WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Batman vs Superman > endgame

1589486184734.gif

Finished endgame (3rd time watched but first time after full 20 movie rewatch over 2 weeks). Holy ****. It was so much better now that I remembered all the movies that came before it

ya it’s the goat. 1) EG 2) IW

I don’t buy that BS that Cap was always worthy.
my dude tried hard to lift. Maybe mjolnir was like not yet playboy.
So dude tried hard and was like yea, I can lift it but out of respect I’m stop? :lol:

I don’t buy that BS that Cap was always worthy.
my dude tried hard to lift. Maybe mjolnir was like not yet playboy.
So dude tried hard and was like yea, I can lift it but out of respect I’m stop? :lol:

haha I don't buy it either. I felt he became worthy in Civil War when he got that whole Bucky killing Tony's parents, off his chest. That was one serious secret to keep which held him back.

haha I don't buy it either. I felt he became worthy in Civil War when he got that whole Bucky killing Tony's parents, off his chest. That was one serious secret to keep which held him back.

nah..

this cap, is finally a cap that has grown up

Also why these scenes are important to directly contrast

He was def always worthy. Otherwise how the hell would he know mid fight with Thanos that “hey maybe I can lift this thing!” Plus the directors said he was so he was

He was def always worthy. Otherwise how the hell would he know mid fight with Thanos that “hey maybe I can lift this thing!” Plus the directors said he was so he was

you just finished watching all of the movies..

which version of Steve prior to endgame do you think is capable of leading a therapy group?

hell during civil war, they make it a point to play up his stubbornness as some sorta good trait

and they specifically contrast the Steve Rogers from 2 previous movies, avengers and winter soldier

Winter soldier Steve could have gone to his avengers teammates and asked for help.. trusted them.. he’s well aware who shield went to ask for help and how much smarter tony and banner are than those folks.. but he went to an Apple store

We even see the difference between his and Tony’s relationship and how those interactions go after the 5 year jump vs the previous movies.. I’m pretty sure that is why antman was put in the scene when they go to visit tony at his house to ask for help and that scene just before tony and Steve travel to the 70s

you just finished watching all of the movies..

which version of Steve prior to endgame do you think is capable of leading a therapy group?

hell during civil war, they make it a point to play up his stubbornness as some sorta good trait

and they specifically contrast the Steve Rogers from 2 previous movies, avengers and winter soldier

Winter soldier Steve could have gone to his avengers teammates and asked for help.. trusted them.. he’s well aware who shield went to ask for help and how much smarter tony and banner are than those folks.. but he went to an Apple store

We even see the difference between his and Tony’s relationship and how those interactions go after the 5 year jump vs the previous movies.. I’m pretty sure that is why antman was put in the scene when they go to visit tony at his house to ask for help and that scene just before tony and Steve travel to the 70s
Being a “good guy” doesn’t make you worthy. Him making sacrifices does. You think Thor coming down to earth and having orgys made him worthy?
Plus Feige said he was all along

also we forget he has super serum flowing through his veins. Wasn’t that made out of some cosmic stuff? Like Vision could hold the hammer bc he had a cosmic infinity stone on him. I’m sure Quill could hold it too at the end of GOTG 1 where he made sacrifices to save others AND was half Celestial.

the whole “you gotta be able to lead a therapy session” type of good person to hold it is BS if Hela queen of death could hold it

Being a “good guy” doesn’t make you worthy. Him making sacrifices does. You think Thor coming down to earth and having orgys made him worthy?
Plus Feige said he was all along

also we forget he has super serum flowing through his veins. Wasn’t that made out of some cosmic stuff? Like Vision could hold the hammer bc he had a cosmic infinity stone on him. I’m sure Quill could hold it too at the end of GOTG 1 where he made sacrifices to save others AND was half Celestial.

the whole “you gotta be able to lead a therapy session” type of good person to hold it is BS if Hela queen of death could hold it

Your missing the point

cap was leading the therapy session because he was in a position to listen and empathize.. he wasn’t just judging and jumping to fight for what he perceived as the right thing.. he had to sit and listen and try to help using his words

also from the films, there is no indication that the super soldier serum had anything to do with anything cosmic

and obviously Thor would have been around a crap ton of people that could lift his hammer if that was all it was

Also vision from his very inception shows a deep level of thought and empathy.. look at how he speaks of ultron in spite of knowing what he has to do to him

Look at this conversation from his birth to see the level of depth from vision.. and also the growth from Steve then to Steve in endgame

Your missing the point

cap was leading the therapy session because he was in a position to listen and empathize.. he wasn’t just judging and jumping to fight for what he perceived as the right thing.. he had to sit and listen and try to help using his words

also from the films, there is no indication that the super soldier serum had anything to do with anything cosmic

and obviously Thor would have been around a crap ton of people that could lift his hammer if that was all it was

Also vision from his very inception shows a deep level of thought and empathy.. look at how he speaks of ultron in spite of knowing what he has to do to him
I was hoping you wouldn’t catch the cap super serum stuff bc that for sure wasn’t made from anything cosmic since the teaseract was stolen from Norway after the red skull was the red skull (hence the stiching in the sides of his face). Damn you caught me.

But still, cap was always the leader despite being surrounded by real super heroes.

plus Thor said “I knew it” like: see you were always worthy... not I knew it, you just becaame worthy 2 weeks ago!

oh and Disney producers said he was always worthy.

Saying cap finally got rid of the secret of starks parents death and therefore his conscious was clear and now he was worthy doesn’t hold. Bc you can also argue that he let a secret inside him eat at him to spare Tony...what a “worthy” thing to do. So this logic doesn’t hold.

While I think he felt guilty and/or conflicted since he actually knew Howard stark.. I think that was only a part of it

he was stubborn and proud.. like Thor in the first Thor movie

As I said, I believe cap in first avenger was worthy.. but cap that comes out of the ice is quick to judge, stubborn and quick to act violently

that’s why that convo above with vision is so important.. vision outlines that it isn’t strictly black or white.. good or bad.. The answer to caps question isn’t as simple as the then cap believed it to be

he was a man out of his time that was stubborn to adapting to a radically changing world.. his whole focus was on the supposed values that were lost instead of appreciating the things that were happening

hell the way he romanticized his time is something we know only white men could do.. which Steve is

One of the better vids that explains it thoroughly in 6 min.

problem with this video is that it takes the hard line stance that once worthy you’re always worthy

we know from the comics that’s clearly not true

and we also know from the movies that’s not true.. see the first Thor movie

and even in endgame Thor while doubting himself believes that he has become unworthy.. but as his mother has to tell him, while he is obviously capable of a lot he’s not perfect.. Thor is blaming himself for everything that happened because his expectations for himself are just that high.. but he hasn’t done anything to actually become unworthy, he and they as a whole simply weren’t able to stop thanos

Saying cap finally got rid of the secret of starks parents death and therefore his conscious was clear and now he was worthy doesn’t hold. Bc you can also argue that he let a secret inside him eat at him to spare Tony...what a “worthy” thing to do. So this logic doesn’t hold.

that's not worthy. That’s being selfish and fearful.

problem with this video is that it takes the hard line stance that once worthy you’re always worthy

we know from the comics that’s clearly not true

and we also know from the movies that’s not true.. see the first Thor movie

and even in endgame Thor while doubting himself believes that he has become unworthy.. but as his mother has to tell him, while he is obviously capable of a lot he’s not perfect.. Thor is blaming himself for everything that happened because his expectations for himself are just that high.. but he hasn’t done anything to actually become unworthy, he and they as a whole simply weren’t able to stop thanos

In the first Thor, he lost Mjolnir after Odin put the enchant item: worthiness spell on it.

In the first Thor, he lost Mjolnir after Odin put the enchant item: worthiness spell on it.

I know.. but he still broke the spell with his sacrifice later on after he changed

could be possible the worthiness part in the movies doesn’t come up until Odin casts that spell

his quote:"whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor”

creator of the movie: cap was always worthy

fans: lets make up our own story.

Saying the directors said he was always worthy isn’t fact. They were just making it up as the went. Just like how they altered some of the infinity stones to matchup. It was nothing but a nod to fans. It just happens to be something they were fortunate enough to circle back to in Endgame. If that scene had never taken place Rogers would’ve still been able to lift Mjolnir in Endgame.

Whedon 2015: ““Let’s really talk about the Thor’s hammer bit that ran throughout Age of Ultron.

“How is Steve Rogers not worthy?” a fan asked. “Is he not? Are we sure?” Whedon responded, a hint of teasing in his voice. “Did he fail? Or did he stop?””

2019 is when Russos and Feige said he’d always been worthy.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fans: we can look at who actually created the character(s)

They got a whole series specifically on the subject

1589570264942.png

I second this arc by Jason Aaron. He did great with Thor.

Back
Top Bottom