Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

laugh.gif
 at My Cousin Vinny
Puffy Daddy the paperwork gangsta

tumblr_m0e0mbsBZL1qdxn5so1_250.gif
Paperwork gangsta 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I got a feeling he's doing like Loon...I don't believe this for one bit...

And yeah Puff was still getting paid off the Lox...there was somewhere I either saw or heard that he had to get like 200 or 300K off top before they recorded for any albums.

Originally Posted by USAFAnt

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Didnt Diddy manage Nicki Minaj for a short point?

Yeah.....don't know what happen with that...just know she got a new manager soon after I think.

Aint he managing Ross as well?
If that's the case, you gotta love that food chain. Diddy is likely eating real good off that whole Maybach music empire. And I am sure he's teaching Ross a lil something about how to leech off his artists. 

French is gonna get it both ways, from Diddy, word to his BB contract, and Ross, word to his MMG contract (he's signed, right?), as Ross is clearly a disciple of Sean...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

damn... i really wanna see what's up w/ that Eryka Baduey yambs...

it be changing fellas all the time...

i wanna see its powers...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Honestly what is the background between Shyne doing time for Diddy? I never paid attention to that stuff.

Team Judaism though
pimp.gif

Shyne smashed Badu? Or y'all just saying that randomly? Cause if son did, she consistent with driving dudes crazy

eek.gif
eek.gif
A Mark Curry sighting??? I actually thought dude was pretty nice on a couple tracks. I know he still produces
as 'Chop D.I.E.S.E.L, but have no idea what he's done recently.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Shyne smashed Badu? Or y'all just saying that randomly? Cause if son did, she consistent with driving dudes crazy
No he asked when was the last time you seen a rapper made a life change like this and the reply was every time a rapper gets some Badu box referring to 3Stax, Common, Jay Elec not that Shyne smashed Erykah.

Coincidence that soon after the guy who started the night club shooting gets clapped out here in BK, Shyne gets back cool with diddy.... o_O

Man. I wonder what other artists like 112's contracts were like. I don't understand how these guys behind songs like, "Like Whoa," "Special Delivery," "Bad Boyz," and the countless Bad Boy remixes aren't relaxing in mansions and spent so much time in penitentiaries. I remember the first time I saw the That's Gangsta video from Shyne. That was the song that put me on to him. Not to mention Ma$e who was killing it. ("Can't Nobody Hold Us Down" and "Been Around the World" were in constant rotation for me back then.) And we know these dudes all wrote rhymes for Puff. His flow has sounded like each one of them guys at one point. "Don't worry if I write rhymes. I write checks."
30t6p3b.gif

"No security guard...can stop a refrigerator...from falling off a skyscraper........the double door joints.......stainless steel."

Then Diddy's rebuttal went something like:
"Y'all dudes talking about throwing refridgerators mayne. Y'all ain't gon do NUFFIN'!!!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

like someone said before, i just dont get it why artist still sign with diddy ?
i know it might seem like a good look but cmon man, those contracts must be so bad....

look at everyone that diddy has screwed over (in one way or another):

craig mack
the lox
loon
shyne
black rob
mase
DREAM (the girl band)
da band
danity kane
day 26
the white dude who didnt make the band who was suppose to get his "solo album"
b5 (dont know if theyre still around)

point is...whatever you do dont sign your life away, lol.

seen Loon one day on my campus passing out info about Islam...looked totally different with a big beard...

guess after u mess wit diddy, you gotta find religion

....and the five year hip hop historians stike again. its threads like these that show you what cats really do know about hip hop.

.....ftr, Shyne AND diddy had the same lawyers early on, but shine dropped them and paid for his own. plus, Diddy didnt shoot and never had a gun, that was Shyne being a hot head trying to play toughguy coming to diddys rescue over some $$#$ that had nothing to do with him.

....there never really was a "doing someone elses 10 year bid". granted the bullet that hit ole girl was not from shynes gun but diddy didnt even have a gun. his security probably did though, hell, he had jennifer lopez with him that night in THE DRESS!

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....and the five year hip hop historians stike again. its threads like these that show you what cats really do know about hip hop.

.....ftr, Shyne AND diddy had the same lawyers early on, but shine dropped them and paid for his own. plus, Diddy didnt shoot and never had a gun, that was Shyne being a hot head trying to play toughguy coming to diddys rescue over some $$#$ that had nothing to do with him.

....there never really was a "doing someone elses 10 year bid". granted the bullet that hit ole girl was not from shynes gun but diddy didnt even have a gun. his security probably did though, hell, he had jennifer lopez with him that night in THE DRESS!

your basically just restating what was said-  they didnt have the same lawyer....yea Shyne might have switched but thats because from the jump it seemed like Puff was pinning it on him and making it seem like he acted reckless and on his own...which is basically what your saying...

at the end of the day I wasnt there and we dont know what went on behind the scenes but it doesnt seem too far fetched ....shyne was a goon somebody tried the boss...you think Puff said no its cool just ignore him? or gave the order? or worse alot of the witnesses testimony said shyne AND puffy were shooting...there was also all the accusations and charges about puffy trying to bribe everybody involved - it was also crazy that j lo didnt get called to the stand

there was a WHOLE lot of nonsense and craziness in the trail and about that case to just say its as clear cut as diddy and wolf were innocent and shyne was crazy just shooting into a crowd - 

i want to find that old article - i think it was the source with the shyne interview from jail- he was HEATED at puffy and basically said puffy snitched on him to make him take the fall- and that there were inconsistencies with the gun calibers and that he only shot into the air or whatever  (ninjahood prob has it somewhere
laugh.gif
)

theres 3 sides to every story

edit:
background on the paris meeting
When his hit song “Bad Boys

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by StillIn729

he's signed to Cash Money; everyone finds religion once they get in trouble

it won't last if he tastes a little bit of fame again...let's be real

and you know it wont last how?

have you ever heard of a guy named Malcolm X?
yes Shyne is the next Malcolm X 
laugh.gif

He lives in Israel now.  My friend in Jerusalem is cool with him and says dude is SUPER involved in the community out there.

This isn't a "went to prison and found religion to pass the time" situation.  He feels like he's truly found himself.  He still raps...  He's just changed other aspects of his lifestyle.  I don't see why people seem to think religion has to be all or nothing?

heres a link to Shynes account at the time:

http://www.villagevoice.com/2001-03-20/news/puffy-betrayed-me/

long read but here's an excerpt
Barrow never believed the man he refers to as "Combs" would hurt him. "I never really wanted to admit this," he said. "I was in a state of denial because I am such a loyal person. . . . I could understand if I was just another guy, but I am somebody that you groomed, somebody that you showed the ropes [to], and to just leave me hanging there, nobody speaking up for me, nobody trying to spin it my way, nobody trying to show that there [were] other guns fired [inside the club], nobody trying to show that shots were in the ceiling, nobody trying to show that this was clearly self-defense. Everyone's trying to make the two shots that was supposed to be fired from the gun that I had [the act of] this desperado at the O.K. Corral."

Every day, Combs walked into court and took his seat between his high-priced lawyers Benjamin Brafman and Johnnie Cochran—treating Barrow like the invisible man, never looking to the right of the defense table where Barrow sometimes sat as if spellbound, watching witness after witness parade into court, accusing him of recklessly firing a gun. Barrow felt some of the witnesses lied to protect Combs. Following testimony by Club New York security guard Cherise Myers, a key defense witness who claimed that she fell on top of Combs during a mad dash to the exit after the first shots were fired and never saw him with a gun, Barrow reacted angrily.

"You don't have to prove that I did it in order to prove that you didn't do it," reasoned Barrow, who several days later would sever his contract with Bad Boy Entertainment. "She lied for him. Fine. But don't let her testify against me. That's when I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't believe it. That was it," the rapper added. "There was no way I could continue. I couldn't even look at him anymore."

Back
Top Bottom