WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Spider-Man: Far From Home 6/8

This was really really good. A great MCU epilogue movie for the Infinity saga. Not the best Spider-Man movie though. In some ways (action, pacing, visuals), This was better than Homecoming but in other ways (emotional stakes and investment, character arc, plot and plot twist, etc.) HC was way better.

Jake G was great. Got no complaints on his performance. I see some even got am issue with exposition filled monologue plot twist but for me even that fit corny *** Quentin Beck.

Holland did his thing once again although I was not feeling the character arc. Supporting characters were kinda weak in this for me. Ned was funny though. Maybe cuz I'm locked in to Euphoria but I ain't care about MJ at all. Her finding out didnt move me.

If it wasnt for the end credits reveal I would've thought Sam Jackson forgot how to play old grizzled Nick Fury. Such hammy forced lines in this. I feel like his complaint about one poster with eye patch on the wrong eye was him hinting @ Skrull too even though thats more of a call back to Chameleon on the 90s show.

3rd act was great. Action was unparalleled when it comes to web slinging, fighting, and the actual stakes. Mysterio was twisted and gave no ****s about killing ppl just so he could make himself look like the hero. 2nd act Mysterio illusions was a total mind****. Better than any comic or cartoon depiction. The use of drones were so apt.

I see what Feige is doing to Sony on this Spider-Man deal and a possible renewal. I know it's a "epilogue" to Endgame and the last movie of this phase but hey made Far From Home so Tony Stark centric that a lot of story and plot beats are hard to digest if you haven't watched a good chunk of MCU movies. I feel like it'd be easier to not watch Infinity War and catch up watching Endgame than it would be to miss EG and try watching FFH :lol:

If I got a Secret Santa on here, this it.
Just saying he/she just got their work cutout..
obfkrtmgmenxfbscxvnj.png
20190704_223531.jpg
20190704_223547.jpg

Also I kinda wish even with how it ended there was more hinting towards a Sinister 6. They teased that at the end of HC and after everything thats happened in the MCU it was dropped here fot a followup.

Another thing, even though anybody who onows Mysterio could predict the plot twist I still enjoyed the story. What would've been a great twist I'm on that is a post credits scene confirming that a multiverse does exist and the snap(s) did in fact open up rifts to other alternate earths or dimensions. Then they could've teased the arrival of some heroes or villains (Morlun and the Inheritors, Annihilus or Blastaar, the Beyonder, etc)

Stan Lee will somehow someway be immortalized I'm hoping.
What's the word on that rumor of him being a Watcher?

Yeah I’m kind of hoping that they do establish a multiverse

I do want jake to come back though because damn
He did a hell of a ******* job lol

Gonna have to see what happens between Sony and marvel next though but I’m sure they’ll work it out because spidey is just too damn good

Reactions: sb
One more thing, the reason things flowed so easily for Mysterio in this is cuz spider-sense is so poorly defined in the MCU.

Its suppose to be automatic like second nature. Yeah you can have a learning experience where Peter has to ignore what he sees and trust his instincts like they did were he closes his eyes in the 3rd act but it's still always buzzing in his mind cuz its not something he can turn off or easily ignore.

From the jump when "Fury" showed up it should've been warning him that this dude is lying and is an impostor. When Beck told his alt reality story more flares should've went off.

The entire reason his cover is blown globally is cuz of Talos technically. Once he said you can keep your mask off everyone knows who you are spider-sense should've went off. Yeah Beck would've found out some other way but still.

They didn't even bother to come up with a reason for why Peter's spider-sense wouldn't go off around all of those liars and impostors or why he would ignore it.

Given Mysterio was the villain here, one of the bigger themes for Peter in this should've been to trust your gut.

Last edited:
Reactions: sb
See, I always figured if I had Spider-Man powers, I’d be the best NFL reciever/running back of all time.

Of course you’d have to let them tackle you every once in awhile... but with the spidey sense you’d dodge everything and catch every ball. Not to mention never fumble.

If I were Spider-Man, I would become the best boxer of all time and flaunt my stacks on IG like Mayweather. You've got the Spidey Sense, super strength, quick reflexes. Nobody could stop you. You might have to eat a punch of two to sell it here and there. Pull up in nothing but Rolls Royces. The Spidey Team. Plus, you probably have increased stamina, can smash numerous *****es at once.

Of course, if you have a washed uncle who gets killed, all of that goes out the window.

the way players are getting paid, id go mlb or nba, mlb is probably gon be the easiest with the spidey sense and super strength, just keep hitting those balls out of the park

nba would be more fun to me so id probably choose that

at spidey's size, dude would have to be a CB or WR (just to sell it, obviously).. personally i'd go CB, with his skills, he'd be less dependent on other players to have an impact

WR still dependent on the QB to get him the ball, which calls for the Oline blocking.. whereas with CB, dude could just go out and do his own thing really

also dude would clearly be a hell of a returner

I think it’s safe to say, Spidey would make a great athlete at pretty much any sport... lol.

Why I always say I’d want his powers over other super hero’s...

Back
Top Bottom