WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Do y’all think externals would have been better off as a Disney + show?

then you flesh out each character and the stuff going on
Ehhh…. It’s all in the writing. They did what they set out but it just sucked. The movie basically is the simple message of “we’re all different and it’s ok to disagree but let’s all be friends!” Told the worst most emotionally devoid way possible with what may be the worst ending in all the mcu

Last edited:
this chick craves attention :lol:

when does the vfx team edit trailers?

1636505869061.jpeg

this chick craves attention :lol:

when does the vfx team edit trailers?

1636505869061.jpeg
Huh?! Don’t they have other teams to do trailers?! You mean to tell me Marvel, Disney & Sony couldn’t get a team to do the trailer?
God I hate Grace Rando.
I swear the second anything isn’t released when they think it should, the film conspiracists just leap out of nowhere

Do y’all think externals would have been better off as a Disney + show?

then you flesh out each character and the stuff going on
Yes, absolutely. In fact, I saw some of the writers are campaigning for a prequel series on D+.

It would have been great to see how each Eternal dealt with the world during their “sabbatical” so that there was more foundation behind their unique relationship with Earth and their decision for or against the Emergence.

Definitely would have been dope to see their reactions to Thanos, the snap and the blip. You can’t tell me Ikaris didn’t wanna flex a bit when Loki came thru with the Chitauri army or when the Outriders touched down in Wakanda.

The Eternals was the definition of meh.

It is absolutely a story that didn't need to be told. And if we keep it a buck , the story really does nothing to move the MCU forward. All of the stuff that happened in the movie really feels like it has no effect on the universe. If we take The Eternals out of the lineup and go from say Loki to Spiderman we really won't feel like there was something missing. They mention Thanos and said they couldn't get involved ( We already got The Watcher not getting involved) and that was about it. Yes it sets up some future characters and stories but that could've easily been done somewhere else. Wandavision and Loki do a much better job of progressing the MCU as a whole and getting you excited for future movies/shows.

The more I sit here and think about this movie the more the disappointment sets in lol. Marvel just needs to go ahead and fast track FF and X-Men because this aint it man. Gonna be a long wait for Spiderman to wash away the bad taste that The Eternals left.

The Eternals was the definition of meh.

It is absolutely a story that didn't need to be told. And if we keep it a buck , the story really does nothing to move the MCU forward. All of the stuff that happened in the movie really feels like it has no effect on the universe. If we take The Eternals out of the lineup and go from say Loki to Spiderman we really won't feel like there was something missing. They mention Thanos and said they couldn't get involved ( We already got The Watcher not getting involved) and that was about it. Yes it sets up some future characters and stories but that could've easily been done somewhere else. Wandavision and Loki do a much better job of progressing the MCU as a whole and getting you excited for future movies/shows.

The more I sit here and think about this movie the more the disappointment sets in lol. Marvel just needs to go ahead and fast track FF and X-Men because this aint it man. Gonna be a long wait for Spiderman to wash away the bad taste that The Eternals left.
I personally liked (not loved) The Eternals, but I agree with you. It didn’t do much to move the MCU as a whole, at least not apparently or yet. They name dropped the Avengers, referenced Thanos and the Snap, but other wise no super tight connection. I personally don’t mind it in this movie though, as I’m cool with an MCU that doesn’t lean on other established people. The movie is slower for sure, and I agree it would’ve been better as like a D+ show instead, in particular because so much background and exposition is needed for these brand new and unique characters. I imagine that in future movies (outside of Spider-Man though), there’ll be connections to the Eternals in some ways. At least I hope so, or it would definitely be a waste in many ways. I like all of these new characters, and I hope to see them in future spots in the MCU.

Then why tell the story?

If it serves no purpose, it’s not worth telling.
This **** reeks of entitlement and being spoiled for the last 13 years by the MCU.

Nothing wrong with standalone stories simply meant to entertain.

I’m also willing to give Feige & co. the benefit of the doubt that The Eternals do, in fact, move the MCU forward, with the payoff coming in the future. There are enough breadcrumbs in the movie to confidently make that assumption.

A fake Eternals plot was up for a pretty long time on Wikipedia.
Seven thousand years ago, the god-like race Celestials created the Eternals, immortal humanoid beings with superhuman powers and abilities, and the Deviants, near-immortal monstrous aliens. The Eternals are allowed to protect the universe from Deviants, and their leader Ajak is endowed with the power to mentally bridge them with the Celestials. The Eternals battle the Deviants across various times in history, but are forbidden to interfere in human conflicts, which ends up breaking the group."
"In 2024, following the return of half the population, Ajak meets Eternal Ikaris, who now resides in England. Ikaris reveals that the Blip has awakened the Deviants and they have only one week before their arrival. Ajak convinces Ikaris to reunite the Eternals again. Both manage to find Eternal Sprite in London, as well as Eternals Phastos, Druig, and Makkari in the United States. The group learns that Eternal Thena is mentally broken after her past mistakes against them, yet Ajak forgives her. Thena refuses, and the group leave for India to find Eternal Kingo, who has become a famous Bollywood star. In Oxford, the group learns that Eternal Sersi has maintained a connection with humans for centuries. Sersi reveals her origins to her fiancé Dane Whitman, upon lying to him for years, and leaves with the others."
"After one week, the Deviants return to Earth and initiate worldwide attacks while the Celestials summon Ajak for a meeting. They tell her that the Deviants are assisted by a traitor Eternal, whom they are unable to identify. Ajak returns and many Eternals begin to suspect each other until Sersi calms them down. At an island, Thena is surrounded by Deviants, who inform her that their leader Kro wants her. She meets Kro, who tortures Thena and manipulates her mind to find the Eternals in exchange for freeing Eternal Gilgamesh, who has been their inmate. Thena temporarily reconciles with the Eternals, allowing the Deviants to arrive to their location and attack them. Many Deviants are defeated but Ikaris and Makkari are injured. Another Deviant group arrives and hands over Gilgamesh back to Thena."
"The enraged Eternals learn that Thena was the traitor who assisted the Deviants, leaving her and Gilgamesh. Ikaris and Makkari are healed by Sersi, who reconciles with Ikaris and restores their relationship. Whitman arrives, explaining that London and other major cities have been attacked by Deviants. Unbeknownst to the group, Sersi and Phastos attempt to find Thena and Gilgamesh. The other Eternals battle and kill many Deviants at several locations around the world until they are outnumbered. Kingo, Sprite, and Druig are injured, forcing the Eternals to hide. The Celestials tell Ajak that the Deviants plan an invasion to Earth."
"Meanwhile, Phastos and Sersi meet with Thena and Gilgamesh, who are hiding at the Canary Islands. Gilgamesh attacks the duo as revenge for leaving him imprisoned but Thena stops him. They finally reconcile with the Eternals as Sersi secretly meets with the Celestials to restore Gilgamesh's powers. The Eternals are ambushed again by the Deviants, and Thena tearfully reveals that Kro has her mind-controlled to assist them. Ajak removes Kro's mind trick while they battle the Deviants. Kro arrives and explains that he plans to dominate Earth as punishment for the Celestials for making them deformed creatures. The Eternals are attacked by another Deviant army as Kro begins the invasion. With the Celestials' help, the Eternals use their combined powers to kill Kro. The remaining Deviants are killed due to Kro's death, and the Celestials remove their ban on the Eternals as the Earth accepts them as heroes."
"In a mid-credits scene, Whitman receives a historical artifact from Scotland, that turns out to be the Black Blade sword and the Black Knight armor. In a post-credits scene, Thanos' brother Eros, who has been secretly on Earth for years, arrives at the remains of the Avengers facility and finds Thanos' ashes, promising to avenge his death."
:lol: Eros avenging Thanos.

Watch down the line people are going to talk up the Eternals as ground breaking, and what helped move the franchise forward because without it setting what it set, certain future projects wouldn't come out the way they do.

It's going to be how people didn't like AOU but now the sentiments have pretty much changed.

Watch down the line people are going to talk up the Eternals as ground breaking, and what helped move the franchise forward because without it setting what it set, certain future projects wouldn't come out the way they do.

It's going to be how people didn't like AOU but now the sentiments have pretty much changed.
AOU was never a bad movie though, just mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom