Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait until Seraphin is out of this organization.

Low IQ, selfish player with no feel for the game. I prefer Vesely to Seraphin, not even kidding.

Wall needs to leave the jumpshooting to Beal.

Wish dude would start driving and getting to the damn basket

These guys just don't quit. That was a quality win. Hopefully this is the start of a lil' streak. Goodness knows they need it.

The FT shooting was on point tonight, was a little worried with Nene stepping to the line at the end there but he nailed both. Martell was money from three too.  
pimp.gif

^He said in an interview that his back wasn't affecting his play that much. I don't think the back is the problem, it seems like he's trying to be like Kyrie or something showing people that he can shoot jumpshots. He needs to stick to his bread and butter, which is getting to the lane

The good news tonight was 16 assists and 1 TO from Wall. The past two games he has 28 assists and 2 TOs, that's incredible.

Vesely has strung together two pretty good games now. He was very active defensively, and he runs in transition and is an athletic finisher, which leads to some highlight plays.

Beal played great defense on Kevin Martin the whole game (which is hard to do because of how much KMart likes to run around off screens). Held him to 4-17 shooting

Vesely has strung together two pretty good games now. He was very active defensively, and he runs in transition and is an athletic finisher, which leads to some highlight plays.

Beal played great defense on Kevin Martin the whole game (which is hard to do because of how much KMart likes to run around off screens). Held him to 4-17 shooting

#ResignVes

Thats good as to seeing Beal is young and should be able to run for days, those guys who go through 100 screens a play are so frustrating

#ResignVes

Thats good as to seeing Beal is young and should be able to run for days, those guys who go through 100 screens a play are so frustrating
Yeah Beal has been playing heavy minutes and doesn't seem to get tired. He actually leads the league in mpg . Hope we don't wear him out too much tho

Even if we don't resign Ves, at least he has some trade value now because teams are seeing that he isn't absolutely terrible. Minnesota might even be interested in taking him after seeing him tonight, that Vesely/Singleton for Derrick Williams trade DJs posted would be :pimp:

Just got back from the game. Pretty good win. Especially since I figured they'd be down 20 by halftime. After Love's 1st quarter I thought he was going to hang 50 on us. Martell balled out. Beal started slow but finished well. Nene and Gortat were great...except for the 50 passes Gortat dropped. Jan is a fan favorite all of a sudden 
laugh.gif
. But he he bought some MUCH needed energy in that 2nd quarter when it looked like things were about to get out of hand. He looked OD scared to shoot the ball. There was one time on the break where there was nobody in front of him and he passed the ball behind him to Wall. Can't complain tho....anything we get out of him is a plus. Pec was BODYING dudes in the post. Team is going to need some more frontcourt help ASAP. 

John Wall was John Wall. I see why dude plays at 1000% MPH. He's only a threat to score consistently when he's on the break and the defense is on their heels. In a half court set...forget about it. You'd think they would have to try to put him in the post against Barea a few times...but nope. I'm ok with him not being a 20+ PPG scorer if he can run the team the way he did tonight. I'm fine with him trying to lead the league in assists instead of points. If that's going to be the case...Bradley Beal is going to have to consistently put up 20+ every night. If he could get to the line more...he's puttin up 25+ in his sleep.

Also....I was ******g screaming "STEP BACK" every time Kevin Love got the ball...cause that's exactly what he did every time he put it on the floor. Thank God Nene finally figured that out in the 4th Q and got the stop.

Hey we won!!!!

Johnny with that line :smokin :smokin he really should not shoot unless he is wide open or at the rim. Would help my fantasy team too
Martell :smokin :smokin
Brad :smokin

I always thought at his peak Jan could be a Shawn Marrion (sp?). Long really athletic for some one that size...good defender...not much of a shooter...but great at the rim finisher. I'm still convinced he is mentally not capable of this and terry cloth soft....but i pray he gets it together.

I really think Wall should model his game after Rondo. I see some similarities between the two guys.

There was a beautiful 2 pass sequence between Wall, Nene, and Gortat. Wall fed Nene the ball at the top of the key. Gortat made a nice cut to the hoop from the weakside (3 guys collapsed on Nene) and he Nene gave a sick bounce pass through traffic to Gortat who had an easy layup.

Wizards have a 4 game stretch here where ALL the games are vs. teams they can beat. Let's see if they can put a little something together here.

I really think Wall should model his game after Rondo. I see some similarities between the two guys. .

I agree, Wall is just more explosive. So far this season it has looked that he's trying too hard to prove he worked on his jump shot during the summer and instead he's clanking everything known to man. Leave the jumpers to Beal and Webster, attack the paint as much as possible since he's proven he can shoot well at the free throw line

I was impressed with that win last night because the first half did not go well, the T-Wolves were hitting everything from 3 and our defense was awful. But surprise surprise Jan Vesely brought some great energy off the bench, if he can do that nightly I'd be VERY happy since stiffs like Seraphin bring nothing of the sort.

I agree, Wall is just more explosive. So far this season it has looked that he's trying too hard to prove he worked on his jump shot during the summer and instead he's clanking everything known to man. Leave the jumpers to Beal and Webster, attack the paint as much as possible since he's proven he can shoot well at the free throw line

I was impressed with that win last night because the first half did not go well, the T-Wolves were hitting everything from 3 and our defense was awful. But surprise surprise Jan Vesely brought some great energy off the bench, if he can do that nightly I'd be VERY happy since stiffs like Seraphin bring nothing of the sort.

I think his back issues are part of the reason we've seen a reluctance to drive and also why his jumper has looked worse than ever. Back problems are no joke. There are times when Wall is laying down w/ a heating pad on when he's not in the games. I hope he can get better quickly.

Here's a quick read on Beal's defense on Martin on the final T-Wolves possession.

Link

Last edited:
Going to the game tonight, I'm like 3 rows behind the bench hopefully I can get some decent pics

Last edited:
Smashing these bums.. this is what we should've done in the first game.

When Nene is healthy and playing like this, there are only 4 or 5 Eastern Conference teams better than Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom