WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I’ve only seen it once and thoroughly enjoyed it but am concerned it won’t hold up as well as IF in future watchings cuz so much of what I enjoyed was fan service. Immaculately constructed fan service, but fan service nonetheless.

I think the film will hold up because it will always be paired with IW when spoken about. With both of those movies it seems like people are either pro one or the other. There are few who absolutely love both but they make each other better films. Watching both back to back on a sunday afternoon will be the comic book film version of watching Godfather 1 and 2 concurrently.

CM and SM will be the new IM and CA and I’m ok with that.

I personally feel IM and Cap will still be around. For the longest I thought Feige was going for the silver age of comics look for the films after IW and Endgame were over but with the character liberties he took with the big 3 and Fox getting on board (#F4byke) it seems to me that he’s recreating the bronze era. Marvel’s Saturday morning cartoon era with a some filler in between to build the lore of the universe like Shang- Chi, The Eternals, some lore on Black Widow where ever it may take place. But the X-men and F4 are on the horizon with Spider-Man leading the promotional charge. Once audiences get acclimated they’ll bring back the big 3 just for some event film and have the world going nuts again. Russo’s keep crying about wanting to do Secret Wars so there’s that. But they clearly modeled Infinity War after parts of Secret War but eh. It’ll happen.

If anything they nerfed Thanos. This is the man who's name struck fear in Celestials. He killed the Silver Surfer with his bare hands. Captain Marvel shouldn't be able to match up with him.

I mean, it did take all the stones to beat him.

He was hanging with them all butt naked.

Cap was giving him work though.

U 4 and 5 time watchers
Gotta chill
Y’all messing it up for us
Who seen it once
Don’t try and come in here
With all ur minor gripes now
That’s y’all fault for seeing it so many times

To be honest the more I’ve seen it, the better it’s gotten. The nitpicks are apparent because the movie is damn near flawless. Crazy how the scope of this film is bigger than IW and a solid 1/3rd of it takes place in Avengers facility. I have to drive by the Porsche Experience center 5 times a week. I can’t look at it the same after seeing Thanos blow it up :lol: keep thinking the Avengers are really in there.

no it didn’t. That’s what you want to believe lol

She blew up the ship, cool. Was she the savior, nah. Played a big part but was not the savior.

Now yall are really wylin' because that's just common sense.

If I save you from death and NOBODY else can do it (according to you guys) then *drumroll* I'm a savior and you needed me. That's simple logic. You cannot change those rules based on what you think.

Yall got it though. I'll leave her alone. Lol I'm done with this convo.

Just thinking/hearing “cheeseburgers” got me like

39269540-E6CC-4A0A-854B-3CB0C3220E1C.gif

Still can't believe they got to the ****s immediately and brutally murdered Thanos. Wait spoiler time lifted right?

PM still empty b.
We'll just have to agree to disagree then.
If you want to disagree with a fact go ahead.

Imma live in reality where just cuz you think you made a fair assumption doesn't mean you can dismiss facts.

:lol: @ she saved them by destroying the ship so she's the savior.

By this logic Bruce Banner is the savior for snapping everyone back in to existence cuz there'd be no way Tony, Thor, Steve, Scott, Rhodey, Bruce, Rocket, Nebula, 2014 Gamora, and Carol are defeating Thanos and his entire army.

So now we know who the real savior is.

Saying you wanted more from Captain Marvel is a completely different matter than they said she would be the savior and was needed. The Russos juggled like 25+ characters and managed to give moments to a lot of main characters and character who were way more emotionally invested in beating Thanos. I'm sure they cut stuff out so it wouldn't be a 4 hr movie.

Last edited:
I found it odd that Thanos with no stones and a sword was putting in more work than Thanos with > 3 stones
Was he really?

He did his thing against a washed Thor and Cap and IM who are both only human.

CM and Thanos looked even until he used the raw power stone.

Scarlet Witch was really really close to thrashing him.

I don't remember him fighting anyone else

What about all the people that already remarried? Whole world is the third act of Pearl Harbor now.
The returned dusted spouse is gonna have to get down with that polyamory life :pimp:

It goes further cuz just like Tony think of the children born in that time frame.
Doubt it. CM doesn't have the charisma. It's likely to be Doctor Strange and someone else .
Youre talking like Steve Rogers has charisma :lol:

Son was always wild bland.

Ain't nothing Rogers has done Danvers cant when it cones to personality and attitude.

The returned dusted spouse is gonna have to get down with that polyamory life :pimp:

It goes further cuz just like Tony think of the children born in that time frame.

Nah Steve had subtle charisma

I understood the sentiment but it was a weird moment.

Got Happy monloguing about cheeseburgers and Morgan just like "...ok?"
Not really, Tony really did love cheeseburgers, call back to when he was rescued from the cave and what he asked for. Fan service really, but a good moment.

Ain't nothing Rogers has done Danvers cant when it cones to personality and attitude.
Iron was the one with charisma which is why i said Strange and someone else

Boy that was ... something. I’ll probably rant later

I found it odd that Thanos with no stones and a sword was putting in more work than Thanos with > 3 stones
It made no sense. A lot of the movie made no sense. Thanos with 4 stones in the last movie was having trouble and with all 6 he even got stabbed by Thor. But bare handed he’s now somehow stronger

Why did happy stop making IM films
First one is the best and only one directed by him
I remember him and Disney beefing over something
But dude still directs other Disney films

Wow. So you are a superman fan. He's probably the most OP of the popular superheroes.

But you don't like CM cuz she's so OP that she's not relatable?

1. In the grand scheme of DC comics Superman's really not that OP. I'm not going to argue the particulars about Superman with someone who is clearly not too familiar with the character's mythology.

2. The comics Captain Marvel is not that OP. I don't like the character because she's bland, has no personality, her origin is uninteresting, she's a weak legacy character, and her only claim to fame is that a more interesting character had her powers for a bit. And unlike Superman, she has no memorable stories despite being around for decades. Unless someone can enlighten me.

3. I don't like the MCU Captain Marvel because of all of the above, because Brie Larson has not sold me with her charisma-free performance, AND because she's OP in the movies.

I understood the sentiment but it was a weird moment.

Got Happy monloguing about cheeseburgers and Morgan just like "...ok?"

I thought that too by gave the five year old girl a pass. That was probably the best she could do and the Russo’s didn’t wanna spent any more money to bring in and de-age Dakota Fanning and just called it a wrap.

Back
Top Bottom