Washington Wizards Season Thread - Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

Should the Washington Wizards trade Bradley Beal?

• Total voters
Okay, so what do yall see happening vs the Nets, assuming Beal is back 🤔

This is an interesting matchup since the Wiz defense looks top tier but the offense is lacking. Nets have arguably the best offense in the league but are lacking defense. I could see this game going either way tbh but, even as a Wiz fan, I still think I put my money on the Nets.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Charlotte took the Nets down 111-95, in Brooklyn. KD did KD things but Harden was 6-16 with 15 points and no other Net was in double figures.

Think the Wizards will go in there and beat them too? I can see it happening if the Wizards come out strong, but I can't imagine Harden is going to keep up these strings of 6-16, 7-17, 6-16 games he's started the season with.

But I will say that if the Wizards are hustling a lot that could help. Vets aint trying to chase guys around for 48 minutes

People think it’s Westbrook being gone but I really think it’s finally getting get rid of Scott Brooks. They’re finally running offensive sets. No more Beal hero ball. Backscreens, spacing. Love to see it.

I Dont Know What To Think Of Any Of This.

So Im Just Going To Keep Watching Silently Until So Wizards....Or New Wizards?!?!

Methodical Management Methodical Management we still abandonin all hope or nah :emoji_smile:

I know it's only 5 games in, and the Wizards are gonna Wizards, but I don't think anybody saw the Wizards being 4-1 to start the year.
I certainly didn’t expect a 4-1 start, but I also know better than to get my hopes up too high given the strength of schedule.

Last night’s win, impressive as it was without Dinwiddie or Gafford, was nonetheless a classic trap game for Atlanta, playing on the road in the second half of a back to back.

So often, though, we see this team start to cough up leads in the fourth quarter, and instead of “Wizards gonna Wiz” they’ve thus far managed to regain their composure and hold on.

I give a lot of credit to Wes. To me, of all the changes we made this offseason that was far and away the best - and we absolutely lucked out on that given the way the coaching search was handled.

People think it’s Westbrook being gone but I really think it’s finally getting get rid of Scott Brooks. They’re finally running offensive sets. No more Beal hero ball. Backscreens, spacing. Love to see it.
I couldn’t agree more.

And these things are connected, too. These guys are playing for Wes, and for each other. The three players we picked up in the Westbrook deal were maligned and scapegoated for the Lakers’ failures last season, and we’ve thus far gotten the absolute best version of each one.

I never would’ve believed that Kyle Kuzma would be the team’s top rebounder. Ever.
Harrell is looking every bit the player who won Sixth Man of the Year, though we have yet to see teams really game plan for him the way Denver did by exposing his pick and roll defense in the bubble playoffs.
KCP has come up big in clutch situations, including last night.

Wes is getting the absolute most out of this roster.
You love to see it.

I think this may be the first time in my entire life I’ve had confidence in the Bullets/Wizards’ coaching staff.

If they manage to finish in the 4-6 range, Wes deserves serious consideration for coach of the year. Nobody expected anything from this squad.

If we do finish in the lower half of the Eastern Conference Playoff seedings, that keeps us out of impact player range in the draft, so there is still cause for concern there in that we won’t be able to bring in that third star thanks to the horrendous Bertans contract, but if nothing else the team is fun to watch, they’re enhancing the value of most players on the roster, and they can better make a case for free agents in the future.

32d460ec02ee1e6e57d3099e2c967bac.gif

Can’t Believe The Won A Game Where They Tried Their Best To Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory.

A Two OT Game They Give Up 112 Points? Who Is This Team?!?!

Thought we were destined to lose the boston game. Def went too much hero ball at the end of the game/overtime
But glad we won...this 5-1 feeling is strange...i think im happy?

Mashing the current branding with the colors from the Arenas years seems nasty in theory but I'm not too mad at how they pulled it off. the DMV logo is cool.

I get what they were going for, but it’s a case study in how not to do contrast. Brownish orange on red? The DMV logo is unreadable at a distance, as is the star in the revised monument ball logo.

The switch to red and blue stripes makes it looks more like a rugby shirt than the 70’s Bullets jerseys.

At least they tried, which is more than I can say for the Thunder, whose designers literally waved the white flag.

NikeNews_NBACityEdition2021-22_75thAnniversary_OklahomaCityThunder_FINAL_native_1600.jpg

(Edit: In light of Brad's postgame comments about his grandmother passing away, I take back my comments about his performance)
-------------------

Drink up fellas!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom