WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

so everyone killgrave brainwashed and forced to commit crimes should be thrown in jail too right?

Yes, because you are responsible for your actions, regardless if you made them willingly or not.

:lol:

Think it's difficult to determine because, as far as I know, there's nothing close to the brainwashing Bucky went through in our world. While the defense does exist within the legal and psychological field it's naturally not viewed with any kind of real credibility.

^ Which goes back to why I didn't like how they made him the punching bag:

1.) Loses Pepper

2.) Still mourning his parents' deaths

3.) Finds out his "teammate" killed his parents

4.) Finds out his friend hid this fact from him

5.) Feels responsible for Rhodey's paralysis

6.) Gets guilt tripped by a victim's mother
7.) Admits to being jealous at cap this entire time because his daddy talked about steve rogers more than his own son

8.) Has to deal with an old friend (hawkeye) tell him off

9.) For the first time ever he has to answer to a superior 

I thought it was the right move to make him a tragic character, it's more interesting when tony is dealing with his problems and acting serious than when he's throwing jokes around and acting "cool" like in the avengers movies.

Every character's better when they're written with tragedy. Add's more depth and humanity to them. Batman's interesting for the same reason.

Last edited:
Not surprising that the losing team's supporters are so salty. They should've never supported a guy who created a killer robot that lifted a city into the sky.
To be fair, Tony and Bruce had good intentions with that, no?

1.) Loses Pepper
Ironman 4: Demon In A Bottle :nerd:

1.) Loses Pepper

But Tony is the "face" of the Avengers. That was the whole point was to bring him down to his most vulnerable level. When you look at IM1 and how cocky and full of bravado he is telling the world how he was Iron Man. Bypassed the whole "Iron Man is my bodyguard" shtick that his source material adhered him to for years. Now you fast forward 8 years and this man has pulled a 180. He's seen things that have humbled him and made someone so brash and carefree into someone looking over there shoulder. The opposite happens with Cap.

1.) Loses Pepper
Ironman 4: Demon In A Bottle
nerd.gif
There is no damn way RDJ will approve of that given his history.

so everyone killgrave brainwashed and forced to commit crimes should be thrown in jail too right?
Yes, because you are responsible for your actions, regardless if you made them willingly or not.

laugh.gif
Think it's difficult to determine because, as far as I know, there's nothing close to the brainwashing Bucky went through in our world. While the defense does exist within the legal and psychological field it's naturally not viewed with any kind of real credibility.
but logically, if someone came into someones life and took total control over their body (and no where in this process did they ever have a choice in anything) would you really blame them for doing things they had no control over and never signed up for?

What?

Its a movie about superhumans. Nothing comes close to them, in reality. Not even olympians. Why are we trying to equate the brainwashing in this realm to the real world?

You can't hold Bucky responsible for his actions if he wasn't in control. He had no free will. TWS solider is basically a gun. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. THe person controling him is responsible. 

but logically, if someone came into someones life and took total control over their body (and no where in this process did they ever have a choice in anything) would you really blame them for doing things they had no control over and never signed up for?

No, because it's not their fault. But the crime was still committed regardless. It's not necessarily "just" to put someone in jail for something they didn't do. Nor is it "just" to the victim that was harmed by what they did however.

What?

What about what?

Its a movie about superhumans. Nothing comes close to them, in reality. Not even olympians. Why are we trying to equate the brainwashing in this realm to the real world?

Are you saying Olympians are real?

Last edited:
Also, just like comic book girl mentioned, I loved that airport scene when Tony is pleading with Steve to stop what he's doing and he has gets extremely emotional for a second and then gets back calm when he's telling steve that he's trying to keep the Avengers together. Its like Tony finally found acceptance and it was being snatched away from him. And we as the audience have followed him every step so we know where he's coming from 
embarassed.gif

1.) Loses Pepper

Tony deserves all those L's b

laugh.gif

No, because it's not their fault. But the crime was still committed regardless. It's not necessarily "just" to put someone in jail for something they didn't do. Nor is it "just" to the victim that was harmed by what they did however.
Which is why the russians/hydra should take all the blame

bucky and the people who died are victims 

just like in jessica jones there's no question that the brainwashed are victims and all the blame should be put on killgrave 

Also, just like comic book girl mentioned, I loved that airport scene when Tony is pleading with Steve to stop what he's doing and he has gets extremely emotional for a second and then gets back calm when he's telling steve that he's trying to keep the Avengers together. Its like Tony finally found acceptance and it was being snatched away from him. And we as the audience have followed him every step so we know where he's coming from 
embarassed.gif
I can't knock Tony for trying to keep the team together.

But the friendships are all dead by the end of it. Thanos will feast on the dissension.

"While the defense does exist within the legal and psychological field it's naturally not viewed with any kind of real credibility."
What does this mean?  How is it not naturally viewed with any kind of credibility ?

What?

What about what?

:lol: I don't think he's talking about Mt. Olympus.

What about what?

I am. He equated brainwashing in Marvel to the real world. When it's not the same at all. (As far as we know)

View media item 2024433

It's not even a guess if the movie. There were scenes that showed him getting brainwashed. #staywoke

Last edited:

I can't knock Tony for trying to keep the team together.

But the friendships are all dead by the end of it. Thanos will feast on the dissension.
I love it!!! He can't ever look at Steve the same or Widow the same.
What'd you guys think of Widow helping out Cap/Bucky?
she got caught up in the same guilt trip as tony

but after actually experiencing what it was like working for the government which had terrible leadership, she was like nah this is BS

plus she's really close with steve and never really liked tony 

Back
Top Bottom