WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

FFH seems like it's going to have a predictable story. Fury sucks Spidey into investigating the elementals. Mysterio makes them believe he's a good guy at first, then they figure out his scheme and they fight in the end. The only thing is that it looks like there's a chance there might be more to him than just illusion via tech. Maybe those elementals are actually real and mysterio can control it? Idk.

That's the thing about this movie. It's gonna be predictable if you know anything about Mysterio and know his origin stories. But surely, Marvel has a trick up their sleeves, right?

That's the thing about this movie. It's gonna be predictable if you know anything about Mysterio and know his origin stories. But surely, Marvel has a trick up their sleeves, right?
Yea that's the thing about marvel studios MO lately. They try to subvert expectations. Ie. Thor being a comedic guy, thanos winning in infinity war, made a Captain America movie a spy thriller movie. I don't think they want a movie to be that easy to predict anymore so even though the trailer looks like the movie will be predictable methinks they will throw in a twist about mysterio somehow.

Yea that's the thing about marvel studios MO lately. They try to subvert expectations. Ie. Thor being a comedic guy, thanos winning in infinity war, made a Captain America movie a spy thriller movie. I don't think they want a movie to be that easy to predict anymore so even though the trailer looks like the movie will be predictable methinks they will throw in a twist about mysterio somehow.

THE VULTURE TWIST IN HOMECOMING BLINDSIDED ME

Thor being comedic has always been part of his character. It’s one of the most endearing parts of him.

E1AF5C16-6110-4586-82F3-B50047129F18.jpeg

Never really cared for Mysterio as a villain but he hasn't been shown in a live action flick yet so it should be interesting.

In the trailer they do show the passport Peter picks up:

Date issued it says 19 Jul
Date expired it says: 18 Jul

Also look at his left eyebrow. It’s messed up in the scenes and in the passport photo.

some things i took away from the FFH trailer...

- not one part of me believes that’s actually nick fury. whether it be mysterio, chameleon, skrull. i just didn’t get nick fury vibes from him

-fury basically takes him to a ninja turtle hideout which i would assume is where he gets his new suit from

-think tony survives Endgame. trailer is almost trying to hard to make us believe he’s dead. like having happy take over the aunt may flirting and having happy say “we’re on own own now” in the plane

-don’t know where i stand on the uncertainty about mysterio. meaning everyone on the internet is saying he’s making up these element villains to look like the hero. although not exact it feels too close to what they did with the mandarin in IM3 and that was not well received

NTs cbm poster guy fails at his one job as usual :smh:

DxC_EgRVYAAzfiD

Brie Larson plays Carol Danvers in the movie and she's clearly powering up here and showing us why Marvel Studios has already confirmed that she's the MCU's most powerful superhero.

DxC_GB0VAAA-NjH

The younger Nick Fury has two eyes and Captain Marvel is going to serve as an origin story of sorts for him as well. How did he lose his eye? My bet is still on Goose being a Skrull of some sort!

DxC_LhpVsAASkQ6

Jude Law's mysterious Star-Lord commander still doesn't have a name but the prevailing theory is that he's Yon-Rogg. There has to be a good reason he's been shrouded in so much secrecy.

DxC_M9bV4AAswGh

Minn-Erva looks awesome and it will be interesting seeing whether or not Marvel sets the stage for her to return to plague Carol Danvers somewhere down the line (in the present day, obviously).

DxC_Xt6V4AAtuIt

Annette Bening's role is also being kept under wraps but most believe that she's a new take on the Supreme Intelligence. Needless to say, this is quite a departure from that big, green face.

DxC_ZQzUYAYbEto

I'm not sure why Korath has a character poster and Ronan doesn't but it will be interesting seeing how his story is developed here and whether or not we get to witness his descent into villainy.

DxC_O_eUUAAUg3x

Maria Rambeau is Carol's best friend and with her daughter, Monica expected to play a role, there's no reason to suspect that a grown-up version of the character can't also suit up in the sequel.

DxC_dIjU8AASaaM

Ben Mendelsohn is playing the villainous Talos but here he's disguised as Nick Fury's boss and quite possibly the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Not a bad place for him to infiltrate, really!

DxC_eZaUUAAweuS

Agent Coulson also returns in Captain Marvel and Clark Gregg must feel good to be back in the MCU-proper. Whether or not this adventure will have an impact on the small screen is unclear.

DxC_f5OVsAAELcM

Named Chewie in the comics, Goose the cat may very well be an alien and Disney is clearly banking on selling a lot of merchandise featuring this lovable feline throughout the rest of 2019.

since ive been doing a terrible job, Marvel just uploaded this new poster for an old classic to their Facebook page

50273908_10156867986387488_4845102767817097216_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom