WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

tumblr_inline_mm7q4kPVkj1qz4rgp540.gif

Im a sucker for western directors re-using actors from from other films and presenting them as completely different characters so the RDJ hiring has me interesteed

BUT, ima be bummed if he ends up being a 'Stark' variant.

Really not a fan of the multiverse shenanigans in the MCU. Hope he straight up is just playing Victor which I find way more interesting than evil Iron Man.

At this point I don't think they should bother recasting Kang since his role is smaller. Plus folks were fine with majors in Loki.
Feel like they can chill with the Kang stuff until after Secret Wars now

Been saying it for months but I don't think we've seen the last of Majors Kang in the MCU....

A few years down the road and I wouldn't be surprised if he's brought back into the fold

To anyone who doesn't mind answering, I have some questions about RDJ/Doom.

Obviously I'm very familiar with RDJ as IM. But reading all these responses about IM-variant Doom...

Is Doom a variant? Just reading through the comments, I'm leaning that he's not just a variant, because I know people have mentioned the name Victor. If he was just a variant of other characters, he wouldn't have his own name.

Kind of a related question: When we're talking about an Iron Man variant Doom, are we saying that in another timeline, Iron Man is evil?

Have I got this all wrong? 👀😬

3rd question: Are there some basic facts that everyone should know about Doom to better enjoy this next phase?

Obviously I'm very familiar with RDJ as IM. But reading all these responses about IM-variant Doom...

Is Doom a variant? Just reading through the comments, I'm leaning that he's not just a variant, because I know people have mentioned the name Victor. If he was just a variant of other characters, he wouldn't have his own name.

Kind of a related question: When we're talking about an Iron Man variant Doom, are we saying that in another timeline, Iron Man is evil?

3rd question: Are there some basic facts that everyone should know about Doom to better enjoy this next phase?

this is a lot of questions that no one here could really answer :lol:

at this point, its probably feige, russos, rdj and the writers who knows

Ok, good.
So even well-versed comic fans are kind of in the dark.

oh well if based on the comics, zik covered it well but movie-wise, we just dont know which way theyll go

Several ways from the comics.

Doom and Tony switch bodies

Alt universe where Tony Stark becomes Dr. Doom instead of Iron Man.

Alt universe where this Dr. Doom just so happens to look identical to another universe's Tony Stark

In the 616 comics, where Iron Man is dead or thought to be dead Dr. Doom with a healed face post Secret Wars becomes Iron Man. Just reverse that.

There's other instances but I doubt they're doing **** like clones or shape shifters, etc.

Alt universe where this Dr. Doom just so happens to look identical to another universe's Tony Stark

In the 616 comics, where Iron Man is dead or thought to be dead Dr. Doom with a healed face post Secret Wars becomes Iron Man. Just reverse that.

There's other instances but I doubt they're doing **** like clones or shape shifters, etc.
Holy christ. 😂😬

1. No one knows this except Feige & crew.
2. Kinda Yeah. See Master Zik Master Zik already break down the major ones.

3. He is utter chaos. Definitely an Avengers Level Threat.

You got like 3 years before the movies come out, so i'd just read some comics/wiki & watch youtube breakdowns to learn about him.

PO

Also, anyone think with Doom & Galactus (confirmed) & possibly Kang still on the table, that they might have an "Avengers" team of villains for SW/Doomsday instead of one threat like Thanos?

PO

Not sure if this will happen, but the fact that it is even possible makes me just too damn happy :lol:

This will happen 100%. Feige & Russos are not wasting this opportunity.
Especially since SW will be a send off to everyone as they jump into their next saga with all the new people/actors. We won't see anyone again after that movie "allegedly".

Holland killing off Doom (RDJ) here is perfect too. Tons of possibilities!

PO

Rob always right on time. :pimp:

:lol: @ People who think Channing Tatum was good as Gambit.

IMG_8736.gif

I will say the fight choreography looked good. Dude next to me said, “You know he gotta slide some dancing in..” :lol:

Last edited:
In the scenario that this Doom is actually Tony Stark and not actually RDJ playing a completely different character, I would be okay with it, even if it's really detracting from being the Dr. Doom adaptation everyone wants.

I'm expecting them to rationale in whatever way that Doom is actually Stark, and he's the ultimate threat to the multiverse because he's a variant that is going the What If? Doctor Strange route to bring back his parents.

And if this leads into Secret Wars because Stark/Doom failed, it would play into the recurring scenario of Stark always finding a way to avoid failing again.

if RDJ is Tony STark a Dr Doom but what if they also introduce another Dr Doom variant thats actually Victor Von Doom played by a different actor?

anything is possible at this point

hell get Tom Cruise as the IronMan in that universe :lol:

Back
Top Bottom