WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

So now that people are starting to see the film, let me say my 1 gripe
I was sort of expecting Killmonger to be a bit more,.....professional. I loved his story and background, but for a guy who had saw his pops die, went through so much military training, killed so many people, I didn't expect him to be so....hood/homeboyish. like rolling in to be a king and saying. Whasssup.... Loved his message but come on man. someone who has been through that much military training and wanted to help his people shouldn't have been like that.

Just got back

20180215_222226.jpg

Top 5 for sure, I was thoroughly entertained. Wakanda is so interesting, got me immersed from the beginning.
This movie gave me the same feeling I got after watching Ironman. BP tech is amazing.

Will post more once spoilers are allowed.

Just got out and thought it was dope. TWSand CW are still Top 2 for me though. Initial reaction is that this is Top 5 but I’ll digest this movie tonight.

Not really much to spoil with this novie though, so if feathers are ruffled over anything said, you’re just sensitive.

With that said my only two gripes are

1) Could’ve used more Killmonger
2) Some of the CGI was just too suspect

Donot click on spoiler

-WATERTHOOOSEEEEEE :rofl:
-visually the movie was stunning and how they merged tech with culture was flawless.
-it was incredibly easy to sympathize with Kilmonger, almost to a point where I felt the Wakandas were the villains.
-I have the same gripe as tdogg, Kilmongers personality at times was cringeworthy and killed the mood, **** felt super forced with his ghetto one liners...
-Suri was a standout for me, she was funny, cute, sweet, super smart and I can totally see her becoming a much bigger part of the MCU...thinking about it, what if Tony retires like he does in the comics and hands over the mantle to her? She can def carry out as the new Ironman, specially since it kind of lines up with the comics...
-Seeing Bucky was cool and it would be nice if they spark something between him and Suri down the line.
-I expected much more from Claw..they dumber down his character too much.

^Oh yeah I forgot about that. Some references, with the exception of Suri, felt forced at times.

Suri > Jarvis

Black Panther is my favorite Marvel movie by a long shot. Coogler concentrated on telling a good story & eveything else fell into place. Some minor critisisms but nothing worth noting. Very very impressed with Cooglers jump from Fruitvale Station to Creed & now Black Panther. Each movie told a solid very linear story. Big action flicks fail too often in telling a good story or even a simple story. They tend to be too convoluted or the story lines get lost.

Last edited:
.....Meanwhile I'm over here scrambling trying to find someone to go with (since my friends suck :smh: )

My pride won't let me go see movies alone. But I MUST see this opening weekend.

GOAT movie of all time? What the **** are you smoking? Lmao it isn’t even the GOAT CBM, movie was dope, but cmon now...cool your engines fellas.

One thing all of these super hero flicks miss (except for Nolan’s Batman flicks) is an iconic soundtrack. That one identifiable song that personifies the action that helps it become iconic... like Stars Wars, Indiana Jones, the original Superman, etc... I liked the BP soundtrack but if Coogler could’ve developed an iconic soundtrack, this movie would’ve been that much more...

One thing all of these super hero flicks miss (except for Nolan’s Batman flicks) is an iconic soundtrack. That one identifiable song that personifies the action that helps it become iconic... like Stars Wars, Indiana Jones, the original Superman, etc... I liked the BP soundtrack but if Coogler could’ve developed an iconic soundtrack, this movie would’ve been that much more...

There were definitely a few Lion King jokes said in jest during some of them. No offense to anyone:lol:

But the Avengers theme is one of best themes out there, unless you’re talking about solo movies.

All these people with black pride clothing for a movie...of all color.

Marvel bringing races together

:lol:

.....Meanwhile I'm over here scrambling trying to find someone to go with (since my friends suck :smh: )

My pride won't let me go see movies alone. But I MUST see this opening weekend.
Nothing wrong with going alone. You can enjoy it more for what it is alone.

I know I am Saturday morning

I just hate sitting next to random #$$ people. I enjoy it better when I'm with people I know, that's part of the experience for me.

But, you guys are persuading me a lil bit. ..... let me order this ticket for 1 seat real quick lol

avengers theme!!? That ish is terrrible. It sounds like music for a made for TV movie. The avengers movies have been terrible in general just hot convaluted messes... Not even worth a capital A. I’m actually tired of seeing robert downey jr ham it up as stark. He’s become stale a la johnny depp just mailing it in collecting a nice check. I’m actuallly not going to bother watching infinity war until it hits on demand.

This is the best written Marvel debut movie and took the #1 spot for me as far as marvel movies.

1. BP
2. CW
3. WS

So now that people are starting to see the film, let me say my 1 gripe
I was sort of expecting Killmonger to be a bit more,.....professional. I loved his story and background, but for a guy who had saw his pops die, went through so much military training, killed so many people, I didn't expect him to be so....hood/homeboyish. like rolling in to be a king and saying. Whasssup.... Loved his message but come on man. someone who has been through that much military training and wanted to help his people shouldn't have been like that.
4ea2acbd69bedded4d00003e-750.jpg

Do not fall for the stereotypical cookie cutter depiction of military trained men and how they're so disciplined and calculating.

Some are dumb ****ups even if they are the best at a particular thing.

Then those that ain't gonna change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom