WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Black Panther Composer Scored a ‘4-Hour Director’s Cut

THR spoke with Black Panther composer Ludwig Goransson about the experience of scoring the film. While the details of how he crafted the soundtrack of the African-set film are certainly intriguing, the most surprising revelation is that he scored enough music for a 4-hour cut of the film.

“I remember the first director’s cut was four hours long, but I already had a lot of material written and recorded. So, I actually scored the four-hour cut of the film. Which is really great.”

It’s not a shock that so much footage exists, as Coogler likely shot far more than he was going to use in order to cut things down to the perfect story. What is surprising, however, is that Goransson worked on the 4-hour cut rather than waiting until things were whittled down.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-directors-cut/

In other instances I wouldn't entertain the idea of even getting one. What's interesting about this is that dude actually scored the entire cut.

My noon showing yesterday was packed man. Blew me away that people were still selling this thing out.:pimp:
I think domestically this thing is going to break cbm records. Overseas, I believe it's playing out like most any other mcu movie however.

It'll be really interesting to see where the grand total ends up.

Last edited:
‘Black Panther’ Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
bp1.jpg

Disney
by Anthony D'Alessandro

February 25, 2018 8:07am
Update, Sunday AM: Disney has confirmed this morning what industry estimates saw last night: Black Panther will hit $400M at the domestic box office by end of today, making the Ryan Coogler-directed Marvel movie the second-fastest to that point along with Jurassic World in 10 days. Black Panther gets to $400M in four days less than The Avengers (14 days) and ranks behind Star Wars: Force Awakens record of 8 days.

Top 5 MCU movies thus far???...Go!!!

1.) Black Panther
2.) Spider-Man: Homecoming
3.) Thor: Ragnarok
4.) Captain America: Civil War
5.) Avengers: Age of Ultron

6.) Guardians of the Galaxy 2

It was in my top 3 before Black Panther. Black Panther took the #1 spot imo away Fromm homecoming and made AoU which I already loved more than most people and made it that much crazier of a film.

Yeah, IW isn’t seeing this domestically

It all depends on Marvel’s marketing truthfully. By late April IW is gonna be on every soda can, burrito wrapper, pizza box and playoff commercial and so on. They can make it a bigger event than Black Panther.

Y'all really liked GotG 2 huh? I was hella disappointed with that one.

1. BP
2. CW
3. Homecoming
4. WS
5. GotG

Jurassic park was such an ehh movie to me, surprised it did that well. Didn't even pay to see it, work paid for a theater.

It all depends on Marvel’s marketing truthfully. By late April IW is gonna be on every soda can, burrito wrapper, pizza box and playoff commercial and so on. They can make it a bigger event than Black Panther.

There’s just too much competition in the summer this year for IW. Deadpool 2 and Solo are both gonna be 250-300M+ movies coming out in the same month.

IW is still gonna be a monster and should get 500m+, but it won’t have the holds and rewatch business that BP will have. There’s literally nothing coming out until like late March :lol:

In no order:

Black Panther
The Winter Solider
Avengers 1
Civil War
toss up between GoTG and SpiderMan Homecoming

SpiderMan homecoming made the cut because it was refreshing to finally Spider Man get a movie in the MCU. Every single one after SpiderMan 2 was basura. Plus Ned was hilarious. "Good job on those spreadsheets Peter. Here's a gold coin. I don't know how jobs work."

Last edited:

Sheesh :wow::wow:

It's gonna clear a Billi WW with ease at this pace :pimp:. Might even make 600m+ domestically which only The Avengers has reached that mark for Marvel up to now...

BP in the top 5?

naw, i just dont see it
it was good, it wasnt that damn good

IM1
Cap 2 WS
Cap 3 CW
Guardians
Avengers
Spiderman Homecoming

BP aint better than any of those

like i said previously BP is a second tier origin movie. first tier is IM1 and Homecoming. third tier would be like Ant Man

Back
Top Bottom