WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

^^^
Why you care so much about MCU's rise/decline and how much Marvel/Disney studios makes? Are you a shareholder?

More or less :nerd: but success brings more risk for story telling like and characters deep in comic book lore.

Sounds feasible.

There goes Lame again, scourging the internet for spoilers then disappointed when he finds them. Let me leave before this turns into the Star Wars thread.

This is giving me a TLJ feeling all over again, I can’t lie. It’s not as egregious but man....this can’t be happening.

Lame you overreacting bruh. 80s is really good for this movie considering all the juggling with actors they have. They tryna give so many people screen time.

You’ve got the biggest super heroes in modern history all in one film in the biggest culmination event ever and the narrative will be that it’s not as good as A1 or Black Panther or Thor: Ragnarok....when all those characters are in said movie?? The James Cameron’s of the world’s are licking their chops for the onset of Avengers fatigue. I’m asking you all to temper your expectations. We’re about to be shaken up some.

Wow, surprisingly I wasn't tempted to click those spoilers.

I know people will not be fully satisfied with this movie (as we can already see :smh:)

But I'm going to hold out any judgement until I see the movie this weekend. I'm sure there will be some things that I will dislike. My hope is that I don't feel like the movie is dragging or taking too long like TLJ.

I want to be entertained and enjoy the film's story and visuals. All the analytical stuff, I can go into at a later time.

I think this will be an enjoyable film and is safe to say, this won't be as bad as IM3 or Thor: Dark World levels.

More or less :nerd: but success brings more risk for story telling like and characters deep in comic book lore.

Sounds feasible.

This is giving me a TLJ feeling all over again, I can’t lie. It’s not as egregious but man....this can’t be happening.

You’ve got the biggest super heroes in modern history all in one film in the biggest culmination event ever and the narrative will be that it’s not as good as A1 or Black Panther or Thor: Ragnarok....when all those characters are in said movie?? The James Cameron’s of the world’s are licking their chops for the onset of Avengers fatigue. I’m asking you all to temper your expectations. We’re about to be shaken up some.
But don't you think you're overreacting on spoilers based on other people's opinions when you haven't seen the movie yet?

I'd like to think that your opinion may change after you see the film.

I feel there are way too many anal reviewing folks who will never be satisfied and always has to nitpick the smallest things, which makes them not enjoy the film.

I hear you brother, but the deeper you go into comic book lore the more and more disappointed you'll be with movie and TV. Just my 0.02.

But don't you think you're overreacting on spoilers based on other people's opinions when you haven't seen the movie yet?

I feel there are way too many anal reviewing folks who will never be satisfied and always has to nitpick the smallest things, which makes them not enjoy the film.
Nope this is exactly the exchange me and him had about TLJ rough 3 days before it came out. His opinion ain't changing.

As long as the movie has a GOT’s pre-season finale episode tone I’ll be happy....jut pure destruction, sadness and despair....we all know there is a time stone that will bring everything back to some normality come A4

Again the execution will still be the saving grace because there is a level of content I will have with Spider-Man and Dr. Strange tag teaming or seeing Black Panther lead the Wakandan army against out riders but I’m a nuanced fan. There are certain directions and contradictions I won’t be able to overlook with a film this big and this hyped. I’m all about cohesion for a greater story purpose. What always disappoints me is when films do things for “shock factor” a la that disgrace of a Star Wars film that released this past December. There are certain details that were omitted or just flat out lied about that’s making me feel some way. Like straight up, they should have kept the Part 1 subtitle to let us know we’d question some things. This self contained story thing is where my frustration lies.

if yall know any better, when lame is in his bag it's just best to leave it alone. I feel like this is gonna go on like the Star Wars thread

It won’t be, because the film won’t be anywhere near egregious as TLJ. All of these characters I’ve seen on screen within the past year or 2. I will however say that maybe I expected to much from this film. It’s like I understand the direction and I even predicted but it sounds very congested. And in terms of the overarching story, it seems like a shock value type of deal

I hear you brother, but the deeper you go into comic book lore the more and more disappointed you'll be with movie and TV. Just my 0.02.

I wasn’t believing that with Marvel’s track record. The more obscure the character, the lower the expectations but I always knew the quality and effort would be there on Marvel’s end. By no means am I expecting the quality of IW to be lacking but this plot is somewhat jarring to me. It’s literally like a “one foot in, one foot out” type of deal. Either go there or don’t. The status quo is constantly restored in comics, it’s the main thing. Which is why I don’t understand the misdirection.

Nope this exactly the exchange me and him had about TLJ rough 3 days before it came out. His opinion ain't changing.

I’m expecting for my mind to change. The execution should be what rectifies my thoughts right now cause reading it and seeing it is two different things but as much as I love Marvel and love the MCU I won’t lie to myself if the movie’s shortcomings are apparent and right now....man.....man :smh:

Again the execution will still be the saving grace because there is a level of content I will have with Spider-Man and Dr. Strange tag teaming or seeing Black Panther lead the Wakandan army against out riders but I’m a nuanced fan. There are certain directions and contradictions I won’t be able to overlook with a film this big and this hyped. I’m all about cohesion for a greater story purpose. What always disappoints me is when films do things for “shock factor” a la that disgrace of a Star Wars film that released this past December. There are certain details that were omitted or just flat out lied about that’s making me feel some way. Like straight up, they should have kept the Part 1 subtitle to let us know we’d question some things. This self contained story thing is where my frustration lies.

It won’t be, because the film won’t be anywhere near egregious as TLJ. All of these characters I’ve seen on screen within the past year or 2. I will however say that maybe I expected to much from this film. It’s like I understand the direction and I even predicted but it sounds very congested. And in terms of the overarching story, it seems like a shock value type of deal

I wasn’t believing that with Marvel’s track record. The more obscure the character, the lower the expectations but I always knew the quality and effort would be there on Marvel’s end. By no means am I expecting the quality of IW to be lacking but this plot is somewhat jarring to me. It’s literally like a “one foot in, one foot out” type of deal. Either go there or don’t. The status quo is constantly restored in comics, it’s the main thing. Which is why I don’t understand the misdirection.

I’m expecting for my mind to change. The execution should be what rectifies my thoughts right now cause reading it and seeing it is two different things but as much as I love Marvel and love the MCU I won’t lie to myself if the movie’s shortcomings are apparent and right now....man.....man :smh:
I hear you and understand where you're coming from. I hope your opinion changes after seeing the movie.

And I, too, hope it isn't on the same level as TLJ.

It’s time we separate the real fans from the fake fans.

66688837-2B1E-4BEA-8372-9E0A4670E559.jpeg

Damn damn damn, accidentally saw a spoiler. Still pretty hyped though, I kinda had an idea how this is going to turn out.

If you liked the comics, you will like this film.

no f'n way

last jedi just had shhh that was just outright dumb.. we know the russos are competent

And to that I feel like some of these early reviewers are using a comparison to TLJ to hype the divide this movie will most likely to create discussion. The fan base isn’t as strong armed as the Star Wars fan base but just off of the spoilers I read I immediately got TLJ vibes because I felt like things were done tho create shock value and subvert expectation at the cost of the story.

Danai looking like a proper snack up there! :pimp:

HD cameras ain't doing some of the others any favours though...

And to that I feel like some of these early reviewers are using a comparison to TLJ to hype the divide this movie will most likely to create discussion. The fan base isn’t as strong armed as the Star Wars fan base but just off of the spoilers I read I immediately got TLJ vibes because I felt like things were done tho create shock value and subvert expectation at the cost of the story.

this dude did a good job on TLJ.. while i dont agree with his conclusion, he does at least acknowledge some of the buffoonery

All this TLJ talk reminds me of my post from a few days ago where I said the only way IW could disappoint me is if they pull some TLJ level ********.

Let's not hit TLJ button this early.

Back
Top Bottom