Washington ******** Moving Back to DC???

i dont want them in DC...PERIOD....fenty needs to put money into the school system...

smh.gif
Too much change....im fine with where they are

don't they already have the largest stadium in the league? why would they move?

Delete this post.. ******** arent moving anywhere.. Fedex field is one, if not the largest stadium in the league and is less than 15 years old.

Hell naw. The city too damn cluttered as it is. The last thing we need is a new stadium and new condos to go next to them.

Yeah let them stay out in PG County, sure I would love for them to knock down RFK and build a new one, but with the black people already being forced out bythe increased amounts of homes and taxes, all efforts need to be made to keep the city's houses equally available for all people. The only thing DC needsbuilt in it right now is a mall.

Think about it, the only Mall in DC is The Mall at Georgetown Park where I work, and many people outside of NW don't know it exist. They need to build amajor mall on the spot of the Old COnvention Center, that way the city can make more money off a new tourist attraction, and new jobs in the city can becreated, which will help the local economy.

D@mn ain't a new baseball stadium enough?

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Yeah let them stay out in PG County, sure I would love for them to knock down RFK and build a new one, but with the black people already being forced out by the increased amounts of homes and taxes, all efforts need to be made to keep the city's houses equally available for all people. The only thing DC needs built in it right now is a mall.

Think about it, the only Mall in DC is The Mall at Georgetown Park where I work, and many people outside of NW don't know it exist. They need to build a major mall on the spot of the Old COnvention Center, that way the city can make more money off a new tourist attraction, and new jobs in the city can be created, which will help the local economy.

And THIS is the realest thing I've ever seen. A mall equal or greater to a Fashion Centre@ Pentagon City or Tysons. But, retails would balk at theclose proximity to the other locations. Finding "good" anchors would be the problem. as most already have outposts in and around the city at nice,big spots.

Yeah.. thats all we need. Another BIG obstacle to drive around and the 5 years before its done being built of constuction holding up traffic and me getting tomy freaky deaky joints...

eh eh...

they are in DC.. the DC Suburbs...

I agree with RamZ

Good points Ramz. It's more than people having a place to live. You have to give them a means of supporting themselves as well.

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Yeah let them stay out in PG County, sure I would love for them to knock down RFK and build a new one, but with the black people already being forced out by the increased amounts of homes and taxes, all efforts need to be made to keep the city's houses equally available for all people. The only thing DC needs built in it right now is a mall.

Think about it, the only Mall in DC is The Mall at Georgetown Park where I work, and many people outside of NW don't know it exist. They need to build a major mall on the spot of the Old COnvention Center, that way the city can make more money off a new tourist attraction, and new jobs in the city can be created, which will help the local economy.

And THIS is the realest thing I've ever seen. A mall equal or greater to a Fashion Centre@ Pentagon City or Tysons. But, retails would balk at the close proximity to the other locations. Finding "good" anchors would be the problem. as most already have outposts in and around the city at nice, big spots.
Aren't they building a mall on 14th st.? W/the best buy and some other stuff?

If they move back into the city, it'll be excellent.

I agree 1000%. They're the WASHINGTON ********, not the Landover ********. I understand the inconvenience of having a big obstacle present, but it's the city. They're SUPPOSED to be big obstacles cluttering the area. My uncle's house is DIRECTLY across from SA and JFK, he complained too, but deep down I think he woulda missed the lack of activity. If you want serenity, move to the country/a rural area. STAY OUT of St. Mary's though. We don't want you there either.

Alot of stadiums for professional sports arent located inside the actual city. DC already had a issue building the Nationals stadium, so a project for theSkins would be nonsense.. also Snyder isnt giving up Fedex field.

^Yes. I know this. Doesn't mean I have to agree w/those teams locations either. He asked for opinions, I gave mine. I think the skins should have neverleft DC. I've remained steadfast on that. What I am waivering about, is MAYBE changing the name. I can't take suffering w/this curse for too muchlonger! I LOVE OUR NAME!!!!!

Oh don't get me wrong, I wish the Skins never left DC too, and building a new stadium in DC for the ******** would have been a great idea 10 YEARS AGO, butya'll can't turn a blind eye to red lining in the city.

WHat good is it to have the new stadium built in DC if property tax goes up so much you end up having to move into PGCounty? As my co-worker put so elegantly. I mean this two years from now, Fed-Ex field will be the second largest compacity stadium in the league (Damnyou Dallas). And its not like it's a bad stadium. All Im saying is when I get out of school, I want to be able to at least have aspirations to buy and owna house in DC. The House I live in now has been owned by my family for 50 years, and its not great, and if we were to sell this small duplex in SE now,we'd get 700 stacks for it ($700,000) And Im not anywhere near any of the stadiums, imagine me trying to afford a house next door if the ******** built anew stadium. SOme things are more important than a stadium location....

But that's just my $0.02

I think they should just add a dome to fedex field so we can get a superbowl up here for once.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Yeah.. thats all we need. Another BIG obstacle to drive around and the 5 years before its done being built of constuction holding up traffic and me getting to my freaky deaky joints...

eh eh...

they are in DC.. the DC Suburbs...

I agree with RamZ
No doubt.... anybody in MD knows what traffic is like on 202/495 when there is game
eek.gif

imagine that type of headache with new construction in the district.. +%++ is a pain NOW

also Snyder isnt giving up Fedex field.
Wrong champ, Synder wants to dump Fed Ex field and get a domed stadium, reason being he wants to host a Super Bowl here. Not to have a Super Bowlin DC per say but so that he can capitalize on all the money that a Super Bowl brings in. Just think about it, this guy charges the opposing team for thebuses for parking at Fed Ex field for a game, just imagine how it would hit dudes over the head for hosting the Super Bowl. I'm telling ya'll now, ifand when they tear RFK down, don't be surprised if you hear Snyder trying to move the Skins back to DC if they grand him funding for a dome stadium. Notto mention, have you dudes seen the blueprints for the new Cowboys stadium
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
simply amazing, Danny boy definitely wants to have a massive stadium draw likethat for himself and Fed Ex aint cutting it.

have you dudes seen the blueprints for the new Cowboys stadium
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
simply amazing, Danny boy definitely wants to have a massive stadium draw like that for himself and Fed Ex aint cutting it.
100,000 seat capacity
eek.gif
.... J.Jones wants SuperBowls, FinalFours and BCS Championships held there... the place is a modern day Marvel... or will be in 2009

Back
Top Bottom