We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

2-1 in Group A. Well, Good thing this is a No Bearing Game. bad thing is that....arent we facing Iran on the Next Game??

Thoss cant buy a basket and still no Asi. haay sayang this is a very winnable game. Close game kahit maalat yung shooting

tsktsk

kahit bgk fan aq im really disappointed how helterbrand play..

pang pba lang tlga.. dribble dribble grrr.. takot tumira ......

Im shocked at all the jumpshots the RP team has taken. Instead of capitalizing on the transition game, like how they made their 2 runs in the game, they lookto take outside shots. Thoss, Dillinger, Miller...these guys need to take it strong to the hoop. Baguio and sometimes Norwood seems to be the only ones willingto slash in. Helterbrand has been using his speed but needs to take it up a notch while Yap has been a no show so far and Raymundo is actually effective...forthe opponent. As successful as Pennisi has been with his 3pt shot, hes fine and Asi has been strong inside.

I hope losing to Korea is a good thing in that it has exposed a lot of what the RP team needs to focus on.

I Wonder why can Manny Pacquiao stop the whole Philippines and make it Unite, while the Powerade Team Pilipinas can't.

I bet there are more Basketball Fans and Basketball Players than Boxers.

Check what did TJ MANOTOC Tweet- @tjmanotoc-Buti pa Outback full of RP fans, passed by Fridays Boni Hi St, ges wats showin on all plasmas? Baseball on ESPN!@@+? Tok about patriotism!

Next game is against Chinese Taipei. Virtual must win daw for Team Pilipinas. Where is Japeth?is he injured? if he is waht a time to get injured or getsick.malas....

Originally Posted by jethro

Why is everyone bashing our players? instead of being united as one to win against Korea, we are pointing fingers to each others.

I mean why cant anyone see the importance kerby brings, he still havent showed his real game. well, Bakaw nga siya
Jared, dami din naman natutulong niya, now tell me who would drive against a 7'3 behemoth in a tournament where in fouls arent usually called?

Dami pa eh, La lang, just wanted to express my feelings. Peace Guys!

**Ha Seung-Jin wearing the Toro Bravo Pack, the Red Ones

I dont think its bashing as long as its the truth. If Raymundo was on his game Id give him props but he isnt, like you said. And he could be off his game inthe Jones Cup and the other Friendlies but we cant afford it in the FIBA-Asia games. If hes off his game then he should be on the bench and somebody who couldbe contributing should be on the floor in his place.

Oh well, better luck to us next game. Hope we make all the adjustments we need to make. Anybody know who we're up against and when the game is?

Originally Posted by irumi

tsktsk

ika nga ni chino trinidad dati, sige drible, dribla pa. akala ata ni jayjay may puntos ang dribble.

sayang talaga kung may konting swerte lang sana sa labas. Ok na yung D'antoni style ni yeng na 8secs or less kahit sa made basket. Kung ganun rin lang palaang gameplan nya, bakit hindi nya kinuha si alapag at dondon.

I wish it could be like the movies where the hero arrives and saves the day at halftime or whatever. Imagine Alapag suddenly showing up to start the next gameand proving why that middle-eastern star player considers him the best PG of Asia (fogot his name but hey were here for some friendlies with the Powerade teama few weeks back).

^ I Think it was Fadi El-Khatib of Lebanon

It was a still a Good Loss:lol:, at Least it reveled everything the Philippines needs to work-out more and all the Flaws of our game. As they say "It isanother blessing in disguise for RP", Taipei is definitely beatable, If ever we won ba, sino ba dapat kalaban?

^
el khatib of lebanon said dat,, alapag is the best pg of asia,, whew,,

anyway.. must win against the chinese taipei to avoid a KO game against china in Quarters...

kunteng swerte lang sa monday.. very beatable ang taipei,,

still no show for jyap.. baguio s d lone brightspot in dis game damn,,

alapag >>>>> JJ in fiba , hehe..

See you guys next game guys...hmmm any NTers consider watching one of the games together somewhere over a few cold ones? Just a thought =)

james yap has no D. The only reason why he is in the lineup is because he can hit the 3. If he cannot do that, just bench him. anybody know where japeth is? Imean not a single minute? Injured?

I really think that we need to focus in our transition game, defenders from other teams can't cope with cyrus,norwood and even james yap(nakaw plays). wedon't have enough height so we need to capitalize on our run-n-gun style. great effort from team Pilipinas, hope the lost won't be the beginning ofquicksand.

And just to add, what happened to Dilinger's game? He's not doing anything for the team to win, everytime i see him on the floor he's justdribblin' (like JayJay) and lots of TOs from him... SMH

After Chinese Taipei they will go up against Iran the following day. Its important to win on monday to avoid elimination. Go Team Pilipinas. Just make it intothe quarters and masaya nako. Still remember the buzzer beating 3 that the korean pg hit last busan asian games.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

imo, rp team played well, even with the loss. mdyo may halong malas na din. there were a lot of outside shots that was in and out or rimmed out.

Originally Posted by Trig20

Originally Posted by irumi

tsktsk

ika nga ni chino trinidad dati, sige drible, dribla pa. akala ata ni jayjay may puntos ang dribble.

sayang talaga kung may konting swerte lang sana sa labas. Ok na yung D'antoni style ni yeng na 8secs or less kahit sa made basket. Kung ganun rin lang pala ang gameplan nya, bakit hindi nya kinuha si alapag at dondon.
i'm not making excuses for jayjay but i still think he is not a hundred percent from his hamstring injury, regardlessof his shooting woes istill think he facilitates the team better than willi miller, he is still an integral part of the team and shoule play well maybe in the next game, mabuti nalang yung feed napanood ko walang commentator, i really don't like listening to chino trinidad, parang nagmamarunong parati and naninisi pa instead na magcomment na lang ng maayus eh kung ano ano pa sinasabi, suporthan na lang natin ang team wala na magagawa kung di yn lang, anyway konting swerte pa sa eh nanalosana tayo, ang baba ng FG natin sa 1st half compared to 70% by korea sa 2pt fg pero nakahabol tayo sa 3rd, i think yeng should have ledt baguio in more duringthe 3rd pero pagod na din siguro he was attacking the lane constantly too, hope we do better next game

Great effort by Team Pilipinas, we were in the ball game and we had a chance to take the lead but poor shot selection really killed us in that 4th quarter...Sana manalo next game against Chinese Taipei para makaiwas sa China.. Go Pinas! We still believe...

Originally Posted by jethro

Why is everyone bashing our players? instead of being united as one to win against Korea, we are pointing fingers to each others.

I mean why cant anyone see the importance kerby brings, he still havent showed his real game. well, Bakaw nga siya
Jared, dami din naman natutulong niya, now tell me who would drive against a 7'3 behemoth in a tournament where in fouls arent usually called?

Dami pa eh, La lang, just wanted to express my feelings. Peace Guys!

**Ha Seung-Jin wearing the Toro Bravo Pack, the Red Ones
Dude, just chill for a second. No one's bashing nobody. All we're doing is an honest to goodness analysis of the game. I mean come on,Yeng Guiao said it best, penetrate and don't settle for the jump shot. And when Cyrus Baguio was in the game and busy doing that, we were right in it! WhenAsi took care of the paint, we were fighting for the loose balls.

But when Dillinger was making those bad shot selections, you gotta call it as it is. I agree with you that fouls are not being called as often as we wouldlike. But what is a higher percentage shot on a two on one play: Penetrating strong to the basket and try to fish for the foul? Or an 8 footer that was twoarms length from a player from a player who was having an off night?

We all cheering for one team here and one country. We just call a spade a spade
happy.gif

Originally Posted by garfieldgnu

sayang...good effort.......yeng's PI's were an earful.
onga eh nakanood ako live stream online wala commentator parang may naririning nga ako nag mumura, hehe i think it was towards the refs, not surethough

Back
Top Bottom