WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Ryan Coogler Co-Writing BLACK PANTHER For Marvel; Update On Cast And Shooting Schedule

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige confirms that Creed director Ryan Coogler is both helming AND writing Black Panther and reveals when we'll start hearing more about the movie's cast..

Spider-Man swinging his way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe slightly delayed Black Panther's first solo adventure, but the movie is still happening with Creed director Ryan Coogler at the helm. However, other than the fact that Coogler is directing and Captain America: Civil War star Chadwick Boseman will be reprising the role of T'Challa, we know nothing about what to expect from this movie. Well, when Collider caught up with Kevin Feige recently, they asked for an update and just how close the script is to being finished. "Very soon. We have a number of writers on it including Ryan Coogler, who is also directing, he’s working on the draft right now. Between now and the end of the summer there will be more casting announcements. We start filming at the very beginning of next year."

This is the first we've heard about Coogler being involved with the script, but considering the fact that he penned Fruitvale Station and Creed, this is awesome news. It's also great to hear that we won't have too long to wait until casting news, especially as we currently have no idea what roles Marvel are looking to fill in Black Panther. Who do you hope to see? As always, be sure to stay tuned for updates.

Tessa Thompson Joins The Marvel Universe In ‘Thor: Ragnarok’

Tessa Thompson (Creed) has entered the Marvel Universe. The young actress first will star opposite Natalie Portman in Alex Garland’s Annihilation then segue to the third installment of the Thor franchise as Chris Hemsworth’s love interest. That film is expected to start production at the end of July.

Sources tell Deadline that Thompson’s character in Thor: Ragnarok will be a kind of superhero and will appear in other Marvel films as well. Thompson is a regular opposite Anthony Hopkins on HBO’s drama series Westworld, which resumed production this week.

Thor: Ragnarok is being directed by Taika Waititi and also stars Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Jamie Alexander, Mark Ruffalo and Lou Ferrigno. It’s scheduled for release November 3, 2017.

Thompson, who has been hotter than hot (Dear White People, Selma), is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency, Mosaic and Jackoway Tyerman.
http://deadline.com/2016/04/tessa-thompson-joins-the-marvel-universe-thor-ragnarok-1201735551/
I'm really looking forward to this film :lol:. Tessa is one of my favorite actresses right now so i'm hype she's getting to cook

According to some people on twitter this was a role that was being shopped around to Lupita and it's also being guessed that this is the new love interest since Portman is officially out

Last edited:
portman is out?

didn't know about that..

not going lie, if she's out now is the time to get some of the enchantress stuff going.. or I thought there were some rumors about sif essentially turning into enchantress (she was giving him the eyes in thor 2)

Last edited:
portman is out?

didn't know about that..

not going lie, if she's out now is the time to get some of the enchantress stuff going.. or I thought there were some rumors about sif essentially turning into enchantress (she was giving him the eyes in thor 2)
Details for Thompson’s part have not been revealed, but she could be the female lead as Natalie Portman, who was the female lead as Dr. Jane Foster in the previous two Thor installments, is not returning.

Read More: Natalie Portman Is Out, Tessa Thompson In, for ‘Thor: Ragnarok

portman is out?

didn't know about that..

Details for Thompson’s part have not been revealed, but she could be the female lead as Natalie Portman, who was the female lead as Dr. Jane Foster in the previous two Thor installments, is not returning.

Read More: Natalie Portman Is Out, Tessa Thompson In, for ‘Thor: Ragnarok
Thor getting some jungle fever? :wow: :pimp:

Man for all these actors who refuse to return or w/e they should really just kill their characters in epic ways. Just straight up let Loki kill Jane Foster.

I wonder what the reason is this time, for Thor and Jane's break up.

I really hope this upcoming Thor film will be the best film out of the three. I really want Marvel to take this movie to the next level.

weird but i really hope that rumor of them shaving Thor's head in the film is true

wanna seem Hemsworth rock the chrome dome

"I say, let’s keep going, let’s let the wave get bigger and bigger. It’s not like they’re making bad movies, they’re making great movies and if you want to put them in this superhero box you can but they’re good movies.” The 34 year old actor then added, "They’ve got a monopoly on it, they’re doing it and no one else can try and copy it.
- Chris Evans

:rofl: I love Chadwick already (i think they're replying to every tweet)

didn't watch it all but he has a rant about the people who think Disney pays for positive reviews around 14 minutes in lol

Last edited:
my little marvel fan boy brain cant comprehend these complex subject matters

frown.gif

embarassed.gif

"I say, let’s keep going, let’s let the wave get bigger and bigger. It’s not like they’re making bad movies, they’re making great movies and if you want to put them in this superhero box you can but they’re good movies.” The 34 year old actor then added, "They’ve got a monopoly on it, they’re doing it and no one else can try and copy it.
- Chris Evans

:rofl: I love Chadwick already (i think they're replying to every tweet)

I can't wait to see Stan Lee be the only white guy in Wakanda in the BP movie :lol:

"Captain Marvel" Filmmakers, Cast Members to Be Announced This Summer

"I think we’ll be announcing a filmmaker in the next month or two, and probably some cast members later in the summer, at the end of the summer," Feige told Fandango. Though he didn't confirm as much, he hinted that Marvel may make some of these announcements at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

Feige also said Marvel Studios is open to more female-led films -- just not before 2019. "Yes, for sure, I think [Black] Widow at some point would be great," he explained. "But when you start talking about things that are now four/five years away…sometimes we do that. 'Dr. Strange' has been talked about for ten years. But we’re focused on the next nine movies, which is a lot, between now and 2019."

:smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom