WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I have a feeling this thread is gonna blow up over the weekend, especially if this comes true:

- new trilogy following Peter Parker in college and meeting some of the X Men
- bigger role in the next two Avengers films

who is this "insider" that has this big breaking news that no one else has?

and spidermans gon' be in d23 because they have an attraction opening up at DCA next year which makes me think this dude knows very little

who is this "insider" that has this big breaking news that no one else has?

and spidermans gon' be in d23 because they have an attraction opening up at DCA next year which makes me think this dude knows very little
Hahahahaha ask us lakers fans about “insiders”

FOH with that. Stop giving internet insiders clout. Just relax. Enjoy your day and if the news is real, wait for it to be official.

when it comes to money, nothing is really gon' surprise me even if that report up top comes true before the panel tomorrow is completely plausible

Sony needs to take the deal. Marvel only will get 30% of the profits that you know will do a Billi every time. The last two Sony movies were 700 milli, so they have the opportunity to at least match or make more.

Plus Scarlett Spider would not do well on the big screen. Especially if we’re talking Kane in Houston. Much better as a TV property, which Sony doesn’t have the rights to. Spider-Man 2099 is a toss up for movie or tv show, but I think either could work. Venom in the MCU would be great if they go the route of Secret Wars, plus you know Tom Hardy and Tom Holland would Kill on screen together under Marvel writing.

so someone asks him what he thinks of those rumors and his reply is... there are rumors!!!

groundbreaking! :lol:

but what really make me doubt this "rumor" is that it is way too detailed and something that seems like marvel would keep under wraps

details like joining the xmen so they can replicate the spiderman & the amazing friends cartoon

such a giant spoiler moving forward and ruins a lot of surprises

but then again i cant even count how many times ive been wrong about these things so :lol:

what's she bitter about?
Overall relationship with her father, shade thrown her way over how Stan Lee was treated and allegedly abused his last month's/year alive, Marvel execs not paying her any mind (she's been trying to do what Stan did), etc.

There's a whole thing and set of drama when it comes to Stan Lee's daughter.

That would be cool if there was an agreement in place and Feige announces the next Spider-Man film which will include Firestar and Ice-Man lol

From a business standpoint, what else would you call it?
Prematurely ending a lucrative business endeavor due to arrogance.
It may have worked with Fox, but Sony ain't no gardening tool.
Disney practiced no such thing with Fox. They never got as close as Sony did when it came to making a deal.

Disney let Fox fail on their own while they helped Sony before they did. They didn't need to use any tactics and wont have to with Sony.

What Disney is doing is trying to do is get compensated for their share of their investment. Marvel's creative production is the sole reason Spider-Man is a billion dollar franchise and they feel they should get a larger piece of the pie even if that means they have to put up money for production costs.

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik I'm for Spidey in MCU and would hate anything outside of it, but to say MCU is the sole reason Spider-Man is a billion dollar franchise is false. Sony was in the 9 figure range with prior films, and with the success of Venom it's conceivable they could get to billion dollar ballpark. While MCU/Disney played a huge role in pushing Spider-Man next level, by no means are they the sole reason.

Overall relationship with her father, shade thrown her way over how Stan Lee was treated and allegedly abused his last month's/year alive, Marvel execs not paying her any mind (she's been trying to do what Stan did), etc.

There's a whole thing and set of drama when it comes to Stan Lee's daughter.
I remember hearing allegations of elder abuse that Stan denied but wasn't aware of the other stuff.

Master Zik Master Zik I'm for Spidey in MCU and would hate anything outside of it, but to say MCU is the sole reason Spider-Man is a billion dollar franchise is false. Sony was in the 9 figure range with prior films, and with the success of Venom it's conceivable they could get to billion dollar ballpark. While MCU/Disney played a huge role in pushing Spider-Man next level, by no means are they the sole reason.
I just stated a fact.

Sony made 5 Spider-Man movies before the deal with the MCU and none of them made a billi.

2 movies in to the deal with the MCU and a Spider-Man movie has made a billi.

Just cuz they made 9 figures and hovered around there doesnt point to future profits.

The last two Sony Spidey flicks were the LOWEST earners of all Spider-Man movies.

Marvel had FULL CREATIVE CONTROL of Homecoming and Far From Home. So to me, yes, Marvel Studios is the sole reason Spider-Man is a billion dollar franchise. All the elements are there, coming off Endgame, Tony's legacy, Nick Fury's role, etc.

Sony had nothing to do with any of that. Marvel made the movie, Sony just paid for it.

I just stated a fact.

Sony made 5 Spider-Man movies before the deal with the MCU and none of them made a billi.

2 movies in to the deal with the MCU and a Spider-Man movie has made a billi.

Just cuz they made 9 figures and hovered around there doesnt point to future profits.

The last two Sony Spidey flicks were the LOWEST earners of all Spider-Man movies.

Marvel had FULL CREATIVE CONTROL of Homecoming and Far From Home. So to me, yes, Marvel Studios is the sole reason Spider-Man is a billion dollar franchise. All the elements are there, coming off Endgame, Tony's legacy, Nick Fury's role, etc.

Sony had nothing to do with any of that. Marvel made the movie, Sony just paid for it.
Didn't Sony cast Tom Holland? That's a major part of those 2 movies success

I see what you're saying Master Zik Master Zik . Trust me I'm not trying to discredit MCU and lift up Sony, but I'm looking at it with context and the performance of those early films were incredible especially if you do inflation adjustment. Freaking VENOM made $850 million, tell me you don't believe that Sony or any other studio can't make a billion in today's market if they were a decent steward of this character...

For reference:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travis...ery-spider-man-movie-box-office/#4f8949d37c43

Didn't Sony cast Tom Holland? That's a major part of those 2 movies success
Did they?

Sony made the deal with Marvel before anybody was cast last I checked and given Marvel had full creative control that Marvel cast him.

Tom just signed his contract with Sony.

I see what you're saying Master Zik Master Zik . Trust me I'm not trying to discredit MCU and lift up Sony, but I'm looking at it with context and the performance of those early films were incredible especially if you do inflation adjustment. Freaking VENOM made $850 million, tell me you don't believe that Sony or any other studio can't make a billion in today's market if they were a decent steward of this character...

For reference:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travis...ery-spider-man-movie-box-office/#4f8949d37c43
That's the thing though I don't believe they can be decent stewards.

They get the credit for their movies making the money they did but unless they started making smart decisions with directors and story direction I don't see them making any billion dollar Spider-Man movies.

I feel like if they split completely from Marvel, Sony would begin to fail again and see diminishing returns with Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Did they?

Sony made the deal with Marvel before anybody was cast last I checked and given Marvel had full creative control that Marvel cast him.

Tom just signed his contract with Sony.

conflicting reports, marvel wanted some charlie dude while sony wanted holland but then the russos did an interview where they said they hired him for such and such reason but the initial report was that marvel wanted another dude along with asa butterfield or whatever

but yeah his contract is with sony which does make me wonder if its marvel that paid him for his appearance in CW, IW and EG or is that part of his sony contract?

It’s a pretty easy fix. Just make your own Spider-Man

Call him “dung beetle man”
Boy gets hit by alien dung beetle and has powers. Done. Easy.

All these tweets from the comic book guys, sounds like their hinting some news about Spider-Man.

Back
Top Bottom