We often say "if I had the money that celeb had i'd never go broke or work again"

$10 mil is $200K a year for 50 years...... That is great money... But not unbankruptable

Give me Jay-Z money he made in a year, and we would be good with that....

the first thing i would do is buy a house and get a few cars that i always wanted...  i would get a range and a benz and that would be straight for me... and then i would invest in a franchise... i would get a franchise that is needed and in demand depending on the location... for example where i live now in jackson, nj there is no starbucks and chipolte by me and i would definitely open up either one... the rest of my money would go towards my parents so they would not have to work ever again... id buy them a house and whatever they needed... the rest of money will be saved...and if i did shop i definitely wouldn't be frivolous...i would buy stuff i always wanted but i would never OD... you won't see me buying expensive jewelry or overpriced jeans 

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

A lot of people will still go broke. Tons of family and friends come out the woodwork. People get trapped in the lifestyle and don't think money is gonna end. Everybody always has these "great" ideas to invest, but some "great" ideas were just great on paper, not when you actually invested it and the venture went sour.
Every single person that has shared their idea/plan swears in the greatest idea ever and it's gonna be 1000% profitable
laugh.gif

i understand that, but you just gotta say no

i think that's how alot of these rappers get caught up, they lend out all of that money to so called "people in need" and wind up having to keep up with that music thing, they can't stop on album number whatever because if they stop now they know in a few years they'd have to sell that big mansion that they're in and sell them luxurious cars that they be cashing out on also.

yeah most of them just love the thought of making money, but alot of them can't quit either, like I said, their expensive lifestyle won't let them. Not to many rappers I know in the mainstream that can stop today and live off of whatever they have in their bank account for the rest of their lives, they're too used to spending money on high priced stuff.

once you get a taste of that big spending, I'm guessing that it's not just easy to say you're going to stop tomorrow.

A couple of years ago I wouldn't have been able to, but now that I'm older I'm making better spending decisions.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

A lot of people will still go broke. Tons of family and friends come out the woodwork. People get trapped in the lifestyle and don't think money is gonna end. Everybody always has these "great" ideas to invest, but some "great" ideas were just great on paper, not when you actually invested it and the venture went sour.

Every single person that has shared their idea/plan swears in the greatest idea ever and it's gonna be 1000% profitable
laugh.gif

i think that's how alot of these rappers get caught up, they lend out all of that money to so called "people in need" and wind up having to keep up with that music thing, they can't stop on album number whatever because if they stop now they know in a few years they'd have to sell that big mansion that they're in and sell them luxurious cars that they be cashing out on also.

yeah most of them just love the thought of making money, but alot of them can't quit either, like I said, their expensive lifestyle won't let them. Not to many rappers I know in the mainstream that can stop today and live off of whatever they have in their bank account for the rest of their lives, they're too used to spending money on high priced stuff.

once you get a taste of that big spending, I'm guessing that it's not just easy to say you're going to stop tomorrow.

Money changes everyone who is around it and the people with it. It sucks. When my dad played for the rangers his contract was at 100,000 a year.
Now the idiot lives in a small apartment coaching football. It taught me a lot though. I've always been careful with my money.

Originally Posted by Donny Walker Blaq

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by Donny Walker Blaq

Sure. Just make some sound investments.

-Take half of it and hire an awesome property manager then set up an affordable housing llc that rents property to low-income or poor people

-Flip 2-5 houses a year (find a wealthy partner to limit the risk)

-Don't by stocks & bonds until your properties start generating income

- if you have the stomach for it. invest in a nationally recognized franchise and hire a general manger that has worked in the industry their entire career. then you shut up and stay out  of their way unless they are blatantly making things worse

- try to find a partner to go half with you on the franchise

dude you can do all of that with 5 mill and let the rest chill because liquid cash is king. the income that is generated from your investments will have you popping tags everyday.... if that's what u want to do
tired.gif

fambs.... everything you said was
pimp.gif
 until liquid cash being king.

i think that money should be turned into something else, because the value of the dollar continues to go down...

maybe some bars of gold... then, whenever you spend up one bar, go and sell another one.

other than that...

i'm with you all the way

*glass clink*

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I understand your reasoning homie. Pesonally I wouldn't buy gold bars but to each its own

I could've worded that last statement better tho

The reason I would keep five mill in liquid cash is to ensure I have money to take advantage of great deals I come across: houses, cars, electronics, etc

You ever tried to nagotiate with someone on a price for  shoes, clothes, cars, electronics, etc?

once you get them down to a reasonable price they are gonna want that cash money immediately. No cards(unless debit), No gold, they want cash playboy. 

Having cash allows you to get steals not deals..... steals>>>deals. imho

AGREE W/ YOU 100%

and i believe the cash is the GREATEST asset when bargaining.

i just think the time it takes to run and cash that gold bar is dope...

for instance... if you have 1 million in cash dollars, a year from now, it may only buy you 959K worth of stuff.

but 1 mill in gold bars... that joint aint gonna do nothing but go up.

edit: i didnt take into consideration that you said having the money ON hand...

i completely agree w/ the dealing with cash thought process though.

I'd continue to work. Easy. There's so much money to be made in the construction industry, especially for me right now in my city.

The money could stay in the bank account. I'd buy myself a nice home, nothing too schmancy, maybe buy a new Hilux. My salary can be my play money
pimp.gif

And I'd donate some to Haiti, Japan and of course my beloved Christchurch to help with the rebuild in each place.

I would put that money right into the community. I would build boys and girls clubs, community centers and find ways to improve the quality of life in the community that i reside in. A lot of people are in here trying to validate how they would make more money. Granted, building these establishments will generate revenue but using the revenue to build and improve in more locations will benefit more people in the long run. Just me thou...

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

laugh.gif

Money changes everyone who is around it and the people with it. It sucks. When my dad played for the rangers his contract was at 100,000 a year.
Now the idiot lives in a small apartment coaching football. It taught me a lot though. I've always been careful with my money.

why you call your father an idiot though? that's not cool.

I dont think I would go bankrupt. I would probably delete a bunch of people out of my life though.

laugh.gif

He left back to Texas when the rangers stopped the games they had in MX, he left my mom to raise me alone. The long distance relationship didn't work.
He tries to contact me a couple of years later, 7 to be exact. I started going with him every summer and he would beat me. A little girl in 3rd grade because
I was talking in PE class. He beat me for 2 hours and gave me 10 minute breaks. I hate him. I don't care if he dies. The money made him a stupid man. He
said so himself.

I do believe if I had a celebrity's salary, I would never be broke. You can live the good life without spending every cent. Look at how many of us live well of $50k+. Imagine you did clear a million after a movie or cd or season every time....you would have to be reckless to waste through that. I would take what I make and increase it.

In the end though, I won't get the opportunity until I win the Mega Millions or Powerball. I guarantee you I won't be one of those rag to riches to rags stories.

He left back to Texas when the rangers stopped the games they had in MX, he left my mom to raise me alone. The long distance relationship didn't work.
He tries to contact me a couple of years later, 7 to be exact. I started going with him every summer and he would beat me. A little girl in 3rd grade because
I was talking in PE class. He beat me for 2 hours and gave me 10 minute breaks. I hate him. I don't care if he dies. The money made him a stupid man. He
said so himself.
eek.gif
wow, sorry to hear that...my fault.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

The thing is, most people would go broke even if you gave them 100 million dollars.

It's embedded in our minds to spend every chance we get.

Say you find $50 bucks on the sidewalk. The first thing that goes through your head is "what should I buy with this?" Instead of throwing it into savings.

With that kind of mindset you will be drowning in debt even when you are making a lot of money.
No.

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

The thing is, most people would go broke even if you gave them 100 million dollars.

Say you find $50 bucks on the sidewalk. The first thing that goes through your head is "what should I buy with this?" Instead of throwing it into savings.

With that kind of mindset you will be drowning in debt even when you are making a lot of money.
No.
Given the mind-set of most $1-million-aint-even-that-much-these-days-NTers, that's not too far-fetched.

Originally Posted by Jehul

No.
Given the mind-set of most $1-million-aint-even-that-much-these-days-NTers, that's not too far-fetched.

yep, just check out the "dressing better" "Ralph Lauren" "Mac and Iphone" Thread....

laugh.gif
dude's would be throwing money around like it isn't nothing.

Originally Posted by Jehul

No.
I think it also depends on situation/what type of people get the money. Of course some idiots would blow it, but at the same time some would be smart. Just all depends. I personally would never go broke off of $100 million, but to each his own.

Originally Posted by Hizzle

Jay made like 30 million last year, right? Something like that. I could easily live off of $400K a year for the rest of my life. That'd give me 75 years of $400K/year. I'm not about expensive cars and houses. I would buy a moderately priced home and drive used Honda Accords. I'd spend most of my money on good food, traveling, and clothes.

My man
pimp.gif
.I'd own ONE super car, and a recent used Accord or two. I'd spend around 25k on sneakers the first year, and then probably 2-3k every year after that.I'd buy 2 pairs of raw denim (maybe Nudies) and 2 pairs of Diors and wear them until they were destroyed.I'd be sure to spend like than 15k on clothes yearly.The rest of that 400k would be cut in half, put into my savings account, and saved for an emergency. Whatever's left in my account would be used as you mentioned.EDIT: Damn KillTheHype
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom