**WASHINGTON WIZARDS 2012 Off-Season Thread ** Welcome to DC, Bradley Beal!!

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Missed most of the game last night...wall had 7 TOs in the first half...ended up w. 8. Played a lot better in the 2nd, so hopefully he can build off of that. Baby steps mang...

Oh yeah, Javale needs more touches. He's becoming the player we though he'd be...no coincidence that he's beasting w. Blatche out of the lineup. Also, as far as Blatche...something is fishy about his "shoulder." For some reason I think the team is telling him to stay away until a trade can happen...

I would trade Blatche for a bag of Corn Nuts.

co-sign

Wall's showing out today...having a hell of a game. However, he's got no help. He's a pass-first PG, but it's apparent to me that he's got to score 25+ for this team to be competitive.

What's up with McGee? Has he just not worked on his game or something? At his height, size, and age, you'd
think he'd be a dominant guy by now, but he seems like he's purely relying on his athletic ability when he plays.

jwall 
pimp.gif
traded him in my fantasy for dwill and he drops 38 oh well. hope he keeps it up tho kid got so much potential

Originally Posted by Peep Game

What's up with McGee? Has he just not worked on his game or something? At his height, size, and age, you'd
think he'd be a dominant guy by now, but he seems like he's purely relying on his athletic ability when he plays.

He's actually been REALLY good this year.  Not sure what you're basing this off of.  As a matter of fact, he's stepped it up on both ends of the floor.  Didn't have a great game today, but like I said....he's been really good this year. 

Well he has stepped it up since before, but it just seems like he's capable of being a really dominant center. Maybe its
who he's surrounded by.

How about that effort last night???
pimp.gif

Particularly impressed with Nick Young's defense on Durant...dude did his thing. I really didn't expect the Wizards to pull this one out and thought it was a wrap when KD pulled up for 3 as time was expiring. B-Ball Gods were on the Wizards side last night
pimp.gif

THEY WON!!  Great game last night.
I love watching John Wall when he is playing well.  Was a little bit more under control at times last night.  That alley oop he threw down i could have sworn was over his head.  Nick Young from 3
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(at the end at least lol).  John stepping in on durrant and taking that charge
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
his reaction after really showed that he just loves to compete. 

Every time i thought we had something going Westbrook would just come down and score with ease though.  Great job last night from the line too (except you Javale).  Glad they got the W

Originally Posted by Jking0821

THEY WON!!  Great game last night.
I love watching John Wall when he is playing well.  Was a little bit more under control at times last night.  That alley oop he threw down i could have sworn was over his head.  Nick Young from 3
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(at the end at least lol).  John stepping in on durrant and taking that charge
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
his reaction after really showed that he just loves to compete. 

Every time i thought we had something going Westbrook would just come down and score with ease though.  Great job last night from the line too (except you Javale).  Glad they got the W
wall played great last night also good defense if they play like that everynight they can at least start getting some more wins this season

Great win last night
pimp.gif

I thought Nick Young rebounded nicely in the second half cuz he couldn't hit a thing in the first half
pimp.gif

Beginning of the third quarter I thought we were doomed, whole team missed everything for like the first 4 minutes
30t6p3b.gif
but thank goodness Nick started getting hot

I wanted Kendrick Perkins to lay Andray Blatche out so bad last night after they got T'd up
laugh.gif

Back to back good games from John Wall, I wish he could be more consistent and maybe we could get a win streak going
laugh.gif

Went to the game last night. It was a great game for the Wiz. Crowd was energized the whole second half and you could tell they really been waiting for a game like this. Very good effort from the players.

They booed Blatche when he was introduced, everytime he got the ball, and then REALLY booed him everytime he would miss or lose the ball. During the last few possesions I heard people in the crowd yell out "Not to Blatche" and then when he got the ball they yelled "Please pass it...don't even touch the ball!!!" I couldn't help but laugh.

Great Win
pimp.gif
...Missed The Game And Couldnt Attend Cuz Of A Prior Engagement Hopefully I Can Catch The Replay
smokin.gif

Check this out...Pamela McGee (Javale's Mom) goes OFF on the team...

This is the night the hammer comes down, you’ve decided. This is the night to call out the brain lock and the boneheadedness — everything embodied by their starting center’s inability to understand that you don’t throw down a showboat dunk when you’re down six points and about to be 1-12 on the season.

http://www.washingtonpost...19/gIQA3Ln9BQ_story.html

Not a chance he re-signs unless there are some major organizational changes...

I've never heard of a team making it's center pay for his OWN big-man coach?
30t6p3b.gif

Give me a %%%%*+$ break. This is the problem with young athletes in professional sports. Everyone has their outside influences and family who coddle these guys and give them a false sense of importance.

You're a 24 year old grown man...your mom shouldn't be giving her two cents in the paper about team logistics and what they should and shouldn't be doing.

I'm sick of this %%%%*+$ team and it's children.

I agree his mom needs to shut her mouth, but it's a pretty weird statement to me about McGee having to come out of pocket for coaching....something that I think (or thought) the Wizards should be providing.

Also, if McGee walks....that leaves a HUGE void at the 5. What's the plan if he does?

I don't think it's standard practice for the team to seek individual coaches for players. It's one thing to hire a guy on your staff to come in and work with him but it's not the team's obligation to pay for workouts. I don't recall hearing about Orlando or LA paying for D12 and Kobe's workouts with The Dream down in TX. Don't recall hearing about teams paying to send guys to the Tim Grgurich camp in Vegas during the summer.

I hear alot of blame from Ms. McGee being placed on everyone else but her son for being a mental ******. Not the team's fault his game still revolves around out-jumping everyone else in year 4.

Dude needs a Charles Oakley like mentor to put a foot in his @!% to get him to wake up.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I don't think it's standard practice for the team to seek individual coaches for players. It's one thing to hire a guy on your staff to come in and work with him but it's not the team's obligation to pay for workouts. I don't recall hearing about Orlando or LA paying for D12 and Kobe's workouts with The Dream down in TX. Don't recall hearing about teams paying to send guys to the Tim Grgurich camp in Vegas during the summer.

I hear alot of blame from Ms. McGee being placed on everyone else but her son for being a mental ******. Not the team's fault his game still revolves around out-jumping everyone else in year 4.

Dude needs a Charles Oakley like mentor to put a foot in his @!% to get him to wake up.

But you have the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar working with Andrew Bynum and also someone like Pat Ewing who has mentored D12.  Now, there is nothing stopping Javale from going out and paying Olajuwon to train him like Okafor, Kobe, and Dwight Howard have done....but in his defense, the guy (don zierdan) who they have "coaching up" Javale, is the ex-coach of the Minnesota Lynx. 

Honestly, I'll be pissed if they don't re-sign McGee without having some sort of plan to fill his void.  For all his brain farts, he has come a long way...and at 23, I believe he's only going to get better.  There is no reason he can't be an all-star within the next 2-3 years or so.  I'd just hate to see him reach that goal with another squad.  That seems to be the Wizards M.O.....let young talent leave only to have them flourish elsewhere.  We got to start developing our own guys and keeping them.  The Wall/McGee pairing COULD be special.  Let's keep them both here in DC. 

And just like that Flip is gone

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
After a 2-15 start to the season, the Washington Wizards have fired Flip Saunders as coach, a league source tells Y! Sports.

Bring back Eddie Jordan!

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

After a 2-15 start to the season, the Washington Wizards have fired Flip Saunders as coach, a league source tells Y! Sports.

Bring back Eddie Jordan!
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ Folks saying Pam McGee gonna be the interim
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Bring back Eddie Jordan!
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ Folks saying Pam McGee gonna be the interim
laugh.gif

roll.gif
at Pam McGee

what are they waiting on with Ernie Grunfeld? He HAS to go too, 4th head coach that has been fired under his tenure
sick.gif

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

they just need to keep Wall and blow up this team.

Except for #2 and #24...every. single. last. one. of them can go. I like Booker/Singleton too but I wouldn't lose sleep over em if they were throw ins to bring in better pieces. And the only reason Jan is safe is because we used a #6 on him. I need a return on that investment.
Bye Flip. Never was really a huge fan of that hiring anyway. Not even when the Gil/Tawn/CB4 squad was intact. 

Back
Top Bottom