WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

One more thing, the reason things flowed so easily for Mysterio in this is cuz spider-sense is so poorly defined in the MCU.

Its suppose tonbe automatic like second nature. Yeah you can have a learning experience where Peter has to ignore what he sees and trust his instincts like they did were he closes his eyes in the 3rd act but it's still always buzzing in his mind cuz its not something he can turn off or easily ignore.

From the jump when "Fury" showed up it should've been warning him that this dude is lying and is an impostor. When Beck told his alt reality story more flares should've went off.

The entire reason his cover is blown globally is cuz of Talos technically. Once he said you can keep your mask off everyone knows who you are spider-sense should've went off. Yeah Beck would've found out some other way but still.

They didn't even bother to come up with a reason for why Peter's spider-sense wouldn't go off around all of those liars and impostors or why he would ignore it.

Given Mysterio was the villain here, one of the bigger themes for Peter in this should've been to trust your gut.

in a sense, the whole movie was an emphasis on his lack of spidey sense. the shades, fury, mysterio, the banana, getting caught with his pants down, etc.

I think it’s safe to say, Spidey would make a great athlete at pretty much any sport... lol.

Why I always say I’d want his powers over other super hero’s...

without a doubt.. but i think football would be his best bet.. he can kinda halfa$$ things and get paid.. basically just run the same speed as whatever WRs he's shadowing and then every once and a while pick a pass and defend some passes and dude is easily getting 20+ mill per year

and then throw in returning couple TDs per season

See, I always figured if I had Spider-Man powers, I’d be the best NFL reciever/running back of all time.

Of course you’d have to let them tackle you every once in awhile... but with the spidey sense you’d dodge everything and catch every ball. Not to mention never fumble.
That aint where the money at.

I'd be a 3 sport athlete and Olympian if I'm not resulting to a straight up life of crime.
in a sense, the whole movie was an emphasis on his lack of spidey sense. the shades, fury, mysterio, the banana, getting caught with his pants down, etc.
Thats the thing though then they use that very thing to beat the villain as if its something he has to concentrate and use when really it's more a thing he has to actively ignore to get through the day.

They mentioned the spider sense was off but they never explained why. One of my beefs with the film. I guess the writers figured his sense would have to be off for Mysterio to fool him in the beginning. They just didn’t do a good job of giving a reason.

He definitely had the Peter Tingle in Infinity War. Possibly the stress of Infinity War/Tony's death affected him. You look at Spider-Man 2 and he temporarily lost his powers over stress and anxiety in that film. This might be a second, more subtle callback to that film.

I’m like 20 mins in and the world knows who to be grateful to

In those kids got the gawd twice in the ‘in memoriam’

upload_2019-7-5_8-0-52.jpeg

spider_man_3_12.jpg

Nawghty been dreaming about Kirsten Dunst for a long time

Considering what we’ve seen every time someone gets webbed, not sure how one would really really get down in those circumstances

Going need to watch again to figure out how I really feel

But knowing certain things going in, made certain aspects make sense or at least be better.. because I’d be annoyed not knowing certain things, to be honest

But I feel like this made me feel more excited about what is to come from 3 and dr strange

They mentioned the spider sense was off but they never explained why. One of my beefs with the film. I guess the writers figured his sense would have to be off for Mysterio to fool him in the beginning. They just didn’t do a good job of giving a reason.
His depression was the reason but they never really said it

The first qtr of the movie was TRASH. Partly because I knew where it was going with Beck but the concept of how and why they needed him there sucked.

Dude definitely just wanted to get away all film and was looking for an excuse to get out of it.. he went through something traumatic and just wanted out

There were little things that bothered me, but I got the kid making some dumb decisions part

Once they got all the deception trash movie was great. Felt like a cartoon episode.

JJJ back was my only “gasp” moment lol. Took me by surprise for sure

I mean....I understood it as his Spider sense was never off. The villains in the first part of the movie weren't real, so there was no threat to sense.

I mean, right?

And lawd ole girl was ready when she was watching dude hop out that window

MOIST

Movie was good. It’s hard for me to rate the sum of the parts after one watch.

Pros:
- I believe he’s now called Gyllengawd.
- The concept behind how the illusions were done and the special effects.
- Overall the plot and villain were good. One of the better MCU villains.
- JK f’ing Simmons.
- JB f’ing Smoove.
- best post-credits scenes in a while.
- The let Peter step out and be his own hero to an extent. Hopefully they keep it going. Although it seems like he still has access to a ton if Stark tech.
- No Karen in the new suit (that we know about).

Cons:
- The made Peter a puppy dog again. MJ should be chasing him.
- No explanation for why the tickle wasn’t working.
- Peter not wanting to be a hero. I get why they did it but it’s out of character. With great power must also come.... and all.
- The who glasses thing was unnecessary. Just a plot device to make Peter feel responsible. Uncle Ben is already enough. I guess it also served to raise the stakes for the final battle by giving him more drones than he had before.
- We’ve had 7 live action Spidey films and the villain has learned his secret identity in every single one of them. Ugh.

The way this movie marinates on my soul man :smh: it’s like the more I think about the film, the more amazing it becomes. Jake Gyllenhaal is the GOAT man. How he goes from suave demeanor to completely unhinged is so comic booky.

Marvel lost out on two oscar actors in gyllenhaal and norton. Jake is too special though man. They goofed.

Back
Top Bottom