Was Kenny Anderson The Best PG To Ever Come Out Of NYC?

I remember Kemba getting buzz on a national level when he was in high school, and seeing him in the All-American Game on TV.  But if he was backing dudes up, that certainly has to affect his legacy in one way or another...

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I'm biased but no one is touching Starbury. We already forgot about Skip?

Come at me bro
Skip's fame came from being Skip, an And1 player playing for oohs and aahhs. Despite how good he actually was in the NBA dude seemed to be an instant journeyman.

Starbury was great but was a career underachiever. Never had the right coach at the right time or in the right duo with a team.

Kemba can't really be in the running unless he has an amazing NBA career.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I'm biased but no one is touching Starbury. We already forgot about Skip?

Come at me bro
Skip's fame came from being Skip, an And1 player playing for oohs and aahhs. Despite how good he actually was in the NBA dude seemed to be an instant journeyman.

Starbury was great but was a career underachiever. Never had the right coach at the right time or in the right duo with a team.

Kemba can't really be in the running unless he has an amazing NBA career.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I always hear people mention Telfair as the greatest to ever come out of NYC, but it's hard for me to accept. I know what he accomplished and the hype that surrounded him and I respect that, but like... I was there. I watched him play and we PLAYED him. I never felt like he was on another planet talent or performance wise (I'd also seen him outplayed.)

Don't get me wrong, there was no question that he was really really good (great, even.) At that point I was convinced you could put him on any basketball court in the world and he'd get 10 assists. I've just never been sold on him being the GREATEST. I struggle to even accept top 5.

Not trying to derail the thread but I know where you're getting at. That's how I always felt about Dan Gibson in Houston.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I always hear people mention Telfair as the greatest to ever come out of NYC, but it's hard for me to accept. I know what he accomplished and the hype that surrounded him and I respect that, but like... I was there. I watched him play and we PLAYED him. I never felt like he was on another planet talent or performance wise (I'd also seen him outplayed.)

Don't get me wrong, there was no question that he was really really good (great, even.) At that point I was convinced you could put him on any basketball court in the world and he'd get 10 assists. I've just never been sold on him being the GREATEST. I struggle to even accept top 5.

Not trying to derail the thread but I know where you're getting at. That's how I always felt about Dan Gibson in Houston.

How is this a legit question? Cousy was a PG who led his teams to 6 NBA championships and put up great numbers over 13 seasons largely before the big total score boom that happened around '62 with the introduction of the shot clock. Six NBA championships. No other NYC PG comes close.

How is this a legit question? Cousy was a PG who led his teams to 6 NBA championships and put up great numbers over 13 seasons largely before the big total score boom that happened around '62 with the introduction of the shot clock. Six NBA championships. No other NYC PG comes close.

Some people are interpreting the question as who had the best high school career at NYC.

Others are interpreting it as who was the best nba player to come from NYC.

Some people are interpreting the question as who had the best high school career at NYC.

Others are interpreting it as who was the best nba player to come from NYC.

I guess I should've specified, but I assumed people would know I meant "high school" careers from the OP.  Sorry, guys.

I guess I should've specified, but I assumed people would know I meant "high school" careers from the OP.  Sorry, guys.

Back
Top Bottom