Wearing jeans after buying them: Wash first or no?

moe200069

Supporter
Sup NT,Sorry if this question has been asked many times over, just been bothering the hell out of me as of late. Let's say you go to the mall, try on a pair of jeans, and decide to buy them. When you go home, do yall tend to wash them first before wearing them for an extended period of time? In the past, I've always washed my jeans after buying them mainly because I've thought about other dudes trying on my jeans prior to me buying them and all the possible crap/germs they could have left behind. However, I recently bought a couple of jeans that would probably fade after one wash. My girlfriend says to just wear them and not worry about washing them until they need to be. Yet, I'm still a little apprehensive. I've been thinking about what to do with these jeans for about 2 weeks now. To wash, or not to wash? That is the question

lol.

wash jeans?

you mean dry clean?

no. your special parts are covered by your underwear... so you should be straight.

and who really tries on jeans?

Originally Posted by moe200069

Sup NT,Sorry if this question has been asked many times over, just been bothering the hell out of me as of late. Let's say you go to the mall, try on a pair of jeans, and decide to buy them. When you go home, do yall tend to wash them first before wearing them for an extended period of time? In the past, I've always washed my jeans after buying them mainly because I've thought about other dudes trying on my jeans prior to me buying them and all the possible crap/germs they could have left behind. However, I recently bought a couple of jeans that would probably fade after one wash. My girlfriend says to just wear them and not worry about washing them until they need to be. Yet, I'm still a little apprehensive. I've been thinking about what to do with these jeans for about 2 weeks now. To wash, or not to wash? That is the question

wear underwear and spray the crotch area with fabreeze.

working at macys, i made sure not to get the jeans/shirts that has a CRL sticker on them (returns). and not to get the jeans that were on top. the ones that were the most wrinkled were the ones that other dudes tried on, threw on the shelf, or just left them in the dressing room.

but i still let my jeans soak in the tub though before wearing

i never wash my jeans after i first buy them. Maybe after 3 to 4 wears but that also depends if i see stains or not

I always wear them at least once before washing my jeans I just bought. To think about it most people dont even try on jeans anymore because everyone knows their size. I can also see where u are coming from tho thinking about the few people who do. like i said tho i always wear mines before a wash.

thanks for the tips/pointers/responses folks.  much appreciated

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

This is NT.

We don't wash our jeans for a year
laugh.gif
grimey dudes

ChampionEdition wrote:

i always gotta try on my jeans; oftentimes they look like a good fit coming off the rack, but end up being way too baggy or long.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

no. your special parts are covered by your underwear... so you should be straight.

I agree on the not having to worry about other's junk touching the jeans, but what's so questionable about trying on jeans?

I have to b/c I'm sort of between sizes and obviously brands differ in sizing

Originally Posted by Dakingii

i never wash my jeans after i first buy them. Maybe after 3 to 4 wears but that also depends if i see stains or not
This. As for trying on, I would only try them to see how it fits unless I already own the same fit. All jeans fit differently.

Naw, I don't wash them before I wear them. I could see how somebody could be creeped out about other cats trying them on though. If it bothers you that much, just take them to the dry cleaners before the first wear. Shouldn't be more than 7 or 8 bones.

I've gotta say, not washing your clothes is nasty.  NT or not,
smh.gif
.  Next people are gonna say they don't shower and use deoderant.

A lot of you guys must have it easy not trying on jeans....I got some huge legs from years of football and hockey...so some jeans I cant wear because the legs are to small....

back to the topic at hand, no I dont wash my jeans when I first buy them, but I also have them tailored before I wear them, so my tailor might clean them some how....

Back
Top Bottom