We Have A Scorpion Problem Vol Common In Arizona

we moved to the PHX area from Portland 2 years ago.  i've heard the 'scorpions are common in AZ' talk, but never have seen one.  well, we got our first one.  and this species, assuming we looked at the right one, is the most common to az and also the most dangerous.  kind of groovy, huh **note the sarcasm**  we are calling the exterminator tomorrow.  i was putting my wallet down not even a foot away from this thing, too.  pardon the iphone picture.  tried to use HDR on it.

sick.gif

I couldn't deal with that

ive been here (Scottsdale) for the last month and a half.. & ive yet to run into any type of critter in or around my house.. 

30t6p3b.gif
o hell nah, i've had ants or mosquitos as the occasional home bug in the summer...hell even the small spiders or a centipede (they are the worst, could be on the wall chillin and you won't notice for 2 hours)....

but venomous critters with pincers? fck THAT ma dude. living in az wouldn't be an option.

sick.gif
sick.gif

my mom's area has them, from what i've researched they're hard to kill because you have to find their nest.

...... so umm yea. my body isnt ready. and it will never be... they can climb walls? WHAT IN THE MOTHER NATURE

FUUUUU....
frown.gif
I'll definitely pass on those type of critters

How dangerous is that thing?

yo go watch that tv show infested there's a episode on that kind of scorpion and the only thing i can say after watching that is ........

Spoiler [+]
RIP

Here's one I found while I was in Tucson a few months ago... it just got done taking a shower in RAID.

14m41n5.jpg

I believe it's a bark scorpion... nasty little critters and commonly found in households.

I would not survive 
sick.gif
... having your girl kill the spiders and bugs in your place bc your a #$%^& *feels bad man* 
30t6p3b.gif

[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]
FUUUUU....
frown.gif
I'll definitely pass on those type of critters

How dangerous is that thing?

[/td][/tr][/table]this specific species... very dangerous

Originally Posted by tootthatthang

I would not survive 
sick.gif
... having your girl kill the spiders and bugs in your place bc your a #$%^& *feels bad man* 
30t6p3b.gif

cosign, but im not about to man up when it comes to spiders
sick.gif

I moved to the PHX area about almost 2 years ago from the LA area. I have found 2 in my house since buying it a little over a year ago, same kind of scorpion. I hate seeing them, they freak me out. I killed those bad boys from a distance with a swiffer followed by a large book.. I had a house next door to me that was vacant so i assume they were near me feeding on the bugs that were probably all around that house. Also, the smaller these are, the more venemous from what i am told.  If you really want see if they are around your place, go in your yard at night with a blacklight and see if you see any.

OP, where in PHX area are you? I am in surprise and am wondering if it seems to be more of an east valley thing or west valley thing, or if it even matters.

Why not collect them?
Get one of those glass boxes, pick them joints with some tongs, and place 'em in the box.
Have late night bug fights and place bets.
You could be the Mike Vick of scorpions, how effin cool is at?

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Why not collect them?
Get one of those glass boxes, pick them joints with some tongs, and place 'em in the box.

+1. You could also switch it up and make em fight different bugs.

199297_10150216583497942_750857941_9200461_1985024_n.jpg

Ate the left one at the Wild Food Festival this year
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Glad we haven't got @@#$ like scorpions or snakes here in New Zealand.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

The viable places for me to live in America keeps shrinking
real talk, i've been thinking heavily these past few months about moving to Arizona next year...but scorpions??? i don't know about that...
@proper english, how you liking it out there???

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Why not collect them?
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 lol i remember seeing a bug fight with a scorpion that fool won with ease he killed his opponent 

scorpion will do the work

hes about that life

Being an AZ native, I have lived with these my whole life. They are more annoying then dangerous and if your house is on a nest its gonna be really expensive to get rid of it. The sting is painful and it lasts a couple hours. I've been stung 6-7 times in my lifetime. Its only dangerous if your allergic to the venom, weigh less than 50 pounds (infants and young kids) or a senior citizen.

Now black widow spiders are common in the area too, and after living around them for 20 years, I still piss my pants when I see one.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom