WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I still can't believe how they were able to structure this movie. The writers for Civil War was the same ppl who wrote the Thor movies. Either they had outside help or they really improved as time went on. Joss Whedon couldn't have done a better job of writing this movie.

They were able to make this feel like a Captain America movie but still give everyone time to shine. Woooow.

I have no problems at all having the same writing duo and the same directing duo for the Infinity War films. They've given me no reason to doubt them.

And I'll be the first to tell you that maybe a yr ago I had my doubts. I was really high on Joss Whedon.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the movie from beginning to end. Although, the first 30 minutes seemed slow, but it was definitely necessary to tell the story.

Zemo was an awesome character.

Totally forgot that Ant-Man was in the movie.

I loved the comic relief in the film. Perfect time.
"So, you like cats?"
"Can you move your seat up? - Bucky

"No." - Sam

Then the bro approval after Cap got his mack on. lol

And it wasn't too joke heavy. When the jokes came they were on point. One of my favorites thats very early in the movie
was when Sam asked BW has anyone called her paranoid before and she was like "Not to my face....why did you hear anything?"

Last edited:

Yo it didn't bother none of you IM stans that TONY KNEW that he was wrong but was still going to let his teammates rot. Tony told Ross who the real bomber was and Ross basically told him I don't care and then he did nothiiiin. He was just going to let them rot there!
Idk how you guys can be Team IM after that. My boy Steve a real one.
Bro team IM is tripping. After the movie I thought people would stop calling him Captain Nazi but I guess not.

So saw it at midnight last night. Still trying to reflect on how awesome it was. Seeing my two favorite comic book characters (Spidey and BP) done correctly and given adequate amount of screen time legit made me want to cry.

I'm a spider-stan. 

But now, for my in depth hot takes. 
I think they did a good job of showing each side's justifications for their reason for signing/not signing.
I'm a fan of the Iron Man character but I found myself flip-flopping. I liked Tony's side for accountability but the paranoid American in me also sided with Steve in regards to big government and hidden agendas when you have to answer to 170 countries. 

Now in regards to the entire conflict as a whole, accords and personal stakes included, I definitely have to side with Tony. 

Was very low of Steve to hold that information about Tony's parents from him, especially given the relationship between Howard and Steve. 

Kinda blew me that Steve was legit ready to kill Tony over his love for Bucky. 

Didn't like the open ended-ness of the conclusion of the film, but I guess it leaves it  for something bad to happen in order to re-unite all the Avengers.

Tbh, I'm glad that we didn't get full Zemo, hood and all this go-around. They gave him stakes that allow his character to develop throughout upcoming films and evolve into the Zemo from the comics. 

Loved some of the shots taken directly from the comics/inspired by the comics. Most specifically spidey with the shield and the final fight between Steve and Tony. 

"Friday analyze fight patterns" had me grinning from ear to ear just reminding me of the comics. 

The repulsor blast up against the shield in slow mo had me yelling out loud too.
Overall, easy 7/8 for me. Want to see it again when I don't have idiots behind me that can actually be quiet and not have to curse or make ghetto comments every minute. 

Also:
Thought it was funny how Tony found Aunt May attractive.
Ant-Man saying "Here's your shield, Captain America." was hilarious.

Spider-Man was good. Funny and almost got annoying. But that is Spidey lol.
What happens to Cap and the Avengers now? 
Everyone is still upset with Tony right?

The repulsor blast up against the shield in slow mo had me yelling out loud too.

This! I was just about to mention this too. This shot was so sick :pimp:

Also:

Thought it was funny how Tony found Aunt May attractive.

Ant-Man saying "Here's your shield, Captain America." was hilarious.

Spider-Man was good. Funny and almost got annoying. But that is Spidey lol.
What happens to Cap and the Avengers now? 

Everyone is still upset with Tony right?

Cap's team is on some Secret Avengers tip now.

Real quick, years later and I still haven't seen both Captain America's and both Avengers films. Do I need to see all 4 to truly enjoy CW?

Oh, Chadwick Boseman did an awesome job as T'Chala/Black Panther. Crazy how good he was in the film.

Still don't know much about his story, but look forward to his movie.

Real quick, years later and I still haven't seen both Captain America's and both Avengers films. Do I need to see all 4 to truly enjoy CW?
Yeah, just enjoy the films. It'll be worth it to understand everything in CW.

It would definitely help.

I rewatched all 4 movies last week to refresh my memory :lol:

Yo it didn't bother none of you IM stans that TONY KNEW that he was wrong but was still going to let his teammates rot. Tony told Ross who the real bomber was and Ross basically told him I don't care and then he did nothiiiin. He was just going to let them rot there!

Idk how you guys can be Team IM after that. My boy Steve a real one.
Bro team IM is tripping. After the movie I thought people would stop calling him Captain Nazi but I guess not.

In the comics tony was wrong..

In this tony was practical.. We live in a world with laws for a reason

There are more special people in the world than were just in that room.. Cap literally only saw the world as he thought it would apply to a handful of people

He saw it as a constricting thing that literally removed any freedom of choice he/they had.. Instead he should have simply looked at is as society requiring a doctor to have a medical license before he can practice that thing

Cap took the hardline.. numerous olive branches were extended to him.. But the only time he legit sat down to discuss was the very first instance

And considering what we saw of the 5 other WS that were left alive him and Bucky would have got washed.. But he never actually went to the other avengers and tried talking to them about what was going on

Only person who actually knew what was going on with cap was falcon.. Agent 13 knew some, but who knows if she knew everything.. Who knows if BW knew everything.. Same for WS

I re-watched all of Phase 1 with the wifey last week as I hadn't seen any of those movies in a long time. Seeing all 12 movies and then this just brings the entire universe together.

We're 13 movies into the the MCU :wow: and Civil War was a culmination of everything we've seen these characters go through. This has become a cinematic series, similar to a television series and Civil War was like a season finale.

after the reveal in Cap2 with Hydra in SHIELD, I really do understand why Cap's not up for some other people telling them what to do. Rather be paranoid than sorry

Exactly. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about that. It was brought up in a review how Winter Soldier was a tool of Hydra to serve their agenda and Stark was wanting to sign off on the Accords that would essentially make the Avengers a tool of the UN to serve their agenda.

Hydra/shield were secret/ spy organizations..

WS lacked any choice whatsoever in his actions

That is exactly cap's problem in all of this, he jumped to those extremes.. Signing a piece of legislation doesn't automatically turn the individual into what the WS was/is

Their brains don't just turn to mush.. Hell, they haven't even joined the military where you have to follow every single command

Overall, easy 7/8 for me. Want to see it again when I don't have idiots behind me that can actually be quiet and not have to curse or make ghetto comments every minute. 

I really need to know where you went cause if you went to the Hoffman last night in VA... that might have been me. Sorry man. I couldn't hold in my excitement.

Back
Top Bottom