WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I think the time travel is BS.

If Cap wasn't actually CHANGING timelines but just reintroducing the stones shortly AFTER they took them, then that means the actions they took during their Time Heist actually occurred. Which meant that Hydra thought that Captain America was part of Hydra or at the VERY least believes that Captain America knows about Hydra. Captain America would remember fighting himself (or Loki). Things would have already changed - which means that technically that universe is still in a branch, albeit a branch that had their infinity stones taken and then returned. There is NO WAY that Rogers should have been able to stay in that branch and then pop up in the timeline that Infinity War originally took place in.

I LOVED the movie so I'm not letting this ruin anything for me, but movies should just NOT DO TIME TRAVEL.

If Cap wasn't actually CHANGING timelines but just reintroducing the stones shortly AFTER they took them, then that means the actions they took during their Time Heist actually occurred. Which meant that Hydra thought that Captain America was part of Hydra or at the VERY least believes that Captain America knows about Hydra. Captain America would remember fighting himself (or Loki). Things would have already changed - which means that technically that universe is still in a branch, albeit a branch that had their infinity stones taken and then returned. There is NO WAY that Rogers should have been able to stay in that branch and then pop up in the timeline that Infinity War originally took place in.

I LOVED the movie so I'm not letting this ruin anything for me, but movies should just NOT DO TIME TRAVEL.

I feel the same. The time travel explanation was surprisingly sloppy and convoluted for as much time and money put into this film. Lying Russo's swore time travel wasn't going to be used but instead said focus on BARF :smh::lol: but the aspect was so fun and entertaining that I can easily roll with it. I don't understand why they didn't just let time travel affect the future. Clearly they still did it anyway with Loki grabbing the tesseract in 2012 and disappearing. Wonder what that means:rolleyes

The return plan was explained in the convo between Banner and the Ancient One...

Basically if the stones were returned at the exact same time they were taken The alternate timeline would’ve been avoided...

Example would be this...When Cap goes on his return the stones mission all he’d have to to is go back to when Bruce is getting the time stone in 2012...As soon as Bruce leaves he immediately returns the stone to the Ancient One...No new timeline would be generated in that instance as the stone was only gone for a few seconds...

He’d have to follow the same set up to return each stone...

Just imagine Steve coming up and returning an infinity stone after every scene we got of the various teams obtaining the stones :lol:...That’s basically how they break it down...

Its not hard to grasp man.

When returning the stones Cap first goes back to 2014; returns the soul and power stones to Morag and Vormir, then to 2013; to return the reality stone and mjlonir in Asgard, then 2012; to battle of NY and only returns the mind and time stones (all he had to do is wait until his past self knocked out 2012 Cap and leave with the scepter and place it inside the case), and then 1970: returns the space stone inside a tesseract to the base in Jersey. After hes done fam makes his last jump to after WW2 or the year he went in the ice and hooks up with Peggy.

What happens in 2012 where they **** up and Loki dips with tesseract is where an alt timeline emerges but that wouldnt affect him cuz by then he's old as **** just laying low.

Last edited:
The return plan was explained in the convo between Banner and the Ancient One...

Basically if the stones were returned at the exact same time they were taken The alternate timeline would’ve been avoided...

Example would be this...When Cap goes on his return the stones mission all he’d have to to is go back to when Bruce is getting the time stone in 2012...As soon as Bruce leaves he immediately returns the stone to the Ancient One...No new timeline would be generated in that instance as the stone was only gone for a few seconds...

He’d have to follow the same set up to return each stone...

Just imagine Steve coming up and returning an infinity stone after every scene we got of the various teams obtaining the stones...

They return the stones AFTER they were taken. Which means Loki still got away in that timeline. Rogers fought himself in that timeline. Those events never happened to the Avengers we've watched in all of those movies. Those things weren't erased based on the explanation we received.

Funny thing is that, if it went as they said, it probably also means that Cap injected Jane with the ether in that timeline as well.

Its not hard to grasp man.

When returning the stones Cap firet goes back to 2014; returns the soul and power stones to Morag and Vormir, then to 2013; to return the reality stone and mjlonir, then 2012; to NY and only returns the mind and time stones (all he had to do is wait until his past self knocked out 2012 Cap and leave with the scepter and place it inside the case), and then 1970: returns the space stone inside a tesseract to the base in Jersey. After hes done fam makes his last jump to after WW2 or the year he went in the ice and hooks up with Peggy.

What happens in 2012 where they **** up and Loki dips with tesseract is where an alt timeline emerges but that wouldnt affect him cuz by then he's old as **** just laying low.

This...

Since Prof. Hulk was pretty smart, what if he just snapped the entire world right back to the moment before the first snap. And he only left the memories with the couple Avengers in that room with him?

Didn’t Spidey just say he took a nap anyway? That would leave only Hulk, Hawkeye, Rocket, Thor, and Nebula as the only people who actually remember the 5 missing years. That’s not exactly too far fetched, right?

They return the stones AFTER they were taken. Which means Loki still got away in that timeline. Rogers fought himself in that timeline. Those events never happened to the Avengers we've watched in all of those movies. Those things weren't erased based on the explanation we received.

Funny thing is that, if it went as they said, it probably also means that Cap injected Jane with the ether in that timeline as well.

Yeah that 2012 mission absolutely caused another timeline...They messed that thing up...

Since Prof. Hulk was pretty smart, what if he just snapped the entire world right back to the moment before the first snap. And he only left the memories with the couple Avengers in that room with him?

Didn’t Spidey just say he took a nap anyway? That would leave only Hulk, Hawkeye, Rocket, Thor, and Nebula as the only people who actually remember the 5 missing years. That’s not exactly too far fetched, right?

Tony’s stipulation for helping ~ figuring out the time travel stuff was that nothing in the preceding 5 years was changed...Only the people who were dusted were brought back...

If they reset everything to the moment before the Thanos snap Tony wouldn’t have his daughter, which was the reason for said stipulation...

Also this was the single way that they would defeat Thanos...If Bruce had done that it’s easy to presume that Thanos would’ve still won anyway...

He promised he wouldn't erase things that occurred after the snap so that Tony could keep his daughter.

Imagine if someone was able to get the OG left hand gauntlet then got the new left hand gauntlet. Double gauntlet. :smokin

Exactly, the Russo's rules for time travel made **** overly complicated and make no sense ironically by trying to buck the conventional fictional norms of time travel. Present Steve going back to 1945 to live life means that 1945 Steve is actually still in ice waiting to be woken up in the time line he visited. But the timeline he visited allowed him to grow old naturally and be in the present WE follow without using the quantum realm to appear at that lakeside. Meaning that there is two different Steve Rogers in the main time line the actual Steve that went back to 1945 and the 1945 Steve that was frozen in ice :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Back
Top Bottom