WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

As a huge X-MEN fan I must say this, I need everyone who supports Erik Killmonger to keep that same energy for the other Erik..

Magneto.

hot-toys-black-panther-erik-killmonger-collectible-figure_pr22.jpg

hot-toys-black-panther-erik-killmonger-collectible-figure_pr4.jpg

hot-toys-black-panther-erik-killmonger-collectible-figure_pr16.jpg

hot-toys-black-panther-erik-killmonger-collectible-figure_pr25.jpg

hot-toys-black-panther-erik-killmonger-collectible-figure_pr13.jpg

hot-toys-black-panther-erik-killmonger-collectible-figure_pr26.jpg

bpht-002.jpg

As a huge X-MEN fan I must say this, I need everyone who supports Erik Killmonger to keep that same energy for the other Erik..

Magneto.

Nah b. My ideal Magneto is full of hate and rage but not bout that constant slaughter lifestyle or that "destroy the world" steez.

Son wants to build a Wakanda for mutants even if it means isolation from the rest of the world (Genosha).

Erik wants the hoods of America (and the world) to make use of dangerous superweapons to commit implied genocide and enslavement of da white man (at least that's how I took it).

A more apt comparison would be Ultimate Magneto who I always thought was unnecessarily psychopathic

If I wasn't black then this movie would have easily been top 3 in the MCU. Up there with Winter Soldier and Avengers 1, but because of its impact on me as a black man its definitely the best movie in the MCU for me.

What I dont like when I come in here is someone saying this is an average or decent movie at best, its like they are trying to downplay the momentum and the importance of this movie. It also reeks of racism in my mind and chances are 95% of the people who dont like the movie are not black.

Iron Man 1, Guardians 1, and Avenger: Age of Ultron, Spider-man Homecoming all are great films, none of them are in my top 5 in the MCU but I will never come in here and say they are average at best.

I see some of yall comments in here and its starting to upset me
Just because you're black and relate to the movie doesn't mean you can discredit the opinion of anyone else who isn't black or didn't like the movie as much. It's called an opinion for a reason lol

I'm black and I know the importance of the movie, I've talked to plenty of people about the impact of the movie but the movie itself isn't a better movie than A1, WS lol

If it upsets you, you're looking way to hard it at lol

Magneto is just as ruthless if not more
I can't speak for comic book magneto but based on the cartoons and the movies Magneto could've killed the xmen many times over but didn't. If Magneto was just like Killmonger he would just kill Charles when he's not expecting it like Killmonger did with his 'allies'

Nah, Magneto doesn't seem as bad as Killmonger, like he doesn't kill if necessary especially mutants.

With Kilmonger, feels like he didn't really have to kill Klaw and could have brought him alive to W'Kabi. I guess that was his plan all along and maybe kill him in front of W'Kabi but he did make it seem like he didn't even know how to get to Wakanda by asking Klaw to bring him there it the first place.

What I dont like when I come in here is someone saying this is an average or decent movie at best, its like they are trying to downplay the momentum and the importance of this movie. It also reeks of racism in my mind and chances are 95% of the people who dont like the movie are not black.

I understand where you're coming from, and that definitely is an issue with a lot of people seeing the film. BUT that's a harsh generalization of people who didn't like the film or thought it was okay at best. At the end of the day, if you're not black, you'll take the movie for it's face value - as a movie. A large percentage of movie goers for this film weren't black. It has no cultural significance to them. Alot of them are CBM or Marvel fans. Most loved it, some did not. Does it mean they're racist? Of course not. Does it happen though? Absolutely. But to sit there and accuse people of being racist because it's not their cup of tea or if they genuinely did not vibe with the movie is pretty damn ignorant.

It's the same case with millennial snowflakes screaming sexual harassment just because some men came on to them and they didn't like it. It's becoming counter intuitive and is not helping the cause. It's just crying wolf and de-valuing the actual victims of sexual assault or harassment. It's the same with racism. Not everyone who didn't like this movie is out to tear this movie down to downplay it's significance. Yes, there will be a bunch of that. I'm not that naive to say there is no malice in some of the negative reviews. But a lot of that as well, are DC fanboys who down vote the movie on review sites. And there are people who genuinely didn't like the movie.

I'm not black, it doesn't have a tie to me personally, but I understand why this is important for some people and why it has a cultural impact on the black community. I thought the movie was a solid 7.5-8/10. That's a pretty good movie for me, but I personally feel, AS A MOVIE, it's over rated. So according to you and other sensitive forum members in here, I guess that means I'm racist. Who are you or anyone else to decide what has racial motives on the internet without actually reading something racist.

Last edited:
in those clips, Magneto had to kill dude to escape

I don't think he technically killed anyone in that bridge, at least on on purpose

even int he comics, his killings have been mostly due to circumstance either a retaliation or it stood in front of his goals or to save other mutants

Which four movies would you say are better? And why?

1 Winter Soldier, IMO was a much more layered film, action was A1 pretty much throughout the whole film, not much reliance on CGI, extremely well directed, IMO the best MCU film to date still

2 Avengers it’s a classic, the first time all these heroes came together as a team and proved the formula worked so that the MCU could continue on, one of the best villains in the MCU

3 GOTG1 because of how fearless it was to tap into an obscure group of CB characters and turn them mainstream, it was very funny, which is one of my gripes with BP where most of its humor falls flat on its face....one of the only times I’ve been blown away by a 3D viewing.

4 Iron Man opened up the floodgates for this genre, one that had otherwise been rather corny and lackluster years before....is the foundation of the MCU.

Is put BP right after IM1 that’s leaving out Logan, Deadpool and TDK which to me are also better, just not part of the MCU

Fassbenders Mags is an amazing character...had Feige gotten the X-men before he did the Avengers, we would have such a wild X-men universe....

X-men >>>> Avengers

1 Winter Soldier, IMO was a much more layered film, action was A1 pretty much throughout the whole film, not much reliance on CGI, extremely well directed, IMO the best MCU film to date still

2 Avengers it’s a classic, the first time all these heroes came together as a team and proved the formula worked so that the MCU could continue on, one of the best villains in the MCU

3 GOTG1 because of how fearless it was to tap into an obscure group of CB characters and turn them mainstream, it was very funny, which is one of my gripes with BP where most of its humor falls flat on its face....one of the only times I’ve been blown away by a 3D viewing.

4 Iron Man opened up the floodgates for this genre, one that had otherwise been rather corny and lackluster years before....is the foundation of the MCU.

Is put BP right after IM1 that’s leaving out Logan, Deadpool and TDK which to me are also better, just not part of the MCU

Pretty much my list, although BP might bump back IM1. I have to give this a second viewing though.

I got a disagree with Deadpool though. I only liked it because we FINALLY got a Deadpool movie, but after a second watch, it wasn't that great :lol:

Logan and TDK are top tier CBMs for me though.

Grant Morrison's Magneto was explicitly marching New York humans into gas chambers until someone else retconned that into being Xorn.

Magneto as a character kind of represents the sliding scale of revolution vs. terrorism. Movie Mags and Ultimate Mags certainly fall on the more extreme end of that scale, especially in X1 and X2

Killmonger (this new "Wakandan prince from Oakland" version) doesn't have the benefit of decades of alternate interpretations to draw upon.

The original Killmonger was a man who was slighted and became wicked, and this movie version is equally as wicked to me.

But I would have liked to seen a more productive development of this character whether it meant he became more villanous or more heroic.

The Wakanda setting becomes more dynamic when you have an acknowledged prince in the narrative who can go either way in terms of the nation's future challenges in the MCU.

Wakanda/Africa as the foremost setting should drive future installments, and disunity should be the theme of the next BP movie. Not every Wakandan should be okay with this new "help the world" Wakanda, and Erik could have capitalized on that were he alive and imprisoned.

But Marvel can't help killing their villains in the first movie :smh:

Last edited:
Fassbenders Mags is an amazing character...had Feige gotten the X-men before he did the Avengers, we would have such a wild X-men universe....

X-men >>>> Avengers

but then we wouldn't have an epic 10year run of the mcu...

i feel like it is fate that now we've gotten 10 yrs of MCU and then the next 10 years will include the XMen and F4

after thinking about it, I wouldn't have it any other way just because I just do not believe the character in MCU now would flourish had Marvel/Disney had the xmen/f4/spidey right from the get go

What does Magneto killing a random guard and levitating a bridge have to do with anything.

Oh I guess nobody was hurt. My bad.

It’s one of the single most significant events of the X-Men movie timeline — in many ways, it’s the “9/11” of the cinematic universe — since this attack changes everything, and seems to cause the mutant/human escalation that eventually results in the post-apocalyptic Days of Future Past.Consider the scale of this for a moment. Forget that the X-Men intervened to save the day, or that Wolverine stopped Jean Grey from blowing up the entire city, because the news media and general public wouldn’t know any of that stuff. What they would know is that the most wanted man on the planet had just destroyed a national landmark in the name of war — most likely killing thousands.

i feel like it is fate that now we've gotten 10 yrs of MCU and then the next 10 years will include the XMen and F4

after thinking about it, I wouldn't have it any other way just because I just do not believe the character in MCU now would flourish had Marvel/Disney had the xmen/f4/spidey right from the get go

Yeah I can agree with this....a sacrifice that had to be made, I hope when the cleansing of the X-men goes through they do keep some of the X-men actors, specifically Fassbender and McAvoy....recast everyone else since they are pretty forgeattable anyways and get rid of Lawrence...also bring back Jackman at least once in a flashback at the least for fam service, then carry on with x23

True enough. I didn't think the Avengers/Infinity War would happen if Marvel had those other rights. The Avengers weren't super popular before the MCU. Iron Man was created and conceptualized before Marvel Studios inception IIRC. I think they took a shot in the dark with spare Marvel characters that they had rights to and they hit paydirt big time. Because really, no one cared about Iron Man, let alone guys like Thor or Ant-Man. The money makers were X-Men and Spidey. At least when I was a kid in the 90s, Spidey and X-Men were the most popular comics to buy and trade. And the TV shows were the GOAT

If I wasn't black then this movie would have easily been top 3 in the MCU. Up there with Winter Soldier and Avengers 1, but because of its impact on me as a black man its definitely the best movie in the MCU for me.

Iron Man 1, Guardians 1, and Avenger: Age of Ultron, Spider-man Homecoming all are great films, none of them are in my top 5 in the MCU but I will never come in here and say they are average at best.

I see some of yall comments in here and its starting to upset me
I’d recommend keeping those emotions in check if they are going to cause you to start calling out others “blackness” or lack of “blackness” as if you are in a position to do that. (Read: You are not.)

Folks can like or not like a movie. That is their opinion and they are entitled to having one that is unique to them.

Unless someone explicitly states a racist reason for not liking the movie they deserve to not be called racist.

Different things in different movies will touch people in different ways. For example with the movies you mentioned, I’m sure my feelings on those will be different than many here.

Iron Man 1 - I had low expectations, but the first scenes with RDJr it was like they found a real life Tony Stark. THe suits were beyond what I could imagine for a movie. Thought the villain felt like a bit of an afterthought. Overall an amazing movie to me. Set the right tone for the next decade.

Guardians 1 - Thought Marvel was out of their mind pulling some obscure characters that 99% of general public had never heard of and making a full length movie of their own. No expectations. Blew me away. Enjoyable movie. Enjoyable cast.

AoU - High expectations. Lots of recognizable characters. Globe spanning story arc. Really like old man Spader. Villain felt monotonous to me. IMO even though the content of the movie is huge in the MCU overall story it felt a little flat. I might have had unrealistic expectations to begin with.

Spider-Man - Even though Spidey is tops in Marvel the movies have failed to get me excited for them. Most of them I’ve gone to see after they’ve been out for a month, because this one was MCU went opening night. Nothing I could complain about. When I think about it I still feel meh..lol.

BP was a great movie. Cast was amazing. One of the few superhero movies that didn’t oversexualize the females. Felt like an ensemble even though there was a titular character. Probably more great filmmaking than most of the other Marvel movies. My only complaint was MBJ imo showing convincing anger. Just felt like a lot of yelling. To some here it was the greatest virtuoso performance ever. Not going to tell them they are wrong. That is what they saw. We get to feel how we feel. We can discuss it maturely. We aren’t obligated to agree.

TLDR -show respect to other poster’s opinions without belittling or thinking you have the right to categorize them.

NT has long promoted open discussions, but does not tolerate going at fellow members in a personal manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom