Welcome To New York City>Empire State Of Mind

cuz jay aint really bring it like that. and she made the song
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Yeezy St Laurent

It took me years to realize that was Just Blaze singing the "Welcome to New York City" hook.
I actually thought it was a sample too
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
damn son im just now finding that out

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

We all kknow that WTNYC is a Camron joint right

With that said I don't know how you compare them

they are fundamentally different

maybe cause it was originally meant for Cam, but thats A JAY SONG. He bodied that (cam as well) but thats Jay's end of story

Originally Posted by jthagreat

AKA King Arthur wrote:

maybe cause it was originally meant for Cam, but thats A JAY SONG. He bodied that (cam as well) but thats Jay's end of story

laugh.gif

This guy.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by Yeezy St Laurent

It took me years to realize that was Just Blaze singing the "Welcome to New York City" hook.
I actually thought it was a sample too
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
damn son im just now finding that out

laugh.gif
Yeah that blew my mind when I found that +!%# out...

But I'm rolling wit ESOM wit this...
I love the Cam joint...but Jays +!%# hit me hard...
Its on its way to becoming the most played song on my i tunes...

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

Yeah ok
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

ESOM is just a better song musically and it is not even close.

LOL Word?
Yes dont get me wrong I love Welcome to NYC but it is not that good of a song. Overall looking at the song musically with production, lyrics on the verses and Alicia killing the hook it is clearly a better son. However, most people here in the music forum will never give something that is new and actually better its props because they would rather hold on to the old nostalgia of the song they love and in turn are not objective when it comes to judging music so I am not surprised at the majority of the responses in here.

na son welcome to NYC is epic..play it at any cookout or basketball game in the hood and you'll see...ESOM is less gritty more commercial IMO

Typical NT Music Forum comment. Just because something is banger or knocks doesn't make it better song. If you know anything about good music and whatmakes a song superior musically you would not say WTNYC is a better song than ESOM. As I said musically it is not even close.

Agreed. ESOM has more star power, and seems like it would give nyers a little more pride, but WTNYC was classic

Back
Top Bottom