didn't like a Go-Go song after it got radio play (i mean after it played on any other station other thenWOL!)

SSDD ...

a lot of these 9th wonder beats are years old, the production besides 9th was straight for the most part....Wale raps well, most of the features do as well.

the mixtape just seemed rushed since there were like 2 new 9th beats for the mixtape to be marketed as Wale/9th Wonder...how many beats did 9th REALLY makejust for that project? come on...

Mixtape About Nothing > but this isn't a bad release at all. just a step down from MAN

Originally Posted by EgAmIrroR

a lot of these 9th wonder beats are years old, the production besides 9th was straight for the most part....Wale raps well, most of the features do as well.
^^^^

i noticed this also but i'm still impressed...

i try not to voice my opinion on whatever he does because i rhyme and it's automatically looked at as hate if i dont feel his records

i always felt like he was forcing his punches and trying too hard to be witty...just TOO EXTRA

BUT with this release it sounds like he's relaxed and really just letting loose

love what i hear

good sh*t fam

pimp.gif

why do people keep asking why he didnt do the tape by himself and why all the features...Its because the tape is called back to the FEATURE! He obviously madea tape like this on purpose.

anyway, once again, tape is dope, and can't wait for album

I just reallized it was called back to the Feature.. lol

Good stuff.. It all makes sense now.

Again.. Good product and I wouldn't know if 9th Wonders beats were old or new.. them joints obviously stood the test.. as I liked the beats.

Back
Top Bottom