WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Marvel said no to Del Toro and Gaimans version of Dr Strange.

Neil Gaiman [emoji]10004[/emoji] @neilhimself

@KurtBusiek I still wish Marvel had been interested in a @RealGDT & me Dr Strange movie, because I wanted to write Clea so badly after 1602.
12:11 PM - 27 Nov 2015

I've read the longer pieces on this over time and essentially Gaiman and Del Toro never had anything solid put together at all :lol: Just ideas

Gaiman had an idea for Dr. Strange, Del Toro said he wants to direct that movie. I think this was on the set of one of Del Toro's movies. Gaiman talked to Marvel and they said they were interested (naturally). Del Toro literally never had the time to do this. He was directing his other stuff as we all know (Hell Boy or Blade). They never talked contracts or got close. Time passed and when it was brought back up Marvel decided to pass. Depending on the timeline I bet this was around when the MCU was getting some success and Feige had his own plans for Strange (since we all know he's been hyping Strange for a min).

Last edited:
 "I talked with Neil Gaiman [about writing it]," he tells us. "I said, that’s an interesting character because you can definitely make him more in the pulpy occult detective/magician mould and formula than was done in the Weird Tales, for example...the idea of a character that really dabbles in the occult in a way that’s not X-Filey, where the supernatural is taken for granted. That’s interesting... But I wouldn't use the suit!"
Pretty sure that was the deal breaker
laugh.gif

So Gaiman isn't down with Strange's cape and mystical garb? :lol: This from the creator of Sandman.

Ah well, he brings up 1602 so I expect he'd put Dr. Strange in an old school Sherlock Holmes look.

Cap 3 trailer broke the record set by AoU for amount of views

Guess a lot of people feenin to see Cap kick some iron *** :smokin

Hell, maybe before the movie is over, I might cross over to Team Scarlet Witch, if she keeps looking that fine...

Sorry @Captain America

And Zik, you need to stop harassing my hero. Probably why Thanos and Death are scared to post in this thread
mean.gif
Do not speak my name as if you know me, boy. The entire universe stands in grave peril for I, Thanos, have arrived...

Last edited:
Drax better post in this thread to ether you. Prepare your thanos angus.

Last edited:
Thanos, it's uhh...kinda not your turn yet.

Come back in 2018.  Mmk?

Right now.  The focus should only be on me, and me only.    And maybe a little bit Tony.
I don't wanna shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaareeeeeeee

Last edited:
If BP isn't cool in the movie it seems like people are already hyped for luke cage's upcoming series and like his character a lot.

Dude pulling a don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood:

"I'm just tryin' to do to white girls what the white man's been doin' to us for 400 years"

Back
Top Bottom