WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Yeah I mean I could watch AoU again but it's sort of like whatever to me.

Maybe after CW came out it sort of lost it's luster :lol:

Yeah I mean I could watch AoU again but it's sort of like whatever to me.

Maybe after CW came out it sort of lost it's luster :lol:
I think you're right. Even though CW is a "Cap" titled film, I keep looking at it as a Avengers movie.

P6m5Xxy.png

Yikes, what a mess

qombxRn.gif

Not even gonna bother watching that crap. Lost all hope for it the minute I saw those cheap looking costumes.

Schnepp went in in that video :lol:

comparing the opening to a coors light commercial :lol:

"if this is appearing on your IMDB, just erase it" :lol:
said Iron Fist was Oscar caliber compared to Inhumans :rofl:

might peep just to laugh at it

dude kept it going talkin about Leo playing the Joker too

Last edited:
started watching IRON FISTS and why are there so many board meetings?! Scott Buck killed this series just like he did dexter and I assume that Inhumans is probably bad too.

What Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ IMAX Performance Means for ABC Series

Audiences got their first look at Marvel Television’s upcoming ABC series “Inhumans” over the Labor Day weekend, though not on TV. But soft numbers at the feature-film box office are not an encouraging sign for how the show will perform on TV.

As part of a unique production partnership, Marvel, ABC Studios, and IMAX mounted a theatrical release for the first two episodes of the superhero-action drama. Over the weekend, the 84-minute “Inhumans” feature earned an estimated $2.6 million across 676 IMAX screens worldwide, including $1.5 million via 393 IMAX screens in North America. That tally is relatively modest. But given that the holiday weekend saw no new wide U.S. releases from studios and capped an abysmal summer at the box office, IMAX is getting credit for taking a swing.

“My hat was off to any distributor that released something at least new and innovative and different on this very slow Labor Day weekend,” said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at ComScore. “At least IMAX looked at the marketplace, saw an opportunity and did [something] for the fans. To me, that’s a winning strategy.”

Marvel, ABC, and IMAX announced the greenlight for “Inhumans” last November as a joint production that would see IMAX share costs with the Disney division, then premiere the first two episodes exclusively ahead of the show’s fall premiere on ABC. (The episodes air back-to-back Sept. 29 on ABC with several minutes of additional footage not seen in the IMAX feature included.)

Such crossovers between television and theatrical film are rare. When the “Game of Thrones” season four finale screened in IMAX theaters over Super Bowl weekend in 2015, it drew $1.4 million in the U.S. — a shade less than the “Inhumans” premiere.

Thanks to the investment from IMAX, Disney divisions Marvel and ABC consider the show effectively paid for, regardless of its performance on broadcast, where it will air on Friday nights. But the trailers for series and clips screened this summer at Comic-Con have fueled negative early buzz for the series.

Speaking at the Television Critics Association press tour in August, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey warned reporters that the premiere episode that had been made available for them to view was not a complete project. “I think that the episode that you guys have seen is still a bit of a work in progress,” Dungey said. “We are still a month away from final air, but I do feel like there’s great opportunity there as well.”

ABC sources tell Variety that concerns over quality of “Inhumans” episodes — both the special effects of early cuts and the underpinning scripts — were a source of contention between ABC and Marvel. The IMAX box-office numbers will do little to reverse that narrative, and could dissuade future such hybrids strategies.

“The fact that they really didn’t do that well for IMAX doesn’t bode well for other networks copying this strategy and also whether the show will be successful,” said veteran media analyst Brad Adgate.

Star Wars & Marvel movies officially leaving Netflix in 2019 according to Bog Iger

How HULK Ends Up On Thor 3’s Gladiator Planet

As was explained to us by production designer Dan Hennah (Lord of the Rings), wormholes aren’t that uncommon in the MCU’s version of outer space. Simply take a wrong turn, get tossed from a faster-than-light trip, and you’re likely to wind up washing out of a cosmic sewer pipe smack into Sakaar. Apparently, wormholes exist either close enough to Earth’s atmosphere to snag the Quinjet, Hulk and all, or the smashing superhero really did decide to head into the stars and leave his Earthly troubles behind.

Ragnarok Will Explain Thor & Jane’s Break-Up
When we raised the question of Thor’s romantic partner during our visit to the Ragnarok set, the smile on star Chris Hemsworth’s face reflected his character’s amusement – especially now that we know meeting Valkyrie turns Thor into a total fanboy:

It’s like Thor’s meeting his hero! And he’s absolutely smitten by her and because of her history, and being a Valkyrie and all of that. But she’s also this beautiful woman so he’s kind of caught off guard. And she can, you know, she could beat the s*** out of him if she wanted. So I think he hasn’t come up against that very often.

It certainly wasn’t the case with Jane. There was a whole different affection and love there. So that was another, you know, ‘How can we make that different from the previous one?’

So Thor is just over Jane now?

Umm, no we have this, we have some… some very respectable fun with how that relationship may have come to an end [laughs].

When Thor: Ragnarok is Set in The MCU Timeline

“It’s not like, five minutes after Ultron ends we start this movie. It’s a couple years later… This movie takes place basically… You know, it’s hard. In the timeline of the MCU, things kind of happen on top of each other, especially now in Phase Three. They’re not as interlocked as they were in Phase One, you know, during Fury’s Big Week and everything. So [Thor: Ragnarok] happens maybe on top of Civil War, on top of Spider-Man [Homecoming]. Somewhere in that ball park.

Marvel Finally Explains PLANET HULK Movie Rumors

The rumors of Marvel developing the PLANET HULK comic into a movie may finally come true with Thor: Ragnarok – but not in the way fans (or those who broke the rumors) likely expected. For those who may have forgotten, or had not yet been a committed MCU fan when rumors of a Planet Hulk movie first surfaced back in 2013, it would be easy to confuse the images of a ‘gladiator Hulk’ in Ragnarok as an adaptation, in one form or another, of the 2006 Greg Pak, Carlo Pagulayan, and Aaron Lopresti story.

The truth, as is usually the case, is even stranger. When we got the chance to ask the producer of Ragnarok about the Planet Hulk influences on Thor’s new movie, the real origin of the rumors was offered. And as disappointed as some Marvel Comics fans may be to see one of Hulk’s most epic adventures stripped down to add some flavor to a Thor threequel, it could have been worse. Apparently, the plan for Thor 3 was originally to adapt even more of Planet Hulk… but swapping in Thor as the story’s stranded hero, instead of Bruce Banner.

Fans should feel no need to raise their pitchforks in protest, since Ragnarok seems to be honoring Hulk with the same level of victory and gladiatorial prowess as his comic. Speaking with the film’s producer Brad Winderbaum on set last year, the fact that Marvel Studios was adapting a Hulk story into a Thor movie was predictably raised. Winderbaum’s explanation was simple… even if it helped clear away most, if not all of the mystery surrounding the 2013 reports of a Planet Hulk adaptation away once and for all:

I mean, it was a very early idea. In the earliest development of Thor, we were looking at ‘Planet Hulk’ as inspiration, maybe not even to integrate the Hulk into the franchise but the idea of a planet where there’s gladiatorial games as being a Thor predicament. It really was a cool idea to us.

Somewhere in the early conversations, when it looked like it was going that way, it was a no brainer. It actually started off as like, ‘…could we have Hulk in there too?’ And then as soon as that spark ignited, it ignited kind of an idea machine. And suddenly [Hulk] was married to the plot.

Thor Can ‘Never Go Back’ From Ragnarok’s Ending
Taika Waititi: Well, he’s a lot grubbier. That’s been one of my main things… I think everyone’s a bit too shiny and clean in the other films. So we’re just trying to… I love heroes that really go through ordeals, and they come out the other end completely changed, not just ‘Oh I’ve got a girlfriend now.’ They come out the other side, they’ve been through the ringer.

We do a lot to this character in this film. And you know, a lot of people have been wanting to see this idea of Ragnarok. A lot of people are excited by the idea of what Ragnarok means. But to me, it means stripping down the establishment of what’s already there, and then building it up in a new way. Which is almost like this cyclic idea of Ragnarok.

So there’s my own personal idea of Ragnarok: what we’re doing to the character and to the franchise, and to the story. But in a way where what comes out the other end is way more exciting and interesting. And in a way, you can never go back from that.

Disney CEO Bob Iger Says Marvel, Star Wars Movies Will Be on Streaming Service

The exec also revealed a launch date for the planned Disney and ESPN apps and said his studio would produce four to five original films, and TV fare, for the Disney streaming service.

Disney CEO Bob Iger on Thursday said his studio will launch its direct-to-consumer streaming service in late 2019, with Marvel and Star Wars movies on the upcoming app.

Iger told the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2017 Media, Communications and Entertainment Conference in Los Angeles that the studio will produce four to five original films for exclusive use on the planned Disney app, mostly live action. And around 500 films from the Disney library will show up on the direct-to-consumer platform, in addition to around 7,000 episodes of Disney TV fare.

"It will have the entire output of the studio, animation, live action at Disney, including Pixar, Star Wars and all the Marvel films," Iger said. The Disney-branded app will also include around four to five original TV series, and the studio will produce three to four TV movies for the direct-to-consumer offering.

Also on the TV side, recent seasons of Disney TV series will show up on the platform, in additions to short-form content from the major studio. "You have to think of the Disney app as a traditional SVOD service," Iger told investors, without specifying a monthly fee for what he added was a "treasure trove" of Disney-branded content.

Iger added the separate ESPN app, also intended as a direct-to-consumer offering, will launch in spring 2018. "If you're a big sporting fan, it will be one app," he added.

The planned ESPN app will include Major League Baseball games, NHL games, Major League Baseball, pro tennis and a slew of college sports events. "it will be 10,000 live sports events in the first year," Iger forecast.

Disney in August said it had acquired a large stake in Major League Baseball's streaming technology business, BAMTech, to get into the direct-to-consumer space.

The entertainment and media conglomerate agreed to acquire a 33 percent stake in BAMTech for $1 billion. BAMTech powers streaming services for several sports and media companies.

Disney also in August made the bombshell announcement that its movies would not remain available on Netflix, starting in 2019, after a current licensing deal ends. It will instead launch its own, Disney-branded streaming service.

Iger at the time touted the growing opportunity for direct-to-consumer services, but didn't have many specifics to share about the planned streaming service's pricing and the like beyond saying that the company would also invest in original content for it.

Disney in August also said it would launch a streaming service for its sports juggernaut ESPN.

Iger's employment contract runs through mid-2019. No successor has been named. By Wall Street consensus, no internal candidate has emerged as a clear heir apparent since Disney jettisoned Iger's original favorite, Tom Staggs, in 2015.

There are several internal names whose names have been mentioned as possible successors. Ben Sherwood, who serves as co-chair of Disney Media Networks and president of Disney/ABC Television, oversees a key profit center. Bob Chapek, who chairs Disney's parks and resorts, has broad experience and also appears to have Iger's trust. James Pitaro, the head of consumer products and interactive media, has digital experience, having served as head of Yahoo Media. And CFO Christine McCarthy has been working closely with Iger but lacks operational experience.

Back
Top Bottom