WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

tumblr_p9i333soBc1qabacto10_1280.jpg

I feel bad for vfx ppl now. They're basically getting abused, stretched thin and underpaid and they take it because they know if they complain the studio will just take what they need done to another vfx crew. I think the vfx people need to unionize. I think manga and anime animators are going through the same problem as well.. Maybe they should go on strike... After they finish all the vfx shots for IW of course.

Their job sounds stressful. Imagine scrambling to add in last minute vfx shots a week before the movie releases :wow:

I'm in the financial IT industry and I can sympathize with these cats. They're experiencing what we had to go through in the early '00s when tech work was initially outsourced to India. I believe if they unionize it will only make things worse and push the studios to keep entire teams 'offshore' as opposed to having some 'onshore/offshore' collaboration.

I've posted before but if you watch the film credits closely - the stack of South Asian and Far Eastern names represent the 'offshore' teams. Part of the problem also lies with Disney owning a large chunk of CGI intensive films so they can essentially pick the lowest bidder.

I'm in the financial IT industry and I can sympathize with these cats. They're experiencing what we had to go through in the early '00s when tech work was initially outsourced to India. I believe if they unionize it will only make things worse and push the studios to keep entire teams 'offshore' as opposed to having some 'onshore/offshore' collaboration.

I've posted before but if you watch the film credits closely - the stack of South Asian and Far Eastern names represent the 'offshore' teams. Part of the problem also lies with Disney owning a large chunk of CGI intensive films so they can essentially pick the lowest bidder.
So they're screwed whether or not they unionize?

I feel bad. Vfx ppl should be treated with better respect because without them movies like IW is literally not possible. I don't care how good the writers and director is.

Someone needs to ask Feige and company if they intentionally went out of their way to make this Colonizer & Bucky love story feel so pure and genuine

I want to know at what point did they realize they weren't telling a Best Friends Forever story between the two but actually a Brokeback Mountain sequel story

Chris Pratt on Star Lord in IW

“Look – the guy watched his mother die, he watched as his father-figure died in his arms, he was forced to kill his own biological father,” Pratt told RadioTimes.com. “And now has suffered the loss of the love of his life.

“So I think he reacted in a way that’s very human, and I think the humanity of the Guardians of the Galaxy is what sets them apart from other superheroes. I think if we did it a hundred times I wouldn’t change a thing.

“And also, I blame Thanos, OK?” he added. “Jeez, how come he’s not getting any blame?

Damn...he sounds a little sensitive about it lmao

Back
Top Bottom