WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

BP in the top 5?

naw, i just dont see it
it was good, it wasnt that damn good

IM1
Cap 2 WS
Cap 3 CW
Guardians
Avengers
Spiderman Homecoming

BP aint better than any of those

like i said previously BP is a second tier origin movie. first tier is IM1 and Homecoming. third tier would be like Ant Man
How is Homecoming an origin movie?

I'm very disappointed that IW is only 2.5 hours long. Yea it makes it the longest running mcu movie but it's actually not that much longer than the number 2 movie...

How it not at least 3 hours long :rolleyes

I like Homecoming, but top 3? Top 3 villain yeah, but top3 MCU film? In my Russell Westbrook voice "y'all trippin".

its the first MCU Spiderman

its was Marvels intro to the character for those that dont know
That doesn't make it an origin movie. Also Spidey doesn't really need an intro for characters that don't know. Its why they didnt bother to do an actual origin movie and had him be Spidey for awhile already.

An origin movie has to contain the heroes origin.

That's like calling the Incredible Hulk an origin movie.

Dr. Strange, IM1, Ant-Man, Thor, First Avenger, GotG are origin movies.

When I think about it more Black Panther isn't an origin movie at all either. At best an origin of him becoming king. He been BP the same way Peter was Spidey in the MCU universe before Civil War.

Like Captain Marvel is most likely gonna be an origin movie but Black Widow most likely won't.

There aren't more ppl like me that's disappointed that IW is not three hours?

*edited

Well after looking it up there's a chance that running time is just a placeholder because they are still editing.

*edited

It's a theater in the Philippines reporting that run time. Ain't nothing official yet.

Last edited:
That doesn't make it an origin movie. Also Spidey doesn't really need an intro for characters that don't know. Its why they didnt bother to do an actual origin movie and had him be Spidey for awhile already.

An origin movie has to contain the heroes origin.

That's like calling the Incredible Hulk an origin movie.

Dr. Strange, IM1, Ant-Man, Thor, First Avenger, GotG are origin movies.

When I think about it more Black Panther isn't an origin movie at all either. At best an origin of him becoming king. He been BP the same way Peter was Spidey in the MCU universe before Civil War.

to a comic book person yes

to the average movie person
(...who make up most of the movie revenue)

theres a lot of things they dont know and to them its an origin movie

*shrug*

to a comic book person yes

to the average movie person
(...who make up most of the movie revenue)

theres a lot of things they dont know and to them its an origin movie

*shrug*
To an average movie goer I'm pretty sure they're not calling this an origin movie.

I don't even think this has to do with comic fans and casual movie goers.

Just the word origin. A movie introducing a character doesnt make it an origin movie.

Wow. The avengers numbers are impressive.

Considering it was 6 years ago and they only had 12am showings. Not at seven. And only like 6 characters.

I don’t think anyone thought it was going to be that huge.

Went to see Black Panther again but this time in IMAX and it is definitely one of the better Marvel movies from top to bottom.
The movie is so consistent, most like because of Ryan Coogler as the director, but on the second viewing i noticed 1 glaring hole.

Once Killmonger is up in the Throne room, (only bc he brought Klaue to W'kabi) why didn't T'Challa bring up the fact that Killmonger stole Klaue from him in the first place. It would make Killmonger's intentions of gaining admission to Wakanda seem tainted, and it would most likely alleviate or even resolve the tension between T'Challa and W'Kabi. Obviously that would ruin the battle between tribes at the very end, but the ceremonial battle between T'Challa and Killmonger would have most likely still happened, mainly bc of T'Challa's regret for the actions of his father. The story would have gone on (nearly) the same with Killmonger militarizing his war dogs, but the end would have been a battle soley between T'Challa and Killmonger. If done right it could have been more epic for both character moving forward, of course it could have gone both way and been lame AF.
Edit: Actually W'Kabi could have had his battle against tribes depending on how you spun it and it would make his intentions of submitting to Okoye seem more honest and justified.

Last edited:
Went to see Black Panther again but this time in IMAX and it is definitely one of the better Marvel movies from top to bottom.
The movie is so consistent, most like because of Ryan Coogler as the director, but on the second viewing i noticed 1 glaring hole.

Once Killmonger is up in the Throne room, (only bc he brought Klaue to W'kabi) why didn't T'Challa bring up the fact that Killmonger stole Klaue from him in the first place. It would make Killmonger's intentions of gaining admission to Wakanda seem tainted, and it would most likely alleviate or even resolve the tension between T'Challa and W'Kabi. Obviously that would ruin the battle between tribes at the very end, but the ceremonial battle between T'Challa and Killmonger would have most likely still happened, mainly bc of T'Challa's regret for the actions of his father. The story would have gone on the (nearly) same with Killmonger militarizing his war dogs, but the end would have been a battle soley between T'Challa and Killmonger. If done right it could have been more epic for both character moving forward, of course it could have gone both way and been lame AF.

T'Challa was trying to keep Killmonger's identity a secret. In revealing how their mission failed it would eventually have to come out who he was anyway.

To an average movie goer I'm pretty sure they're not calling this an origin movie.

I don't even think this has to do with comic fans and casual movie goers.

Just the word origin. A movie introducing a character doesnt make it an origin movie.

i just dont think people think of it that way.

i get what you’re saying though.

Once Killmonger is up in the Throne room, (only bc he brought Klaue to W'kabi) why didn't T'Challa bring up the fact that Killmonger stole Klaue from him in the first place. It would make Killmonger's intentions of gaining admission to Wakanda seem tainted, and it would most likely alleviate or even resolve the tension between T'Challa and W'Kabi. Obviously that would ruin the battle between tribes at the very end, but the ceremonial battle between T'Challa and Killmonger would have most likely still happened, mainly bc of T'Challa's regret for the actions of his father. The story would have gone on (nearly) the same with Killmonger militarizing his war dogs, but the end would have been a battle soley between T'Challa and Killmonger. If done right it could have been more epic for both character moving forward, of course it could have gone both way and been lame AF.
Edit: Actually W'Kabi could have had his battle against tribes depending on how you spun it and it would make his intentions of submitting to Okoye seem more honest and justified.

Yeah I thought the same. Should've called him out right there. He should've been told W'Kabi somebody sprung Klaw so he'd know ahead did time. Not just he slipped through our hands.

Throne room scene could've paid off more.

T'Challa was trying to keep Killmonger's identity a secret. In revealing how their mission failed it would eventually have to come out who he was anyway.
But to me more doubt is cast on Erik that way. Why is the son of Prince N'Jobu helping a thief and murderer that killed Wakandans and stole from them?

This is why I said earlier N'Jobu and T'Chaka knwe what they were doing when he pulled the gun on Zurich and was then killed swiftly. They aint want the truth to get out there.

Highly unlikely that W'Kabi sides with the son of the man who helped the dude that killed his parents and stole from Wakanda.

W'Kabi was just trying to see Klaw dead. Mans honestly could care less how he got there based on how quick he turned on T'Challa. Like others have pointed out before; way before Erik came in the picture W'Kabi was about that life.

That's true, T'Challa never explained the surrounding circumstances why he wasn't able to bring Klaue in himself. I guess that was there to show that he still has to grow in his role as king? idk.

There aren't more ppl like me that's disappointed that IW is not three hours?

*edited

Well after looking it up there's a chance that running time is just a placeholder because they are still editing.

*edited

It's a theater in the Philippines reporting that run time. Ain't nothing official yet.

My heart shuttered when I saw that. Thing NEEDS to be at least Lord of the rings length.

No way feasible that a movie with that many characters can be good at 2.5.

Back
Top Bottom