WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

No, because it's not their fault. But the crime was still committed regardless. It's not necessarily "just" to put someone in jail for something they didn't do. Nor is it "just" to the victim that was harmed by what they did however.
What about what?
Are you saying Olympians are real?

I am. He equated brainwashing in Marvel to the real world. When it's not the same at all. (As far as we know)

View media item 2024433

View media item 2024441

Last edited:

What'd you guys think of Widow helping out Cap/Bucky?
It was awesome. It went with her background of being shrouded in mystery and it was foreshadowed with her "telling the government to kiss her ***" and then Falcon reiterating the same thing in CW 
laugh.gif
 She saw first hand with Cap how shady the government was and it carried her characters story. It actually put me on board to see a Black Widow solo film. Was never a fan of her in the comics but she has become very interesting in the films.

Or she knew how stubborn Captain Brokeback is when it comes to his lover. She even says that Cap would have never stopped and kept trying to save Bucky.

Because the defense is looked at as a joke.
By Whom... there is a huge difference from being coerced and being controlled without your will.  The Killgrave example is no different then what Hydra did with Bucky.  All were unwilling participants.  They did not ask to be controlled and had no power to stop their actions at the time without a third party intervening .

Last edited:
Or she knew how stubborn Captain Brokeback is when it comes to his lover. She even says that Cap would have never stopped and kept trying to save Bucky.
did you pay attention to the movie?

they were not trying to save bucky, they were trying to get to russia before zemo to stop him from releasing the super soldiers 

they were trying to save the world from having to deal with another highly dangerous threat 

Yeah, wasn't shocked by the BW turn.

So Im guessing the chick ready to whoop BWs *** is little sister
nerd.gif
Naw. That's BP's elite security team
So BP basically has it all:

- King of a powerful, technologically advanced country

- Fine honeys

- Impregnable suit

- Elite security team

- Incredible knowledge and physical skillset

- Nearly unlimited source of Vibranium

The only grip I had about BP in this film was: Why does his damn necklace look so tight on his neck?

By Whom... there is a huge difference from being coerced and being controlled without your will.  The Killgrave example is no different then what Hydra did with Bucky.  All were unwilling participants.  They did not ask to be controlled and had no power to stop their actions at the time without a third party intervening .

Um, by numerous people within both the legal and psychological fields :lol: Like all you need to know that is to do a quick google search into the practice. The insanity defense was the same for the longest time.

The rest of what you're talking about then does nothing to change how the defense is looked at in REALITY, because it doesn't exist in our world.

Last edited:

Um, bb numerous people within both the legal and psychological fields
laugh.gif
Like all you need to know that is to do a quick google search into thr practice. The insanity defense was the same for the longest time.
@Jays25 --

Honest question: if you were controlled by a terrorist organization like Hydra, had absolutely no control of your body/mind/free will, and were essentially a pawn forced to do unspeakable acts of violence/murder, would you think it's fair if the gov't put you away forever and/or possibly killed you after you regained your consciousness?

Last edited:

- Fine honeys

- Impregnable suit

- Elite security team

The only grip I had about BP in this film was: Why does his damn necklace look so tight on his neck?
Yea, he pretty much has it all. Well, except for Aurora Monroe in this universe. But I did notice the necklace too.  

Um, by numerous people within both the legal and psychological fields
laugh.gif
Like all you need to know that is to do a quick google search into the practice. The insanity defense was the same for the longest time.

The rest of what you're talking about then does nothing to change how the defense is looked at in REALITY, because it doesn't exist in our world.
in the real world insanity is weak because its impossible to prove it and most people think it's BS

in the MCU brainwashing is treated as a fact and no one even doubts or denies that bucky had no control over his actions 

When someone is in a car unknowing that it's about to commit a drive by shooting, they are arrested and charged as an accessory.

Bucky is the guy trapped inside the car that is the Winter Soldier.

You can feel bad for dude but it is what it is. It happens everyday. People are saying "it's not Bucky's fault" but that's only half true. People get arrested for unknowingly being a part of a crime all the time. It's just the fact that while unknowingly, he pulled the trigger himself.

Y'all just tryna give him a pass because he's Cap's life partner

I really thought this movie was going to hit $200M domestically this weekend. More surprised it didn't even get close to that with $181M. Still a huge number though...

When someone is in a car unknowing that it's about to commit a drive by shooting, they are arrested and charged as an accessory.

You can feel bad for dude but it is what it is. It happens everyday. People are saying "it's not Bucky's fault" but that's only half true. People get arrested for unknowingly being a part of a crime all the time. It's just the fact that while unknowingly, he pulled the trigger himself.

getting in a car and associating yourself with people who are killers is a choice

bucky had no choice at all in the matter

plus the movie ended with him being put in the most logical place for all parties involved so I really dont see the problem here 

Um, by numerous people within both the legal and psychological fields
laugh.gif
Like all you need to know that is to do a quick google search into the practice. The insanity defense was the same for the longest time.

Being controlled by another is not "insanity" in the legal term you seem to be using it as. 

did you pay attention to the movie?

they were not trying to save bucky, they were trying to get to russia before zemo to stop him from releasing the super soldiers 

they were trying to save the world from having to deal with another highly dangerous threat 

Black Panther wanted to capture Bucky, no? So if Black Widow doesn't stop BP like she did, what would then be the logical next event to occur?

Thank god you are not a judge or involved in the government. What kind of logic is that? Bucky couldn't control himself. He did not posses free will. 

slighted slighted Hmm, don't know that i'd say that was fair, because as sea manup and I discussed above I was not technically responsible for my actions. I did still committ said actions however and depending on the severity of them I don't know that it'd be fair for me to be allowed to walk away scott free.

sea manup sea manup Actually there are ways to prove insanity, which are required for the defense itself. But yes, the argument is still looked down upon regardless.
Um, by numerous people within both the legal and psychological fields :lol: Like all you need to know that is to do a quick google search into the practice. The insanity defense was the same for the longest time.

Being controlled by another is not "insanity" in the legal term you seem to be using it as. 

No, you're just very, very confused, because i'm not using insanity to refer to be controlled at all :rolleyes

- Fine honeys

- Impregnable suit

- Elite security team

Yea, he pretty much has it all. Well, except for Aurora Monroe in this universe. But I did notice the necklace too.  
This was very distracting.

Back
Top Bottom