WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

hot toys coming with that work

28279185_10155290769337344_2522772889985337757_n.jpg

28378386_10155290769037344_4041769399146850368_n.jpg

28279767_10155290768757344_1179663542404924686_n.jpg

28058871_10155290769437344_7156307995490382379_n.jpg

:rofl: ..
He said you must be young then said <26... :rofl:
So you're irresponsible....
Money don't sleep young man....
Grinding ain't got time for naps.
Bruh ain't you posted one time that you can't go to movies as late as 8pm cuz you might fall asleep :rofl:

:rofl:,
cuz im old...
I wake up at 4 every morning. try to get to bed by 11p.m 12 a.m. every night.
Hit the work out twice, job, some volunteer stuff, studying. lol so yes.. it was a 9 p.m. movie. lol I couldnt be bothered staying up til 11:30 to get home on a school night.
It's not a nap it's goign to bed to be ready for the next day.

Didn't really see the villain in Killmonger until he choked up the old granny for questioning burning the orb garden, that was kinda effed up :lol: I do understand how he was a product of his environment and circumstances tho.

We're supposed to sympathize with Killmonger's background and origins but not justify, excuse, or rationalize his actions

He's a villain and murderer

We're supposed to sympathize with Killmonger's background and origins but not justify, excuse, or rationalize his actions

He's a villain and murderer
You have to sympathize with KMs background and origins. The suffering and oppression of people outside Wakanda was central to the story. KM had similar motivation as King Arthur but turned out way different...

Black Panther is thee most overrated film in cinema history

i said it

:rofl:

As a film alone, yes it has been blown a bit out of proportion, calling it the GOAT of All CBMs and some even saying the best film of all time period...like I said, as a film within this genre it makes top 5 as I can name least 4 marvel films that are better.

Now if you step back and look at it as more than just a film, I can totally understand why it’s gotten the praise it has, aside from being a good film, it’s more than a movie, it’s a cultural milestone and no one can take it away, The movie portrayed African culture in a stunning way, it displayed its African American actors in positions of power and grace, SPECIALLY the women which was beautiful, it pretty much gave white Hollywood the middle finger, for that alone it makes it one of the most important films of all time.

Went to go see it again last night for the second time. What do you guys think BP2 will be about since both Klaue and KM are dead?

:rofl:

As a film alone, yes it has been blown a bit out of proportion, calling it the GOAT of All CBMs and some even saying the best film of all time period...like I said, as a film within this genre it makes top 5 as I can name least 4 marvel films that are better.

Now if you step back and look at it as more than just a film, I can totally understand why it’s gotten the praise it has, aside from being a good film, it’s more than a movie, it’s a cultural milestone and no one can take it away, The movie portrayed African culture in a stunning way, it displayed its African American actors in positions of power and grace, SPECIALLY the women which was beautiful, it pretty much gave white Hollywood the middle finger, for that alone it makes it one of the most important films of all time.

agreed from a historical standpoint but it really is just a mediocre movie. costumes and CGI werent anything to write home about it. coulda seen this in theatres a decade ago and visually it wouldve been very similar

chadwick was underwhelming

the fact that a civilization as advanced as Wakandas most effective weapon was chuckin spears....

Black Panther is thee most overrated film in cinema history

i said it

This movie means a lot of things to a lot of people. Just watch the various cast and director interviews and you can see that. Is it The Godfather? No. End of the day it's a fantasy/science fiction/comic movie. But for people who live in a sheithole country, with a shiethole president, surrounded by his army of white supremacist uruk hai...a little escapism for 2 hrs where black people are winning and not having to put up with all this real life nonsense means a little bit of something

This movie means a lot of things to a lot of people. Just watch the various cast and director interviews and you can see that. Is it The Godfather? No. End of the day it's a fantasy/science fiction/comic movie. But for people who live in a sheithole country, with a shiethole president, surrounded by his army of white supremacist uruk hai...a little escapism for 2 hrs where black people are winning and not having to put up with all this real life nonsense means a little bit of something

Exactly the way I see it, you have to understand that if you are not black, the movie wasn’t meant for you and it’s not supposed to touch you as deep as it would someone who is.

im black, i had to force myself to stay awake.

Damn...kind of sucks you can’t appreciate the cultural impact and meaning of the film then...I know if Marvel showcased a Latino superhero with such class, grace and power, I’d be super hyped even if the film as a whole wasn’t all that great....I don’t even think T’challa Was meant to be the focus of the movie, I think the focus was the empowerment of black women, the beauty of African culture and the underlying message of how white supremacy has purged blacks for centuries.

Saw it last night. Lots of thoughts about this movie. Will go in depth later.

77% from me if we using Roten Tomatoes metrics. 6/8 on NT’s metrics. 7.5/10 on a 10pt grading scale.

I definitely felt Killmonger’s vision much more so than T’Challa’s idealistic vision in this movie. Particularly since Killmonger has traveled the world and seen oppressed peoples all over....and seen exactly what the “Colonizers” and “Oppressors” have and will continue to do. While T’Challa grew up in an isolationist ethno state designed to particularly keep the knowledge and technology away from the Colonziers in fear of what they’d do once they possessed it.

Would go more into this in detail later....but if Killmonger was more strategic, less power hungry and bloodthirsty....he’d be the one to lead a global oppressed peoples liberation.

Lastly....the movie felt really campy at times. I understand it had to have that feel for a universal audience....but they brought the cheese out a lil too much for my liking.

Also the concept of Wakandans killing each other to protect white people.....I’ll touch on that later.

Sheriff Clark is black, Stacy Dash is black, Jason Whitlock is black, Larry Elder is black. What does that mean? Saying "I'm black" isn't necessarly saying you're Black.
you sound ignorant. was my dasjiki not authentic enough?

as if the amount of uniquely black culture u assimilate defines your blackness and allows you to better understand a movie that exploits your desire to see black excellence.

it wasnt a good movie. period.

its hillarious to me to hear white ppl give their takes and voluntarily submit that they probably dont get it like you do as if it was even a remotely "deep" film. its powerful subject matter. whack movie

Back
Top Bottom