wale on tour with jay z :: album 11/10 release

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Got there the second N.E.R.D ended so I can't speak on any of the opening acts. But Jay killed it! I was a little bit dissapointed he didn't do any of his earliest stuff like Dead Presidents, Politics as Usual, Feelin' It, etc. I'm trying to think of what the illest song he performed and I'm thinking it was when he brought out Pharell for So Ambitious.
@ the bold part, I'm going to have to say "You don't know"... I felt the crowd went nutsor maybe I'm being biased because it's one of my favorites... "1 million, 2 million, 3 million, 4..."
pimp.gif

Other quick highlights/review that come to mind (my bad if it's a bit long):

-J. Cole, on before 8, crowd was trying to settle in (and late), so he did the best he could do with the crowdavailable... I thought it was good.

-Wale, Wow! I've seen him numerous times at this point but this was "special", when you stop to think,he is opening up for a living a legend! This dude said the city I live in, on a hip-hop song
pimp.gif
... tight. The live music though, just takes it to another level, Go-Go...crazy... to top it off his interaction with the crowd and going into the floor section and 200s...
pimp.gif
Good stuff.

-NERD, I'm a NERD fan... I thought it was hot but at this point I've seen them so many times, its the sameshow... the new stuff I couldn't get into, not because it wasn't good, just don't know the music. The crowd was def. not a NERD crowd or just"too cool" to wild out and have fun... so it was kind of dead until, Pharrell "cheated" and began doing some of his hip-hop tracks, thenthey went nuts. Looking forward to the addition to the group, think she will bring a good element to the group.

-Jay, no point going into too much details... dude is what it is... living legend. However, I will say, if you seenhim before, you didn't miss much or even if you seen his concert on DVD or TV (most recent NY show), pretty much the same thing, he don't switch it upmuch. For me, it's one of those things I go to, just to say I was there. The stage set-up and backdrop was iLL though... on another note, son is old forreal though and it's showing... he got energy but not like say, Ye'. He was losing his voice, forgetting his rhyme (on Star is Born)
laugh.gif
... with that said, still my favorite rapper and put on a great show worthy ofthe money, like 1.5hr plus, no one even ask for "more" at the end because... he just perform so much. I also wish he would have done some olderjoints, specifically "Can I Live". LOL @ him thinking UMD was in the house and having the crowd pick sides, to yell for DC or Bmore, eph around andstart something.

-Crowd, awwwww Jay brings them out... the chicks awwww the chicks lol, oh, the bammas, the "thugs", the "hustlers", the"fronters", lol, etc, don't know where I fit in
roll.gif
oh andbammas was lighting up something in the air (crap gave me a headache)... awww but the chicks. lol

The HIGHLIGHT of the night, my mans "Eric"! For those that didn't go... Jay, towards the end stops toshow appreciation to the fans, randomly selecting folks from the crowd... eye's a fan, hummm... no more then 4yrd old, says to him, "This ya firstshow... come on stage"... little boy comes on with the fresh Lo Lo and a bop to him already like he was ready to perform, then throws up the ROC...
pimp.gif

I was a little bit dissapointed he didn't do any of his earliest stuff like Dead Presidents, Politics as Usual, Feelin' It, etc.

Me as well, but I knew from the earlier reviews that it would be a Blueprint 3 concert so that was to be expected. I'm sure Jay will be back sometime soonso hopefully but then he will perform some of his older songs.

@ the bold part, I'm going to have to say "You don't know"... I felt the crowd went nuts or maybe I'm being biased because it's one of my favorites.

Totally forgot about that. I'm actually gonna agree with you. I refuse to believe there's ever been a harder beat made than "U Don'tKnow".

There was definitely some weed in the building. Shouts to the 50 year old woman and her daughter in front of me getting blazed. Oh and shouts to the securityguard who confiscated ours when he caught my boy trying to be cool and blow O's lol.

Yeah when he brought that little kid on stage... That's something legendary right there. You know you're powerful when you can have a 4 year old comeon stage with you from the crowd and without being asked he just knows to throw the ROC up. (where's CharmCity at? lol)

that was a member of ucbs son....

that was epic.

show was awesome. wale overstepped the critics easily with his performance and energy. raheem was the SAME WAY when he was getting out. INTERACT WITH THECROWD. LET THEM FEEL YOU......

at first I thought he was looking for harmcity lol

Jay is Jay...Ambitious had me hype. Forever Young had me hype. PSA had me hype...its Jay man...

*throws up roc sign*

Yeah, J Paycheck, Lil' man happened to be the UCB Drummer's Son. Lil' Eezzy.

And when he threw up the ROC sign, the crowd went bananas. Even Jay was stunned.

FOR THOSE THAT DID NOT KNOW.

J. Cole was wearing EVeryday Pple.

He reps.

Every time we rap, and I mention some new shirts, he says "Man, I'll take whatever, and rock that sh__, all them sh__s is fire!"

I missed part of Wale's set. I'm so pissed.

My credentials were only for Wale. Pics coming soon.

Deuce King. I need to shoot for your pple.

man i definitely wanted hear some of Jay's earlier catalog, but I wasn't even dissapointed.....talk about getting the crowd nutso though, Can I get a?On to the next one? The Big Pimpin spot? crazy.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thoroughly enjoyed this concert from beginning to end with the opening acts..also it was my girls bday and she definitely had the most unbelievable time.

I saw the show in Seattle ... Shout out to Wale for the great floor seats! I'm happy to hear the show went well in DC! UCB do ya thing!!!! Shout to mycousin Dax , Erik, Tre & the rest of the UCB family!

DC REPRESENT!!!!

Can't wait for the pics!

I was in 315...

I was heated J.Cole only got 3 songs... especially since they turned up the house lights & we all jus sittin there for like 30 minutes
laugh.gif

Best part of the night was the crazy line outside in the rain when all you had to do was walk in the mf'er
laugh.gif

The show was good.... I think Jay has something against doing songs from reasonable doubt because i've seen him live like 5 times and he just doesn'tdo them.... I wish i could of gone to the show in NY when he did the reasonable doubt anniversary show..

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

He reps.

Every time we rap, and I mention some new shirts, he says "Man, I'll take whatever, and rock that sh__, all them sh__s is fire!"
That's a real "souf" dude...
pimp.gif

Bun the same way, matta fact, every rapper I've met from Carolina down is like that...

Lavan, i cant wait for the pics..

Sadly i missed out this concert and i was pissed as helll...

-Crowd, awwwww Jay brings them out... the chicks awwww the chicks lol, oh, the bammas, the "thugs", the "hustlers", the "fronters", lol, etc, don't know where I fit in
roll.gif
oh and bammas was lighting up something in the air (crap gave me a headache)... awww but the chicks. lol
QFT.
laugh.gif

BTW, floor level seats are not a good look from all the way in the back, but they were free
ohwell.gif

Great Concert
pimp.gif

Agghhhh didn't want to create a new thread but Jay continue to tour the country early next year...

[table][tr][td]Jay-Z: The BP3 Tour Dates[/td] [/tr][tr][td]February 22[/td] [td]Houston, TX[/td] [td]Toyota Center[/td] [/tr][tr][td]February 23[/td] [td]Dallas, TX[/td] [td]American Airlines Center[/td] [/tr][tr][td]February 25[/td] [td]New Orleans, LA[/td] [td]New Orleans Arena[/td] [/tr][tr][td]February 27[/td] [td]Atlanta, GA[/td] [td]Philips Arena[/td] [/tr][tr][td]February 28[/td] [td]Greensboro, NC[/td] [td]Greensboro Coliseum Complex[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 03[/td] [td]Washington, DC[/td] [td]Verizon Center[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 07[/td] [td]Norfolk, VA[/td] [td]Scope Arena[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 11[/td] [td]Boston, MA[/td] [td]TD Banknorth Garden[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 16[/td] [td]Pittsburgh, PA[/td] [td]Mellon Arena[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 19[/td] [td]St. Louis, MO[/td] [td]Scottrade Center[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 20[/td] [td]Indianapolis, IN[/td] [td]Conseco Fieldhouse[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 22[/td] [td]Denver, CO[/td] [td]Pepsi Center[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 24[/td] [td]San Jose, CA[/td] [td]HP Pavilion[/td] [/tr][tr][td]March 26[/td] [td]Los Angeles, CA[/td] [td]Staples Center[/td] [/tr][/table]

Jeezy opening up.

^my girl told me this morning and wants to go again so it looks like I will be in the house at Verizon Center
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom