Welcome To New York City>Empire State Of Mind

I agree...

To be fair they are two different tracks. One is a commerical anthem thats going to be played for years to come at ball games and such and the other is agutter hood classic.

I prefer Jay's energy and swagger on WTNYC but the last verse on ESOM is dope.

All in all Jay lost a step.

AGREE!

Yes, of course.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

AGREE!
Jigga too corporate now, to make those kinda gritty tracks.

Like can you imagining him making a 22 Two's type track today?

agreed but don't pretend like cam didn't kill it too...and juelz with a nice hook that had power.

welcome to nyc is leagues ahead of esom.

Originally Posted by debs 168

agreed but don't pretend like cam didn't kill it too...and juelz with a nice hook that had power.

welcome to nyc is leagues ahead of esom.

MOST Definitely!! CAM Went IN TOO!

Thought yall was talkin bout the Dips for a min. But in my time I've learned that ppl prefer what they've heard first better than the latter listen.Like mentioned about, they two different tracks w/ the same message, just different vibes. WTNYC is more, Marcy Projects and ESOM is more Times Square

We all kknow that WTNYC is a Camron joint right

With that said I don't know how you compare them

they are fundamentally different

Kind of off topic but why did call it empire state of mind? Isn't that biting nas' new york state of mind? Never really been a big jay fan so excuse myignorance.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

ESOM is just a better song musically and it is not even close.

LOL Word?
Yes dont get me wrong I love Welcome to NYC but it is not that good of a song. Overall looking at the song musically with production, lyrics onthe verses and Alicia killing the hook it is clearly a better son. However, most people here in the music forum will never give something that is new andactually better its props because they would rather hold on to the old nostalgia of the song they love and in turn are not objective when it comes to judgingmusic so I am not surprised at the majority of the responses in here.

ESOM is just a better song musically and it is not even close.

LOL Word?
Yes dont get me wrong I love Welcome to NYC but it is not that good of a song. Overall looking at the song musically with production, lyrics on the verses and Alicia killing the hook it is clearly a better son. However, most people here in the music forum will never give something that is new and actually better its props because they would rather hold on to the old nostalgia of the song they love and in turn are not objective when it comes to judging music so I am not surprised at the majority of the responses in here.

na son welcome to NYC is epic..play it at any cookout or basketball game in the hood and you'll see...ESOM is less gritty more commercial IMO

ESOM is Alicia Key's song... She killed that track... I think thats the only reason its gonna be live in game 2 in the Bronx tomm nite.

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

ESOM is Alicia Key's song... She killed that track... I think thats the only reason its gonna be live in game 2 in the Bronx tomm nite.
What reason is that? Because it's A Key's song?

It took me years to realize that was Just Blaze singing the"Welcome to New York City" hook.
I actually thought it was a sample too
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom