Washington Wizards 2014-2015 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Will the Wizards win the Southeast Division this season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Pat Buchanan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the 35 minute crooked rim delay I was able to get back in time to catch the final minute of the game after going to see The Hobbit at tipoff 
laugh.gif

Jesus John. Dribbling through a double team when up 5 (or whatever the lead was) and turning it over for an easy lay up when they were already on a run :smh:
Beal almost turned that ball over and ended up getting it back to pierce who drilled the 3. But if he would have turned it over we would have lost.

What are we doing switching screens so Nene ends up on Harden down the stretch?

Anyway its a W. Thank you Paul and thank you John and Brad for hitting free throws down the stretch. One thing that i feel is always over looked, free throw shooting. It won us the game tonight

Anyway its a W. Thank you Paul and thank you John and Brad for hitting free throws down the stretch. One thing that i feel is always over looked, free throw shooting. It won us the game tonight

yup, I can't remember the last time we shot that well from the free throw line in a game. Hope they keep it up

John's only turnover came at the most crucial possession of the game. 
mean.gif

We need another scorer. Someone that specializes in getting buckets only. I thought Otto could have been that guy but he's buried on the bench.

Phoenix might be forced to offload Gerald Green before the deadline to avoid losing him for nothing this summer. Not sure what we would have to part with but he'd be an excellent fit. 

John's only turnover came at the most crucial possession of the game. 
mean.gif

We need another scorer. Someone that specializes in getting buckets only. I thought Otto could have been that guy but he's buried on the bench.

Phoenix might be forced to offload Gerald Green before the deadline to avoid losing him for nothing this summer. Not sure what we would have to part with but he'd be an excellent fit. 
Agreed. But we keeping Otto bruh.

This is frustrating, we get exposed mightily against teams that have ball movement and play strong defense. Watching how the Spurs contest everything and block passing lanes compared to how we sag off and are afraid of contact says it all

Had no idea he and Wittman had words after the Raptors game.

I feel Rice Jr's pain tho. He probably had high expectations coming into the season...but it's a numbers game. That pre-season injury set him back and let Temple grab that spot. Then by the time Beal came back...Butler was starting to break out. 

I'd have never guessed the 12-15 men on the team would be Porter, Blair, and Rice Jr. but can't complain w/ the results.

The team definitely is missing one or two more pieces. 

Rice Jr. and Blair for Gerald Green. Do it Ernie.

I had high expectations for Rice. Really thought he would seize the opportunity early on in the year with both Beal/Webster hurt. However, who would have thought Garrett Temple would have exploded like he did? Oh well....I'm not going to sweat it if Rice is dealt. He had his chances and for the sake of his career, a divorce from the Wizards is the best thing for both parties going forward.

Anybody got any connects on Tix? Looking for tix to the Chicago game on 9th or Brooklyn on 16th. Pm if anybody got any. Thnx 

I had high expectations for Rice. Really thought he would seize the opportunity early on in the year with both Beal/Webster hurt. However, who would have thought Garrett Temple would have exploded like he did? Oh well....I'm not going to sweat it if Rice is dealt. He had his chances and for the sake of his career, a divorce from the Wizards is the best thing for both parties going forward.
Temple didn't explode, Butler did.

Its sad that it is basically a numbers game as stated.

If later in the season Butler goes cold (which im assuming will happen dude can't possibly keep this up right :lol:) And Martell doesn't get into the groove like we expect....that would be a perfect time for Rice. But he won't be kept around for that.

I still wish Otto was getting more playing time. But the one thing that has always been obvious with us is our lack of shot creators. In crunch time we almost always seem to run Brad off screens get him the ball and let him go at the D. I always thought Rice was a guy who could create his own shot and would help us out. Everyone else on our team is more of a spot us shooter to compliment Wall.

But I think Paul Pierce has taken that role of secondary shot creator. Rice deserves a shot in the league i hope he gets playing time some where

Temple didn't explode, Butler did.

Temple came out of nowhere to help this team get off to a 7-2 start. He was averaging close to double-figures in Beal's absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom