We are all born Atheist.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by High Altitude

God doesn't exist. Religion is bs. Deal with it.
I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that a god or god does not exist. There is such thing as perfect information or 100% knowledge to say that.

I am 99% sure though and religion is BS
nerd.gif

Better yet we cannot say with 100 percent certainty what God is if it actually exists. My theoretical concepts of "God" and "Gods" are just as valid as anyone else. As humans we may be a primitive form of life and God could simply be a more intelligent life form who manipulates every aspect of our existence. That's a theory and its just as valid as most religions.

I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that a god or god does not exist. There is such thing as perfect information or 100% knowledge to say that.

nerd.gif

Better yet we cannot say with 100 percent certainty what God is if it actually exists. My theoretical concepts of "God" and "Gods" are just as valid as anyone else. As humans we may be a primitive form of life and God could simply be a more intelligent life form who manipulates every aspect of our existence. That's a theory and its just as valid as most religions.

I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that a god or god does not exist. There is no such thing as perfect information or 100% knowledge to say that.

nerd.gif
There is no way to know 100%. But the fact that religious people act as if they are 100% sure of their religion makes it annoying as #@@#. It makes sense that people were scared of death so they made up religion. Just my thought 

I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that a god or god does not exist. There is no such thing as perfect information or 100% knowledge to say that.

nerd.gif
There is no way to know 100%. But the fact that religious people act as if they are 100% sure of their religion makes it annoying as #@@#. It makes sense that people were scared of death so they made up religion. Just my thought 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

nerd.gif

yup it goes both ways
although atheists have the edge in the current match up against religious people since god has not been seen and religion makes them look bad

nerd.gif

yup it goes both ways
although atheists have the edge in the current match up against religious people since god has not been seen and religion makes them look bad

nerd.gif

yup it goes both ways

I have no issues with people having supernatural beliefs. I believe in aliens and wormholes to alternate dimensions. These aren't facts. My beliefs don't lead to wars, prejudices, hypocrisy, and stagnancy in the intellectual evolution of man.

nerd.gif

yup it goes both ways

I have no issues with people having supernatural beliefs. I believe in aliens and wormholes to alternate dimensions. These aren't facts. My beliefs don't lead to wars, prejudices, hypocrisy, and stagnancy in the intellectual evolution of man.

yup it goes both ways

If that is your main gripe with religion what are your takes on women, money and territory? 

yup it goes both ways

If that is your main gripe with religion what are your takes on women, money and territory? 

Originally Posted by cartune

yup it goes both ways

The human capacity for hatred and violence is innate, religion is simply a tool to get their selfish intentions to fruition. If people were killing themselves over atheism/agnosticism I would have an issue with it.

Women are people-not sure what you were looking for here

Territory/money is the true root of most human strife and religion is simply a tool.

I don't care if somebody worships a statue of an octopus with the head of human just as long as it isn't politicized.

yup it goes both ways

The human capacity for hatred and violence is innate, religion is simply a tool to get their selfish intentions to fruition. If people were killing themselves over atheism/agnosticism I would have an issue with it.

Territory/money is the true root of most human strife and religion is simply a tool.

I don't care if somebody worships a statue of an octopus with the head of human just as long as it isn't politicized.

Atheists are just as susceptible to scapegoating as theists are.  So many tend to blame religion for the world's problems.  And it's so ironic because they stand on this high moral platform only to do the very thing that drives conflict.  An except from Scott Atran's review of Sam Harris' new book.  Scott is also an atheist and the entire review is worth reading.  http://nationalinterest.o...e-nearly-everything-4893

Harris ignores or disdains other, far more data-driven analyses of religion across history and cultures as imagined worlds that try to find a way through humankind’s logically and empirically unsolvable existential dilemmas, including death, deception, catastrophe, loneliness and inequality; that psychologically attempt to manage the contradictory yearnings, impulses and needs of human nature; and that attempt to maintain lasting cohesion among genetic strangers in the face of constant opportunities for defection and social dissolution. Religion may not be, or no longer be, necessary for any of this. Yet its creative role in getting us out of the caves and begetting civilization is evident (archaeological research by the University of Michigan’s Joyce Marcus and others shows growing ritual complexity predicting the formation of increasingly larger and more complexly organized societies). All that is sacred of course hasn’t stopped us batting one another over the head with clubs. To be sure, the in-group solidarity that religion promotes often exacerbates differences with outside groups which underscore hostility and conflict. But religion does not require war, nor is it responsible for most of history’s violent conflicts and war deaths. In the Encyclopedia of Wars, Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod surveyed nearly one thousand eight hundred violent conflicts throughout history, and less than 10 percent were religious. Religious motives accounted for few of the more than 100–150 million deaths in twentieth-century wars (mostly caused by World Wars I and II, Russia’s and China’s civil wars, along with Stalin’s and Mao’s purges).

Atheists are just as susceptible to scapegoating as theists are.  So many tend to blame religion for the world's problems.  And it's so ironic because they stand on this high moral platform only to do the very thing that drives conflict.  An except from Scott Atran's review of Sam Harris' new book.  Scott is also an atheist and the entire review is worth reading.  http://nationalinterest.o...e-nearly-everything-4893

Harris ignores or disdains other, far more data-driven analyses of religion across history and cultures as imagined worlds that try to find a way through humankind’s logically and empirically unsolvable existential dilemmas, including death, deception, catastrophe, loneliness and inequality; that psychologically attempt to manage the contradictory yearnings, impulses and needs of human nature; and that attempt to maintain lasting cohesion among genetic strangers in the face of constant opportunities for defection and social dissolution. Religion may not be, or no longer be, necessary for any of this. Yet its creative role in getting us out of the caves and begetting civilization is evident (archaeological research by the University of Michigan’s Joyce Marcus and others shows growing ritual complexity predicting the formation of increasingly larger and more complexly organized societies). All that is sacred of course hasn’t stopped us batting one another over the head with clubs. To be sure, the in-group solidarity that religion promotes often exacerbates differences with outside groups which underscore hostility and conflict. But religion does not require war, nor is it responsible for most of history’s violent conflicts and war deaths. In the Encyclopedia of Wars, Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod surveyed nearly one thousand eight hundred violent conflicts throughout history, and less than 10 percent were religious. Religious motives accounted for few of the more than 100–150 million deaths in twentieth-century wars (mostly caused by World Wars I and II, Russia’s and China’s civil wars, along with Stalin’s and Mao’s purges).

See instead of questioning the concept of private property or international monetary policy your more likely to be in an argument in a thread like this. 
If you were truly atheist, agnostic or whatever then why aren't we ever arguing about more material, debatable issues? 

See instead of questioning the concept of private property or international monetary policy your more likely to be in an argument in a thread like this. 
If you were truly atheist, agnostic or whatever then why aren't we ever arguing about more material, debatable issues? 

Anton, let me just say one thing.

1. What are your thoughts of the spiritual vs. material world. Of course the material world exists, but what are your thoughts of the spirit realm.

2. Do you believe in Evil and what is your definition of Evil.

3. What are your thoughts celebrities accepting the "dark side" into their lives for fame and fortune.

1. What are your thoughts of the spiritual vs. material world. Of course the material world exists, but what are your thoughts of the spirit realm.

3. What are your thoughts celebrities accepting the "dark side" into their lives for fame and fortune.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

1. I don't know, the spiritual world only exists in my imagination.
2. Everybody should know what evil is, you don't need an ancient "holy book" to know the difference between right and wrong. Many so called righteous men are the very definition of evil. Many religious laws and supposed "moral codes" are highly immoral. People burning a village of people that are a different religion is evil. The crusades are evil. Jihad is evil. Human sacrifice is evil. These are what many religions consider sacred and good.
3. Many artists/celebs openly embrace the "dark side" and don't get any fame and fortune. Which is why the conspiracy theories surrounding jayz is comedy to me. There are musicians out there who are underground and openly theme their music around satanism and paganism but do not get rich or famous.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

1. I don't know, the spiritual world only exists in my imagination.
2. Everybody should know what evil is, you don't need an ancient "holy book" to know the difference between right and wrong. Many so called righteous men are the very definition of evil. Many religious laws and supposed "moral codes" are highly immoral. People burning a village of people that are a different religion is evil. The crusades are evil. Jihad is evil. Human sacrifice is evil. These are what many religions consider sacred and good.
3. Many artists/celebs openly embrace the "dark side" and don't get any fame and fortune. Which is why the conspiracy theories surrounding jayz is comedy to me. There are musicians out there who are underground and openly theme their music around satanism and paganism but do not get rich or famous.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I'm not an atheist, I worship Yahweh. Chosen people.

Back
Top Bottom