Walgreens & Their Theft Policy... What's up w/ it?

Witnessed a theft in my local Walgreens before. After the shoplifter exited the store, the alarms went off just before the exit. At the moment the cashier was ringing up my items. Cashier was completely unaffected, and didn’t even bother to look up. It was also as if he didn’t even hear the alarm. Very weird.

Cashier was completely unaffected, and didn’t even bother to look up. It was also as if he didn’t even hear the alarm. Very weird.
When I was 15 I shoplifted a $100 pair of Wolverines (steel toe work boot) that had an dye pack attached at the top of the tongue, if you try to detach it without the proper tool it would explode all over u. I was googling for days trying to find a method to remove it, and I finally got the bright idea to disguise it with a patch. I found a brown color sock slid it over the tongue with a pony tail hair band to secure it. I walked around like that for a month straight, hundreds of stores UNTIL I stepped in a CVS of all stores and the alarm went off AND the dye pack exploded all over my leg.

Pretty embarrassing, but they don't sell boots at CVS plus I was entering the store not exiting it so what could they do to stop me? At the end of the day, a dude that's only making $11/per hour ain't gonna bother spraining his ankle or catching a black eye. Remember criminals are more rugged and masculine your average joe. Plus they got adrenaline rush from the meth. 9-5 dude might take Adderall but that's only like 10% of the potency of the crystal you buy off the street.

stores like apple store, saks, neiman, etc get stolen on by groups on the regular. think they hit up one of the malls for over 100k worth of items last week. a group goes in and clears the shelves in less than five minutes
Seen this at an apple store twice before. First time they grabbed all the beats. Next time was all the watches on display.

Won’t name the clothing retail outlet, but around here, they are getting got by walkouts or straight up armed robbery and corporate policy says they can’t do anything . They refuse to go cashless, hire a Cop on OT, or change their policy on holding these folks back in any form. Big box retail is about to close up shop. They actually got rid of their lose prevention person to save money lol. I may have mentioned this. They decided to close up an hour earlier before it turns too dark. But what happens in the winter time?
They’d rather close losing $3,000/night on sales then changing policy or hire a cop. Maybe insurance covers these bigger outlets?
You basically have cashiers and workers helping them load up their cars with walkout merchandise.

I think we saw this with the looting last year. Can a land owner or business owner protect their goods with an armed weapon, up to shooting folks? It makes you wonder when that tipping point comes. Maybe these smaller outlets with nothing to lose? Right now, they’re out against the fortune 500s.

Won’t name the clothing retail outlet, but around here, they are getting got by walkouts or straight up armed robbery and corporate policy says they can’t do anything . They refuse to go cashless, hire a Cop on OT, or change their policy on holding these folks back in any form. Big box retail is about to close up shop. They actually got rid of their lose prevention person to save money lol. I may have mentioned this. They decided to close up an hour earlier before it turns too dark. But what happens in the winter time?
They’d rather close losing $3,000/night on sales then changing policy or hire a cop. Maybe insurance covers these bigger outlets?
You basically have cashiers and workers helping them load up their cars with walkout merchandise.

I think we saw this with the looting last year. Can a land owner or business owner protect their goods with an armed weapon, up to shooting folks? It makes you wonder when that tipping point comes. Maybe these smaller outlets with nothing to lose? Right now, they’re out against the fortune 500s.

In Cali, every type of shop is getting got lol

I should add. Is being armed
In Cali, every type of shop is getting got lol
True. so what’s why I wonder if a shop owner can protect their place of business with a deadly weapon in CA? Sounds like the liberal states are getting got, despite higher crime, than the places who allow one to protect it all. But maybe that’s a generalization.

I should add. Is being armed

True. so what’s why I wonder if a shop owner can protect their place of business with a deadly weapon in CA? Sounds like the liberal states are getting got, despite higher crime, than the places who allow one to protect it all. But maybe that’s a generalization.
Get ready to deal with lawsuits.

Many people will say yea he stole a t-shirt, he didn’t deserve to be killed over it. AOC saying people do it because they’re hungry and need to feed their kids.

But eventually, these insurance premiums are going to be the breaking point for some companies to be forced to close. Insurance companies aren’t gonna keep taking the L without raising rates

When I was 15 I shoplifted a $100 pair of Wolverines (steel toe work boot) that had an dye pack attached at the top of the tongue, if you try to detach it without the proper tool it would explode all over u. I was googling for days trying to find a method to remove it, and I finally got the bright idea to disguise it with a patch. I found a brown color sock slid it over the tongue with a pony tail hair band to secure it. I walked around like that for a month straight, hundreds of stores UNTIL I stepped in a CVS of all stores and the alarm went off AND the dye pack exploded all over my leg.

Pretty embarrassing, but they don't sell boots at CVS plus I was entering the store not exiting it so what could they do to stop me? At the end of the day, a dude that's only making $11/per hour ain't gonna bother spraining his ankle or catching a black eye. Remember criminals are more rugged and masculine your average joe. Plus they got adrenaline rush from the meth. 9-5 dude might take Adderall but that's only like 10% of the potency of the crystal you buy off the street.

dye packs freeze, cousin.

these ladies would've probably got a slap on the wrist if they didn't cough at the clerk
i remember in other similar situations the culprits got a few months in jail and probation

that amazon gadget to bust out windows tho

Are only black people doing this? Because that's what this 13 minute and 22 second video just told me.

You bump my thread 3 months later to post some racist *** video of a white man narrating 13+ mins of footage worth of black people committing crimes and depicting them as the reasons for the crimes of San Francisco?

Eracism deez nutz.
rih rih blows kiss.gif

Are only black people doing this? Because that's what this 13 minute and 22 second video just told me.

You bump my thread 3 months later to post some racist *** video of a white man narrating 13+ mins of footage worth of black people committing crimes and depicting them as the reasons for the crimes of San Francisco?

Eracism deez nutz.
rih rih blows kiss.gif
Committing crimes? I see people who are trying to survive in a society that rigged the game and disenfranchised the Black community. Don't cast such a negative light on the revolution, papi. If you want to talk about "committing crimes" you need only look up at the big skyscrapers in that city. SF is literally that party 2pac was talking about with the salami and roast beef flying around.

Speaking of salami and roast beef...2Pac would absolutely approve spitting in a cops sandwich :pimp:
1633588264943.gif

“Here ya’ go fellas. Enjoy, have a good time”
B79DF46C-9B97-4CC7-AEFE-EAE0280956D7.png

“Choke on it you ***********”
BA684311-CBAC-4265-8287-229A3F8A199D.png

"What I want people who commit these crimes to understand: your mother, your grandmother, your relatives, they depend on places like Walgreens and CVS and Targets where they have pharmacies to get their medications," San Francisco Mayor London Breed said. "So, when these locations close in a community, then the entire community loses."

:frown:

"What I want people who commit these crimes to understand: your mother, your grandmother, your relatives, they depend on places like Walgreens and CVS and Targets where they have pharmacies to get their medications," San Francisco Mayor London Breed said. "So, when these locations close in a community, then the entire community loses."

:frown:

Very true. Not only that but this discourages other business from wanting to come to these locations in the future. Which means lost job opportunities and local residents having to travel further and further just to get supplies.

That’s why it’s very interesting to see individual in here try to excuse stealing of any kind and thieves by talking about “surviving in society”. That’s the kind of foolishness that leads to situations like this that truly cause the disenfranchisement of the black community…..lacking resources.

Back
Top Bottom