Want to Save gas niketalk vol.Cruise control FTW !

Guys, before we compare MPG's, we need to use the method outlined above.

I tried the CC thing on the highway today and it's too annoying. Miami traffic is a little crazy to have a constant speed. I just like too watch myRPM's which I think are the true indicator of gas usage. The more RPMs your car is using, the more gas is going to the engine. I never go past 3,000 and Ialways drive slow like the article mentioned.

i actually been doing that for a while now i almost always try predicting when the light will turn so im not flooring it for no reason also as soon as i seeyellow i slow down. not sure how much it helps though

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

i noe cc is good and all but ur cr-v getting 35 mpg? i highly doubt that. drive till almost empty, fill up tank full and set the trip meter to 0, wait till u use up the gas fill up again and divide the # of miles on trip by the gal u just put in to determine the mpg. even tho honda gets good mpg i dont think u can get that high on a crv when ppl claim to get like 15 city and 20 something hwy (for awd at least)

My CR-V shifts into AWD ONLY when there is snow on the ground. So as of now its FWD thats why with CC im getting Civicmileage, and also mines is a 4cylinder 140 horse power i have a weak engine

frown.gif
not sure my 98 S10 has cruise control

Originally Posted by fittednfresh

I been known this. That's why right when I get on the parkway it's set to 75 cruising speed.

?

good tips from that article. ill try the gradual start/stop tomorrow on the 5 min drive to work. that helps with gas morethan anything

i Was driving my big dumb explorer the other day and i put cruise onand im like wait would this save me gas.. guess it does im cruise controlling now

Cruise control is nice when I'm on a stretch up north to like Chico or something, but no way I could do it on the way to Tahoe on a Friday.

Without CC I got 28 mpg, which is pretty good considering in city I'm about 21-22 and this was a mountain.

I would use my cruise control, but on my way to work im only on the highway for less than 5-7 minutes.
Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

shifting to neutral when going down a hill and coasting for a few miles FTW
pimp.gif
I've heard that this isn't always a good idea, depending on the car because it wears your brakes out quicker. not sure how true it is, butsounds somewhat logical.

Back
Top Bottom