Week 11 USA Today/AP Polls (BCS Later Tonight)

OSU dropped 7 spots?
laugh.gif
Please get a playoff system.
frown.gif

I think 1-2-3 is entirely on point. As much as we were complaining about the top of the rankings earlier in the season, its's working itself out.

i see KU losing to Missouri, setting up an OU/Mizzou rematch in the Big 12 title game. the winner of that might jump Oregon, but i really don't think theyshould. the Big 12 is definitely not a stronger conference than the Pac-10 this year and Oregon shouldn't be penalized for not having to win that extragame.

"winner of that might jump Oregon"

Why does nobody think Oregon can jump LSU? They are so close its not funny.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

i see KU losing to Missouri, setting up an OU/Mizzou rematch in the Big 12 title game. the winner of that might jump Oregon, but i really don't think they should. the Big 12 is definitely not a stronger conference than the Pac-10 this year and Oregon shouldn't be penalized for not having to win that extra game.
I don't think Oregon should be jumped by a one-loss Oklahoma or Missouri either, but it's definately not because the Pac10 is clearly betterthan the BigXii this year...Comparing Oregon, ASU, USC and Cal to Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas there's not a clear difference, imo...And the restof the two conferences is pretty average on both sides... Still don't think Oregon should be penalized for not having that extra game, though...Butthat's how it goes. It's cost teams before and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

^ i still feel that the Pac-10 is definitely a better conference, but i agree with everything else you said.

Why does nobody think Oregon can jump LSU? They are so close its not funny.

LSU still has the SEC championship game to go through, and they'll face either UGA or Tennessee. Oregon doesn't have another possible"quality" win left on their schedule.

It's cost teams before and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

As an Oregon fan...I know this all too well.

smh.gif
at BCS in 2001. Hopefully I won't have to about BCS 2007

yea oregon has no possibility to jump somone and im an oregon fan. oregon state and arizona will not cause people to rank higher . especially with the gameslsu still has to play.

if kansas beats missouri AND OK, they deserve to jump after beating 4 and 6. even tho it is the big12.

oregon prolly wont lose the rest of the way. so they prolly will stay number 2 rest of the way cuz lsu and kansas have ough remaining schedules. lsu still hasconference championship and kansas has the two. i doubt kansas will stay undefeated but if it does happen they deserve to jump oregon.

We win Saturday, we go to the Rose Bowl...I was hoping for more, but expectations weren't very high this year, so a trip to Pasadena would be nice.

I still don't like the fact that VTech, Hawaii and Texas are ahead of us. Things will slowly work themselves out. I'm glad BC is falling, they are finally getting exposed.

You lost to Stanford, barely beat Arizona and haven't beaten anybody that great. We haven't beaten anybody that great either but we didnt lose toStanford. That's why we're slightly above you.

I hate to say it but I feel like even if we win out you guys will jump us just because you're USC
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at alot of responses in here, "pac-10 better than big XII"
laugh.gif
"even tho its the big XII"
laugh.gif

4 of the top 6 scoring teams are big XII

All teams are weak this year anyway, ALL

You lost to Stanford, barely beat Arizona and haven't beaten anybody that great. We haven't beaten anybody that great either but we didnt lose to Stanford. That's why we're slightly above you.

I hate to say it but I feel like even if we win out you guys will jump us just because you're USC
Let's look at the losses, sure we lost to Stanford, I know, Stanford, yes, Stanford. I get it. However, we did lose to the #2 team in thecountry in a game that could have gone either way. Despite the loss, we looked very good against Oregon.

VTech has played the #2 team in the country twice this season. They promptly got blown out by LSU, 48-7, and they lost to BC in the last two minutes. Now BCisn't looking too good with back to back losses.

So yes, we lost to Stanford, but we haven't got blown out. Plus a win against Cal in Berkeley will boost our stock. Just like that win against Clemsonwill boost yours. I still think VTech shouldn't be ranked ahead. Yes, I know, we lost to Stanford.

^what's so wrong about that? yes, they lost to stanford, i know...stanford. yes, stanford. that's embarrassing. but they played well against oregon,and seem to be hitting their stride again. and they just beat a very good top 25-caliber underachieving Cal team (tho they should thank Longshore). if theybeat ASU and Oregon plays in the NC you'll definitely be seeing that USC-Ohio State Rose Bowl (assuming OSU beats Mich of course)

Rank TEAM Harris Votes % of 2800 USA Today Votes % of 1500 Computer % of 100 points BCS Average
1 LSU 2742 0.9793 1457 0.9713 0.990 0.9802
2 Oregon 2651 0.9468 1407 0.9380 0.930 0.9383
3 Kansas 2498 0.8921 1344 0.8960 0.940 0.9094
4 Oklahoma 2580 0.9214 1366 0.9107 0.730 0.8540
5 Missouri 2248 0.8029 1194 0.7960 0.830 0.8096
6 West Va 2278 0.8136 1238 0.8253 0.720 0.7863
7 Ohio State 2100 0.7500 1145 0.7633 0.810 0.7744
8 Arizona St 1919 0.6854 1042 0.6947 0.870 0.7500
9 Georgia 1840 0.6571 1005 0.6700 0.690 0.6724
10 Va Tech 1665 0.5946 923 0.6153 0.630 0.6133
11 USC 1561 0.5575 814 0.5427 0.480 0.5267
12 Florida 1335 0.4768 686 0.4573 0.580 0.5047
13 Texas 1639 0.5854 844 0.5627 0.250 0.4660
14 Virginia 973 0.3475 547 0.3647 0.510 0.4074
15 Clemson 985 0.3518 548 0.3653 0.460 0.3924
16 Hawaii 1641 0.5861 842 0.5613 0.010 0.3858
17 Boston Coll 928 0.3314 505 0.3367 0.420 0.3627
18 Boise St 1052 0.3757 556 0.3707 0.040 0.2621
19 Illinois 542 0.1936 271 0.1807 0.360 0.2447
20 Tennessee 655 0.2339 306 0.2040 0.280 0.2393
21 Michigan 440 0.1571 259 0.1727 0.230 0.1866
22 Cincinnati 373 0.1332 163 0.1087 0.310 0.1840
23 Kentucky 526 0.1879 304 0.2027 0.130 0.1735
24 Connecticut 239 0.0854 103 0.0687 0.290 0.1480
25 Wisconsin 393 0.1404 226 0.1507 0.070 0.1203
nerd.gif
How did you get the rankings to chart out like that?
laugh.gif
Hawaii getting jumped...

Smh @ USC still being in the top 25 period. They should of been dropped out the ranking period after losing to Stanford. They just continue to get overratedbecause of their past accomplishments, they truly suck this year, they struggle just to score 20 points nowadays.
laugh.gif
****ty!*#* team period..

Smh @ USC still being in the top 25 period. They should of been dropped out the ranking period after losing to Stanford. They just continue to get overrated because of their past accomplishments, they truly suck this year, they struggle just to score 20 points nowadays.
laugh.gif
****ty!*#* team period..
*Ignore List*

Way to gain some credibility Mr. 2 Post.

VTech has played the #2 team in the country twice this season. They promptly got blown out by LSU, 48-7, and they lost to BC in the last two minutes. Now BC isn't looking too good with back to back losses.

So yes, we lost to Stanford, but we haven't got blown out. Plus a win against Cal in Berkeley will boost our stock. Just like that win against Clemson will boost yours. I still think VTech shouldn't be ranked ahead. Yes, I know, we lost to Stanford.

I sort of look at our loss to LSU earlier in the year the same way you probably look at your loss to Stanford: it was an anomoly. Do I think we would beat LSUif we played them again down in Baton Rouge? No. But our offensive line was decimated back then, and Glennon was getting no time to throw whatsover. Our defesewent out and played about the worst fundamental football possible. Also Tyrod had had hardly any practice time at all and we just threw him to the wolves downthere. If we played them again we'd probably still lose, but by a much more respectable score. Say 27-14 or something.

Now look at USC and Stanford. If you two played again, we all know 99% of everyone on here would put their money on USC. Stanford just happened to catch youguys sleeping and pulled off the upset.

As far as our BC loss, I truly believe we would have handily won that game if Tyrod had been healthy. I don't know the exact number of times Glennon eithertook a sack or ran for a short gain, but you have to figure Tyrod would have turned a lot of those into big gains or first downs, or maybe more. Also ifanybody watched our game against FSU you would see that Tyrod throws a better ball than Glennon does as well. Either way we really choked that game away and wehad no business losing it.

All in all I'm pretty happy to be in the 10 spot. If we win out we can maybe creep up a little bit to 8th or 7th and get a nice BCS bowl. If we had beatenBC perhaps we'd still be in the championship picture, but I don't think we're good enough to contend for a championship to be honest. So thingssort themselves out.

USC is still way too high. After the Stanford, they didnt drop far enough. USC fans keep saying, we beat Cal, and we ran with Oregon, that doesnt doesnt changethe fact that as 41 point favorites you lost at home to a team that is 3-7 and was playing with their backup QB. Nothing you can say can changes that fact. USCis only still around because of their reputation, USC has beaten nobody. Wins over Nebraska and Cal really dont count for much seeing how both of them arestruggling to play in a bowl game and Nebraska has a losing record. The only other win against a team with a winning record is Oregon St. But they are supposedto be ahead of Va Tech.....
laugh.gif
........get outta here.

Other than that the top 5 is pretty dead on. I still think that in the end...If LSU and Oregon win out, Oregon is gonna get jumped by the Big 12 Champion comeDecember. But I think the fans want to see an Oregon-LSU title game.

We are firmly in control of our situation. All we have to do is keeping doing what we have been doing all year long. I won't even begin to start to talkabout Missouri or OU until we beat Iowa State.

As far as our BC loss, I truly believe we would have handily won that game if Tyrod had been healthy. I don't know the exact number of times Glennon either took a sack or ran for a short gain, but you have to figure Tyrod would have turned a lot of those into big gains or first downs, or maybe more. Also if anybody watched our game against FSU you would see that Tyrod throws a better ball than Glennon does as well. Either way we really choked that game away and we had no business losing it.
You can't really blame it on Glennon. You guys had a 14 point lead and stopped rushing the QB. I couldn't understand the hype when MattRyan brought BC back. It is easy to throw when you only have 3 guys chasing you. Sadly, with VTechs forte being defense and the fact that you guys wereplaying at home, Beamer and the DC were to blame for playing a Prevent defense (That +$%% don't work!).

USC is still way too high. After the Stanford, they didnt drop far enough. USC fans keep saying, we beat Cal, and we ran with Oregon, that doesnt doesnt change the fact that as 41 point favorites you lost at home to a team that is 3-7 and was playing with their backup QB. Nothing you can say can changes that fact. USC is only still around because of their reputation, USC has beaten nobody.

They were #2 and they dropped 7-9 spots (depending on the poll). No Top 5 team falls out unless they lose to a D1AA team. Stanford is not a D1AA team,although they play like one sometimes. Oklahoma lost to Colorado which is terrible and look at them now, they are sitting at #3. Even Michigan climbed backup ahead of us last week (#12), despite their loss to Appy State and they are still in line for a BCS berth if they beat Ohio State. Boise State is creepingback up and they lost to a bottom dwelling Pac 10 team (Washington). Not to make excuses, but our team took a dump against Stanford since our QB was playingwith a broken finger, a mistake even Pete Carroll acknowledged. Where would you drop them?

Florida? They have three losses
Texas? 2 losses, a bunch of close games. They lost to Kansas State, a team that got hammered by Nebraska.
Virginia? Lost to Wyoming and NC State
Clemson?

Sure they were a 41 point underdog, but if you rank teams based on betting lines alone then a lot of teams wouldn't be in the order they are in. Youcan't have tunnel vision when it comes to college football.

If you are going to make a statement like that, state your reason and/or solution. Is USC what it was before? No. Is there any team behind them that deservesto be ahead? I don't think so. I don't even think VTech should be ahead and I stated my case. I see no reason why USC should be ahead of Georgia,WVU, etc.

We are firmly in control of our situation. All we have to do is keeping doing what we have been doing all year long. I won't even begin to start to talk about Missouri or OU until we beat Iowa State.
#3.......still pretty crazy.

BCS is dumb...college football rankings are dumb...

Oregon is fumble at the goaline away from being undefeated...

LSU is two stupid coaching decesions away from having 3 loses...

Kansas could win out and not be in the Championship game, same goes for Hawaii...

The only reason why LSU is ranked higher than Oregon is because they started higher in the polls...

Stupid system based on perception...that is a great way to decide NCAA Championships...why is it that the most "important" Championship in collegesport is at least partially decided upon by the media? Yet...ALL other NCAA sports are decided on the field/court, etc?

I mean, the coaches and the press really got it right this year..
ohwell.gif

Oregon = unranked preseason
Arizona Stae = unranked preseason
Kansas = unranked preseason

Michigan = #2 preseason
Tennessee = #3 preseason

I am sure there are many more rankings or lack there of that make no sense now...but, those are the ones that jump to mind...

JM

Back
Top Bottom