WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

You go as big as you can for as long as you can due to that very fact of not knowing when SONY was going to pull the rug from under your feet

Tell an Amazing story and then move on. Pun intended.

HAWKEYE: BUMBLEBEE Star Hailee Steinfeld Offered Kate Bishop Role In Disney+ TV Series

According to Variety, Bumblebee and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse star Hailee Steinfeld has been offered the role of Kate Bishop in the upcoming Hawkeye TV series on Disney+.

I don't think so. They knew the limitations and risk of losing the character and added Marvel's arguably most-beloved character into the Infinity Saga.

I mean, the MCU has some time till they have to reference Spidey again, right? Next movie that takes place post FFH could be Shang-Chi and then the series on Disney+. But they wouldn't have to necessarily connected Spidey to that series.

In the end, I think he'll be back in the MCU. Just have to allow Sony to eat some humble pie thinking that they can continue to be successful with a character that isn't part of the MCU.
As long as the post 2nd snap Avenger films are in space there's no issue but anything taking place on earth will have a gaping hole imo. Not that the MCU will suffer without SM. Hopefully they get it worked out but if they don't meh..

Man all Far From Home did was leave a cliffhanger for Spider-Man stories. They'll have to do a timeskip just to get around that stuff.

He wasnt promised a spot in the Avengers team and has no connections to what the plot will be as far as anyone knows. Besides not like any other hero is going to ask for the teenager from Queens to help when you got so many other choices and new characters to include.

What kind of ramifications does the Disney Sony fallout have for Spidermans story?

Can Aunt May (Marisa Tomei) and Happy (John Favreau) even be a part of it? That would be a pretty big omission in the SM storyline if you can’t even have them.

They would have to completely do a story where he is kidnapped and can’t contact them or just get new actors which would be a huge problem down the line.

Man all Far From Home did was leave a cliffhanger for Spider-Man stories. They'll have to do a timeskip just to get around that stuff.

He wasnt promised a spot in the Avengers team and has no connections to what the plot will be as far as anyone knows. Besides not like any other hero is going to ask for the teenager from Queens to help when you got so many other choices and new characters to include.
Gaping may have been too strong a word. I didn't see FFH so my gaping isn't valid:lol: but the main reason hi would watch it is because of its relation to the MCU. I stand by the MCU won't suffer without SM given the material they have to work with like you said.

What kind of ramifications does the Disney Sony fallout have for Spidermans story?

Can Aunt May (Marisa Tomei) and Happy (John Favreau) even be a part of it? That would be a pretty big omission in the SM storyline if you can’t even have them.

They would have to completely do a story where he is kidnapped and can’t contact them or just get new actors which would be a huge problem down the line.
The entire Spider-Man cast in the two movies will carry over to the next sequel minus MCU characters (Happy, Fury, Hill, etc.)

So no Aunt May and Happy background subplot.

They cant even directly reference the MCU Spidey movies.

Its gonna be a soft reboot.

The entire Spider-Man cast in the two movies will carry over to the next sequel minus MCU characters (Happy, Fury, Hill, etc.)

So no Aunt May and Happy background subplot.

They cant even directly reference the MCU Spidey movies.

Its gonna be a soft reboot.

No Tony Stark glasses then. Lol

The new word is that Sony japan has been really pushing for Sony's movie division to be sold. These talks with Disney/Marvel are deeper than Spider-man, its to up Sony's price to be purchased. Amazon and Apple are supposedly in the bidding too. Regardless, a sale of Sony's film division would revert the film rights of Spider-man back to Marvel...

developing.

source?

you keep posting these things that seems to be just rattling off of your head

:lol:

it was just earlier this year that the new ceo that took over wanted to prioritize their entertainment assets and less than a year later they want to sell especially after all the big success they've had including into the spiderverse and venom (both outside the mcu)?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/06/business/media/sony-movies-television-ces-playstation.html

plus the justice system is gon' axe that deal if disney is the main bidder after the fox purchase

I figure Sony is gonna give the film & tv side a chance to profit before they sell.

Regardless selling (to whoever) gets the rights to Disney.

So probably in the next 3-5 years.

No Tony Stark glasses then. Lol
Yup.

None of the Spidey suits either.

Gaping may have been too strong a word. I didn't see FFH so my gaping isn't valid:lol: but the main reason hi would watch it is because of its relation to the MCU. I stand by the MCU won't suffer without SM given the material they have to work with like you said.
I don't believe the MCU will suffer without Spider-Man. It just would be nice to know that he's in the MCU somewhere and can be referenced at anytime. But at the moment, really cant.

They will prob use Dr Strange to retcon Spidey.....esp since it’s gonna deal with Multiverses
This is the one MCU film that I am really looking forward to. Seeing the multiverse in the MCU is going to be crazy and I hope it truly is.

I'm going to take the next Spider-Man movie similar to a one-shot comic issue that isn't canon.

They could still address Spider-Man as just Peter though, right?

this is THE PETER of the MCU now:

giphy.gif

Have a Spiderverse where they got our version of Peter Parker into another dimension or maybe a slightly different dimension Peter Parker. Cant see another way they can retcon with how connected the two films were.

Hell if they have a Spider-Verse film for the 3rd film, I'm all for it. Would be cool to see Tobey and Garfield interect with Holland.

But I doubt Garfield would be interested in that.

Have a Spiderverse where they got our version of Peter Parker into another dimension or maybe a slightly different dimension Peter Parker. Cant see another way they can retcon with how connected the two films were.
The connection is one sided.

A lot of cool ideas to exain away Spidey's absence but they don't need to do any.

aint nothing going on in here except daydreaming about Spider-man huh?

Well he is gone, lets move on. We had him for like 5 movies in 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom