WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Can gain worthiness and lose it to wield Mjolnir. Thor recently became unworthy in the comics

Yes but if your unworthy, you can’t move Mjolnir at all. We saw Cap move it, even if it was just a tiny bit. Kevin Feige has also confirmed Rogers could have always picked the hammer up.

I find it laughable that scumbag Rogers was allegedly always worthy while he purposely hid the murderer of Tony's parents and the fact they were murdered just to make himself feel better.

Last edited:
I’ve also heard that the reason he couldn’t lift Mjolnir is because he was keeping the dark secret from Tony about his parents death. That’s why he couldn’t lift Mjolnir until after Civil War.

From what Feige, the Russo Bros, and Whedon have said, he didn’t lift it out of respect for Thor, he didn’t want to show him up.

Cap was always worthy and could have lifted Mjolnir in AoU, he just didn’t. Whedon has said this himself.

Nah.. that’s why the cap vs cap scene was so important, needed to show how clearly cap had grown

hell even the cap from first avenger was different from the one that came out of the ice

from A1 straight through to civil war dude was stubborn as hell and a whole lot of fight or jump first without thinking and maybe de-escalating situations

by endgame dude actually learns how to listen to people, hence why him leading the group therapy session was also pivotal

From what Feige, the Russo Bros, and Whedon have said, he didn’t lift it out of respect for Thor, he didn’t want to show him up.

yeah, but that’s what they say now. Russos say that because it works with their story. I wanna say at an appearance Whedon said something like “is he worthy? Is he unworthy? Was he able to lift it? Could he lift it?”

Of course Feige and the Russos say it now, but that doesn’t mean in that moment he was actually able to. He legit tried on both attempts at lifting the hammer.

I don’t think there’s been confirmation that you have to either be worthy or unworthy. It could very much be almost worthy. Especially since Ultron pointed out how Rogers needs war.

These movies have always been about growth. That’s always been the theme. His progression and growth from the events of Civil War is why he was finally able to successfully lift Mjolnir, IMO.

Regardless if he could or couldn’t, I do like the fact that he wasn’t shown lifting the hammer until Endgame, after he’s made amends with Tony.

Last edited:
I think cap in first avenger was capable of lifting it

and then cap in endgame, after the 5 years

Finished dr strange again. Didn’t appreciate or even understand the film til now. I think it will be the most important movie leading up to phase 4 since it’s all about the multiverse. They can intro any character now and just say they passed through a portal from another universe. Smart

Finished dr strange again. Didn’t appreciate or even understand the film til now. I think it will be the most important movie leading up to phase 4 since it’s all about the multiverse. They can intro any character now and just say they passed through a portal from another universe. Smart

dr strange and antman will be important in that regard.. and obviously GOTG too

namor and Atlantis probably coming with BP2

What's the latest on Nova? Re-watched the two GOTG's over the weekend and I forgot how Xandar were just "technologically advanced" but the gold people in vol. 2 were capable of creating Adam Warlock. I'm probably most excited to see those two right now.

What's the latest on Nova? Re-watched the two GOTG's over the weekend and I forgot how Xandar were just "technologically advanced" but the gold people in vol. 2 were capable of creating Adam Warlock. I'm probably most excited to see those two right now.
I wish they did a movie based out of xandar...but now that it’s been blown up, wouldn’t be as satisfying since we know everyone dies anyways. Unless nova and others flee xandar and now he’s out for answers

Thought I posted this

I'm curious what Nova's origin will be now. One of the remaining survivors of Xandar?

I'm curious what Nova's origin will be now. One of the remaining survivors of Xandar?
Maybe he was on a mission in a far way planet when Thanos came? He goes and rounds up a bunch of his xandarian friends to search for answers. There were xandarian soldiers (novacorp) in that final battle scene in endgame per Russos

it seems that unlike the rest of this thread and the internet, I'm more partial to the Sam Alexander Nova, since that was how I was introduced to him in the Spiderman cartoon show. If they use that one they can give him a Goku/Superman origin story where the movie starts with Thanos devastating the planet, and a pre-teen Sam 's family sacrificing themselves to let him escape. Now that I think about it that might be too cliche' tho :lol:

Probably be a post Endgame rebuilding of the Corps where a bunch of the helmets spread out through the universe where new ppl find them.

Something similar happened in the comics when the Nova Corps started over.

There's a chance they go for doing both Sam and Rich with Rich already being the established war worn Nova soldier turned leader.

Only thing is they gonna have to explain how novas have powers now.

Or they could go there's a change in the Nova Corps, new power source, now they got cosmic powers to make them face the next Thanos level threat. Then sort of focus on Rich and Sam secondary.

Watched Endgame for the first time in a while today and how this movie isn’t everyone’s #1 is beyond comprehension.
In the middle of it now and I wished I did a rewatch of all previous movies before watching endgame last year. It def is amazing. I slept on it for a while. Went up my ranks to 2 or 1b or even flat out # 1 behind IW

Batman vs Superman > endgame
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom