We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

tomorrows game actually has no bearing already right?because we already are assured of a slot sa crossover round robin with the other group which has Iran,chinese Taipei etc... We will meet Japan again in that round so we must not be overconfident against them next time. Asi Dunking
pimp.gif
Go Team Pilipinas!

ASI transformed mid-game into LeBron Taulava, literally doing everything!

Sparking the run that sealed the deal for the Pinoys!

Also COACH YENG! WAG PUROS JUMPSHOT PAG NASA HALFCOURT OFFENSE!

Anung klaseng strategy yan! Lay-up pag fastbreak, pero tres lang ng tres pag halfcourt game?!? Pati si Sonny Thoss nagtetres!

Originally Posted by carmelocu

tomorrows game actually has no bearing already right?because we already are assured of a slot sa crossover round robin with the other group which has Iran, chinese Taipei etc... We will meet Japan again in that round so we must not be overconfident against them next time. Asi Dunking
pimp.gif
Go Team Pilipinas!
Actually they do, the records against the qualifying teams in the 1st round will carry over to the next round when facing the qualified teams fromGroup B. Example, if japan beats srilanka and qualifies for the next round, its record will be 0-2 and if it wins against taiwan and uzbekistan and lost toiran its record will be 2-3. The top 4 teams from the 2nd round will be on the quarters.

RP made 24 fouls, gave japan 32 FT chances and they made 27 out of it. compares to RP's 10 FT and only 5 made. plus 18-7 off reb. sorry to say RP won byluck. this kind of defense and FT cant beat korea.

^that's not the whole story though.we definitely improved our D which led to numerous fastbreak opportunities and started to get a handle on theTO's.add to that our shooting percentage of 56% on 2's and 16 assits compared to Japans 30% FG percentage on 2's and 3 assists.we took this gamefrom Japan who actually had the lead for most of the first half.

a few things i noticed:

mick pinissi kept us in the game in the first half.thank goodness he knocked down those 3 balls.

anyone else notice norwood is being utilized incorrectly by yeng?he plays him at the 3 and has to match up with burlier dudes which takes gabe out of hisgame.he's play is dramatically down from the '07 jones cup and fiba qualifier when he was racing down court along side kelly williams,handling therock.FREE NORWOOD YENG!

james yap is a sorry defender.he hardly even tries sometimes.if he clears his head and start dropping dagger 3's then we can maybe overlook his inadequacyon D.

asi must have stumbled upon the fountain of youth,it's like '00 again.i must've replayed that dunk atleast 6 times.i'm happy for dude.hope hepoints eric menk to that fountain as well.

Korea is sure to be a tough opponent.we don't match up with them as good as we did against Japan.

but you know what they say,when times are rough,we gotta stick together.a house divided will not stand.we gotta believe fellas.we have to tell ourselves yes wecan!have to have faith like my man
371373569.jpg

as ronnie magsanoc says ... "taulava is huffing and puffing .." heheheh hiningal rin ... sipag nya kanina!!!!!!!!
happy.gif

sayang nga yung williams-norwood connection ..
@cyrus baguio ... court to court hahahah ...
@ kerby ... minsan pinipilit ..hehehe
@King James .... abang2x na lang sa rainbow area, tutal hindi naman sya marked man sa team ..
@PG of Japan .. kala ko babae
laugh.gif

@Asi .. next game vs 7'4" Goliath ..

pics from my angle....may sakit daw si japeth "high fever" enjoy

game MVP!

pics look crappy!! oh well photobucket sucks! back to Tianjin tom.......

Very proud of how our boys fought back last night
pimp.gif

And those RED jerseys look ssssssiiiiiccckkk!!!
eek.gif

BTW, **** isn't badly injured is he?

I was reading this from teampilipinas.info:
Sonny Thoss, who had to start at center in the absence of Japeth Aguilar (strained knee),
It's not that bad right? We'll definitely need him in this tourney if we wanna finish top 3.....
ohwell.gif

great team D last night. asi played really well.

skyrus baguio
pimp.gif
one man fastbreak.

great red jerseys.

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

Originally Posted by nadesico86

are there any sites that stream the team pilipinas games? thanks guys!

http://www.punchsports.ne...l/College%20Hoops%20Game

Asi is a ageless wonder
pimp.gif
....I already smell victory against Japan 75 - 65 (1:48 left in the 4th quarter)
live lang ata dto pero salamat sa link, wala ba sila gaya sa uaap games na naka save yung game at pwede mo i play yung replay?

some more pics...
the great thing about us waited for the team to board the bus, is that we are not the only ones waiting. a bunch of Chinese and Japanese waited and had theplayers signatures and pics "ASI was the favourite". it's a crazy atmosphere specially our games was after the team china game. with the historyof china and japan, from theJapanese anthem to last buzzer of the forth quarter Chinese people are booing them.......good for us!

Back
Top Bottom